School of Self-Reliance Updates

  • Christopher Nyerges
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013

      SCHOOL OF SELF-RELIANCE UPDATES,

      April 2013

      During this mid-April tax deadline, we cannot help but realize that “money” is an inextricable part of our very survival.  That’s why I devoted a whole chapter to economics in my “How to Survive Anywhere” book.

      Yes, we should pay our bills, learn to save wisely, and learn all the ways to enrich our lives that have nothing to do with money!  This includes making things, learning new skills, bartering.  In fact, this is why we teach survival skills, and why I write the regular Blog.  We explore how to become self-reliant if we had to depend solely on our own skills and ingenuity.  And when you read movie reviews in the Blog section – such as the recent “Book of Eli” review – you’ll see that in some circumstances, what we call “money” today can be a worthless piece of paper in another scenario.

      As always, you are welcome to send questions our way.  Remember, we offer classes to your School, Church, or group. And we offer Consultations as well.

      UPDATED CLASSES

      We’ve added some new classes to our Schedule at  www.ChristopherNyerges.com.  More dates will be added periodically, such as some Wednesday outings for those of you who are free during a weekday.

      STORE DEAL

      Please take a moment and look at our limited selection of survival and self-reliance books.  Through June, here is a special that recipients of this email  can take advantage of:   For only $12, we’ll send you two of Christopher’s books: “Testing Your Outdoor Survival Skills,” and “Extreme Simplicity:Homesteading in the  City.” That price includes postage!

      BLOG

      We hope you enjoy the Blogs that are posted more or less weekly.  If you have comments, please sign up and add your comments.

      SUNDAY MORNINGS

      We have ongoing Sunday Spiritual Studies sessions in Highland Park, every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.  See www.wtinc.info for details, and subject matter.

      FARMERS MARKETS

      Have your wild plants identified for free at the Glendale Farmers Market, every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on Brand Blvd. between Broadway and Wilson.

      Also visit the Old L.A Farmers Market in  Highland Park, on Avenue 58 at Figueroa. Here is the link to their Facebook page.

      http://www.facebook.com/HighlandParkOldLaCertifiedFarmersMarket

      See you on the trail!