Re: Cypress Park: NEW Marmion Way Apartments

  • Eddie Rivera
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 18, 2013
      More density in Northeast LA. What a staggeringly stupid idea.

      Edward Rivera
      Editorial Director
      Arroyo Seco Journal Magazine
      Los Angeles, CA 90031

      SKYPE: Eddietor323

      On Mar 18, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Yvonne Sarceda wrote:

      > I encourage you to go.
      > At least you received a flyer regarding proposed project. In our neighborhood, a Notice of Hearing was received on Thursday regarding re-zoning and building of 62 dwelling units + on Ave 50 and Aldama, without prior opportunity to view or give feedback! The hearing is April 11th.

    • Brett Goldstone
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
        There is no density in NE LA! What are you all complaining about? You live in one of the biggest cities in the world. I can't believe you think this way! If we don't build density there will be no open land. Utilities will become unbelievably expensive. Property tax will increase to pay for infrastructure and roads to far fling developments. Transportation will never be affordable. All because we are selfish and nimby cranks.
        Brett

        Sent from my Potato

        On Mar 19, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Eddie Rivera <editor@...> wrote:

        > More density in Northeast LA. What a staggeringly stupid idea.
        >

        > Edward Rivera
        > Editorial Director
        > Arroyo Seco Journal Magazine
        > Los Angeles, CA 90031
        >

        > SKYPE: Eddietor323
        >

        > On Mar 18, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Yvonne Sarceda wrote:
        >

        >> I encourage you to go.
        >> At least you received a flyer regarding proposed project. In our neighborhood, a Notice of Hearing was received on Thursday regarding re-zoning and building of 62 dwelling units + on Ave 50 and Aldama, without prior opportunity to view or give feedback! The hearing is April 11th.

      • car2532002
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
          Don't vote for another 12 years of "do nothing Ed Reyes" with his employee "no way, Jose". Vote for change. Vote for Gil.

          Susan

          --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Marino Pascal <weblists@...> wrote:

          > Looks like Ed Reyes is cramming as many large apartments as he can just before he leaves office.
          > Something to pay for his retirement.
          > You guys loved him because like Huizar he knows how to tell you all the things you want to hear without actually doing anything ie Southwest
          > Museum.
          > They are also good at taking credit for other people's work like new businesses coming to Highland Park.
          >
          > Unfortunately as long as we have these uncohesive gerrymandered districts we'll be living in a banana republic.
          >
          > I'm all for affordable housing but small scale or if it's large scale it should be a mix of market rate and affordable.
          > If you build all "affordable" then you are sentencing poor people to a life of poverty because they have nobody in the neighborhood to look up
          > to or hire them.
          >
          > Marino Pascal

        • Joe Walker
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
            Folks...
            Do not be scammed by this whole "affordable housing" "Senior housing" thing.  Those buzz words scare away neighborhood activists as they are portrayed as pushing destitute old folks in their wheelchairs onto the Gold Line tracks. Remember the developer who wanted to put in a 7-11 on York a few months back?  He claimed the owner was in her 80's and just wanted to have financial security, etc...

            Joe

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 19, 2013
              Brett, we have a tremendous amount of people who live here. At least this is next to the Gold line/ public transit where it should be. However, I am concerned that it is next to power lines, generators, and a freeway. Plus there is a huge difference between affordable and low income.
              Rourk
              --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Brett Goldstone <brettgoldstone@...> wrote:

              > There is no density in NE LA! What are you all complaining about? You live in one of the biggest cities in the world. I can't believe you think this way! If we don't build density there will be no open land. Utilities will become unbelievably expensive. Property tax will increase to pay for infrastructure and roads to far fling developments. Transportation will never be affordable. All because we are selfish and nimby cranks.
              > Brett
              >
              > Sent from my Potato
              >
              > On Mar 19, 2013, at 4:33 PM, Eddie Rivera <editor@...> wrote:
              >
              > > More density in Northeast LA. What a staggeringly stupid idea.
              > >

              > > Edward Rivera
              > > Editorial Director
              > > Arroyo Seco Journal Magazine
              > > Los Angeles, CA 90031
              > >

              > > SKYPE: Eddietor323
              > >

              > > On Mar 18, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Yvonne Sarceda wrote:
              > >

              > >> I encourage you to go.
              > >> At least you received a flyer regarding proposed project. In our neighborhood, a Notice of Hearing was received on Thursday regarding re-zoning and building of 62 dwelling units + on Ave 50 and Aldama, without prior opportunity to view or give feedback! The hearing is April 11th.

            • Tom Marble
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 20, 2013
                I see new construction as a positive development in improving our neighborhood. The trick is how to make it look good. Too much of what's built is horrific -- cheap stucco boxes poorly designed. How do we ensure that these won't be that?

                Tom Marble
              • Joe S
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 21, 2013
                  There are already a ton of multi-family properties in this area and they're filled to the brim. The (in my opinion, awful) location and the size of this project send up massive red flags, in terms of it being something that could really dampen this neighborhood in the long run. While I'm trying to keep an open mind until I see the proposal, I can't help but think that this is the wrong direction for my community.

                  Still, I'll be hopeful that this COULD be something beneficial and listen to what they have to say...TONIGHT!!!

                  "Palm Communities invites you to attend a community meeting to discuss the preliminary plans to build a 49-unit affordable/workforce housing apartment complex for families and veterans on Marmion Way.

                  We welcome your feedback and suggestions at this informational meeting to review the proposed project details and design. Refreshments will be served. Se habla español.

                  Thursday, March 21st, 7:oo PM @ Cypress Recreation Center: 2630 Pepper Ave. / Los Angeles, CA 90065"

                  Joe S.