Schiff, Activists, Request Metrolink Study Cypress Park Rail Yard Health Impacts — Easts ider LA

  • Christopher Howard
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
      Congressman Adam Schiff has joined activists in Cypress Park and neighboring Elysian Valley in calling on Metrolink to conduct an extensive study of the potential risks the commuter rail line’s Taylor Yard maintenance center poses to the health of nearby residents. In addition to noise generated by idling engines, many residents have also expressed concern about particulate matter - small particles of pollution that can be inhaled – in the exhaust of the many diesel engines serviced at the center. A health assessment could provide evidence that could support or refute such worries.

      more...

      http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2013/03/congressman-wants-metrolink-to-study-health-impact-of-cypress-park-rail-yard/#comments

      posted to nelalist by c howard
    • Clyde Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
        Actually with a few assumption a good AQModel could tell the probable exposure conditions if met conditions could be monitored for a couple of days

        Full program could be done in a week

        Tom

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Mar 16, 2013, at 10:42 AM, Christopher Howard <christohoward@...> wrote:

        > Congressman Adam Schiff has joined activists in Cypress Park and neighboring Elysian Valley in calling on Metrolink to conduct an extensive study of the potential risks the commuter rail line’s Taylor Yard maintenance center poses to the health of nearby residents. In addition to noise generated by idling engines, many residents have also expressed concern about particulate matter - small particles of pollution that can be inhaled – in the exhaust of the many diesel engines serviced at the center. A health assessment could provide evidence that could support or refute such worries.
        >
        > more...
        >
        > http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2013/03/congressman-wants-metrolink-to-study-health-impact-of-cypress-park-rail-yard/#comments
        >
        > posted to nelalist by c howard

      • car2532002
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 17, 2013
          Metrolink is not the problem. They have already resolved their issues. Metrolink was never the problem. Union Pacific is the problem. No one is even trying to stop them. I asked Councilmember Ed Reyes for 12 years to do something and Sonia Jimenez refused. I gave her a package of information several times. She never lifted a finger. She flat out refused to even look into it.

          Susan