Highland Theatre's Gone Digital!

  • Les Kaye
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      Surprised no one's posted about this.

      While walking in to see Jack the Giant Slayer last night, we saw an outside banner announcing that the theater was now ALL DIGITAL!. Yippee!!! Apparently the changeover happened a couple of weeks ago.

      As much as I love the Highland, hopefully this means no more funky projection issues (dark prints, scratches, torn screen…). It also hopefully means fewer visits to Glendale and Pasadena for a higher priced pristine movie-going experience.

      I was getting a little concerned that our little neighborhood gem was going to be left behind, so this is welcome news. The film looked great technically, and the theater was about half-full - not bad in the middle of the week for a film that's considered a box office dud. I asked about 3D, and was told they're working on it. I know it's a gimmick, but that would be the cherry on top.

      Oh, yeah, the downside: It's still a bargain, but ticket prices have gone up a buck across the board (I think), and it appears concession prices have risen too. Oh well...

      Les