Re: Glassell Park NC - special meeting & funds

  • Jose Martinez
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2013
      Brian: Yes. Not possibly, they did.

      Jose

      P.S. Sorry for the delayed response.

      ________________________________
      From: Brian Frobisher <froby@...>

      Jose.

      Is this the meeting where the GPNC apparently funneled funds (Vague amounts on agenda) but it turned out to be thousands to a couple of local groups that possibly then sent voters to the GPNC elections to help out certain candidates?

      Thanks for exposing this, it’s good to know that someone is watching.

      Brian Frobisher
      Glassell Park

      ________________________________

      From: Lisette Covarrubias mailto:lisette.covarrubias%40lacity.org>

      Good Afternoon Mr. Martinez,

      I hope this email finds you well.

      We have followed with the GPNC with regards to your inquiry, "(1) Article V (Governing Board) Section 1 Part B Item 3 states that "Alternate Governing Board members who attended the immediately previous General Stakeholder meeting may be seated as neccessary to form a quorum...". Last night the Chair allowed alternate Rubina Ghazarian to be seated and vote on the motions, but she did NOT attend the last General Stakeholder meeting on 9/18/12, or for that matter, several previous ones either..

      The following is the information we received:

      The Special Meeting held on October 2, 2012 was attended by 7 out of the 15 elected board members.  Those in attendance on October 2, 2012 were Art Camarillo, Bradley, Maggie Lopez-Robles, Gladys Pinto-Muñoz, George Smith, Paul Getto, Jose L. Perez, Leonard Rivas,  and Ruby DeVera. Rubina Ghazarian was also in attendance as an Alternate.  In order to convene a meeting, Rubina Ghazarian took a seat as the 8th Board Member to allow the meeting to convene. However, the GPNC could not take action on any of the agendized items (given the situation that you provide in you concern) but heard from those from the public in attendance.

      If you need further follow up, please be sure to contact the GPNC Board.  I have cc'd Mr. Ruby DeVera, Chair of the GPNC.  You may also attend their upcoming meeting if you need further clarification or information.

      Best,

      Department staff has contacted the GPNC and has confirmed that the actions taken during the Oct. 2nd meeting are null and void, given that Mr. Rubina Ghazarian

      Please be advised that last night the GPNC held a special meeting chaired by Bradley that violated its bylaws and illegally approved funds for items that are not in its approved budget:

      --
      Lisette Covarrubias
      Project Coordinator

      Department of Neighborhood Empowerment