RE: Gruel Stoops to silly and tasteless

  • Brian Frobisher
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2013

      Joe, my blue bin is filling up with this junk now.

      It’s a mess, also sarcastic and mean=spirited, oh and don’t forget snarky!

      Brian

      Glassell Park

      From: Ollin Band <ollinband@...>
      To: "nelalist@yahoogroups.com" <nelalist@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 11:00 AM

      She's snarky -- beyond her politics, do we want someone in that office that is sarcastic and mean=spirited.

      Nillo

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2013
        I agree.  Most of Wendy's mailers are tasteless and lies.  Of course all political mailers are allowed to lie, which I think is a disgrace.  There should be laws prohibiting such a gross miscarriage of justice.  Many people actually believe what they read and vote accordingly.  From personal experience, I know Wendy lies---and not just in her mailers.  It's a shame that, in a big City like Los Angeles, we don't have truly qualified people to run for Mayor.

        Arline
      • Joe Walker
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1 9:02 AM
          Arlene,
          Saying there should be a law against people lying in flyers is like saying we should throw people in jail for lying.  Its just not possible.  Most political hit pieces have an element of truth, even if you personally disagree with it.

          If someone would scan or PDF the flyer that they are sure is full of outright lies, maybe you would let a true outsider analyze it and get back to you?  I know from my experience, the flyers that make me the most angry are always the one's from the "other side".

          Joe