Avenue 43 bridge - Arroyo Seco Parkway Lighting

  • Christopher Howard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2013
      In an effort to help restore lighting to the 110 Parkway AND Avenue 43 bridge alongside the community of Montecito Heights I'm asking that you please take a second to fill out a Caltrans MSR form (Maintenance Service Request) to request something be done about it.

      As most of you may already know the Parkway and the Avenue 43 bridge are under Caltrans jurisdition, so any need or improvement must go through them. It's a rather simple form and can be filled out in a minute or less. I don't know if anything will be done but I do know it can't hurt in a strength through numbers approach. We as taxpayers deserve to know what will be done about it as they are turning a blind eye to a known issue.

      For those of you that travel the freeway and or bridge I am sure you have noticed it is pitch black and this darkness poses a safety and security risk both on the freeway and surface street(s). The bridge and west facing stretch of freeway are used by many so we can all claim a stake and interest in having the lighting work properly (or at all for that matter).

      Here is the link...

      http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/maint/msrsubmit/

      Upon completion you will be issued a MSR ticket number that will be emailed to you claiming you will have a response within 10 days.

      Below is a sample of the confirmation I was given upon completion.

      Thanks In Advance,
      Danny Duarte

      Maintenance Service Request - Customer Confirmation This is your Maintenance Service Request Confirmation and Ticket Number. Please retain this information for future reference. A copy of this confirmation has been sent to the email address that you provided. Maintenance Service Requests ( MSR´s ) are handled Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM.

      Thank You for being a concerned citizen and reporting this maintenance issue.

      REMINDER: This Maintenance Service Request process should NOT be used to report any kind of highway emergency. Report highway emergencies to 911 or the California Highway Patrol immediately.

      MSR Ticket Number: 546905
      Date Submitted: 2013-01-21 22:07:46
      California County: Los Angeles
      State Highway Route: 110
      Nearest Town or City: Los Angeles
      Nearest Cross Street: Avenue 43
      Mode of Transportation: Car
      Direction of Travel: Both
      Time Situation Noticed: 7 pm - 8 pm
      Type of Situation: Traffic Lighting

      Describe Nature of Situation: None of the lights along the 110 corridor from Broadway up unto around South Pasadena are functioning properly. I would specifically like to have the Avenue 43 bridge light up as it's supposed to for security concerns our improvement association has voiced. Please install the brightest possible light permissible as the zero lighting is a safety issue. The City has directed me to Caltrans as the bridge and parkway is under that entities jurisdiction. Please respond with description of further action taken.

      Geographic Location of Situation: Avenue 43 bridge lights have been out for around a year.

      Customer´s Email: *********@...

      Posted to nelalist by c howard
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nelalist/
    • Becky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2013
        This is a great idea.  I have sent my complaint to CalTrans.  Fingers crossed.

        Becky