Re: Greater Cypress Park NC Agenda - Marijuana shop discussion

  • car2532002
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2013
      Ray, that is a separate issue on whether this stuff is for medicine or not. My concern is not that. People are going to get the stuff off of their drug dealer if not by legal purposes anyways. People need to make their own choices. The city makes tax revenue rather then expenses locking people up.

      My real concern is that these pot shops are not a nuisiance to the neighborhood. Cypress Park only has 2 pot shops. One has been around for a while and the 2nd one just opened a block away. These 2 shops have not been a nuisiance. People come and go and that's it. No illegal activity outside the shops. The owner of the one shop is very strict on their customers. Any bad behavior and they can not come back. They do not want to be closed down so have very strict rules. The owner came to the nieghborhood council meeting when I was on the board. I invited him to attend. He gave very useful information. The other shop just opened. I don't know if it is owned by the same guy or not. But the same thing. There is no one loitering in front or any illegal activity.

      I am sure there are good owners and bad ones. The shops in Cypress Park do not seem to be a problem. I detest it when people lie about what is happening. That is why I like to bring in the owners to tell the truth. That was not done at the last Greater Cypress park neighborhood council meeting. The owners need to attend to stop lies and give the truth and hear the concerns of the neighbors.

      Susan