1st Phase Of The New Bike Plan Implementations Available

  • cp00733
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 19, 2013
      To: "Dave Somers"
      Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 2:40 PM

      Dear interested stakeholder,

      You are included in the list of stakeholders to receive the Notice of Availability of Draft EIR for the First Year of First Five-Year Implementation Strategy and the My Figueroa Streetscape Project. Find attached in the Notice of Availability a project description, location of proposed facilities, information to access the Draft EIR, as well as information on the public hearings. Written comments on the Draft EIR can be submitted to me through response to this email, or delivered to the contact below. The comment period on the Draft EIR ends March 4th, 2013.

      Note that LADOT will not make a final decision to approve all 40 miles of bike lanes projects included in the First Year project list at the same time, but rather intends to proceed in tiers by: 1) approving a subsection of bicycle lanes as proposed, 2) approving a subsection of bicycle lanes as modified in design based on public input and traffic and safety analysis, and 3) deferring the implementation of some of the more difficult bicycle lanes to a later date. LADOT may proceed with the implementation of some of the bicycle lanes from the project list upon filing a Notice of Exemption, and after review of the traffic and safety impacts contained in the Draft EIR and public input has been received and responded to. Subject to final approval by LADOT, the installation of the bicycle lanes is anticipated to take less than 12 months, and the completion of the first tier of bicycle lanes would begin sometime in 2013. Implementation of the proposed project would create a greater network of connectivity and would help meet the goals of the 2010 Bicycle Plan.

      We look forward to your participation,

      --
      David J. Somers

      Policy Planning and Historic Resources Division
      Citywide Planning, Bicycle Plan
      Department of City Planning
      200 North Spring Street, Room 667
      Los Angeles, CA 90012

      Tel: (213) 978-3307
      Fax: (213) 978-1477
      david.somers@...
      Mail Stop 395

      posted to nelalist by
      Christine Peters
    • Sara E
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
        Can you post a link so we can look at the D-EIR? Thanks!

        Sara

        > You are included in the list of stakeholders to receive the Notice of Availability of Draft EIR for the First Year of First Five-Year Implementation Strategy and the My Figueroa Streetscape Project. Find attached in the Notice of Availability a project description, location of proposed facilities, information to access the Draft EIR, as well as information on the public hearings. Written comments on the Draft EIR can be submitted to me through response to this email, or delivered to the contact below. The comment period on the Draft EIR ends March 4th, 2013.
        >
        > Note that LADOT will not make a final decision to approve all 40 miles of bike lanes projects included in the First Year project list at the same time, but rather intends to proceed in tiers by: 1) approving a subsection of bicycle lanes as proposed, 2) approving a subsection of bicycle lanes as modified in design based on public input and traffic and safety analysis, and 3) deferring the implementation of some of the more difficult bicycle lanes to a later date. LADOT may proceed with the implementation of some of the bicycle lanes from the project list upon filing a Notice of Exemption, and after review of the traffic and safety impacts contained in the Draft EIR and public input has been received and responded to. Subject to final approval by LADOT, the installation of the bicycle lanes is anticipated to take less than 12 months, and the completion of the first tier of bicycle lanes would begin sometime in 2013. Implementation of the proposed project would create a greater network of connectivity and would help meet the goals of the 2010 Bicycle Plan.
        >
        > We look forward to your participation,
        >
        > --
        > David J. Somers
        >
        > Policy Planning and Historic Resources Division
        > Citywide Planning, Bicycle Plan
        > Department of City Planning
        > 200 North Spring Street, Room 667
        > Los Angeles, CA 90012