Re: NorthEast Dems endorse Jose Gardea for CD 1

  • car2532002
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 18, 2013
      It was Jose working for Councilmember Ed Reyes office that took 12 years to get some bus benches. And, there are still no new bike lanes. And, the illegal dumping continues. And, there is an increase in violence.

      Does Jose believe in the first amendment? Was he the one that wrote the letter for Councilmember Ed Reyes in support of Divine Saviour Catholic Church taking me to court? (they lost, I won).

      Councilmember Ed Reyes employee Jose does not deserve any vote. The district has not improved in 12 years while he worked for Ed Reyes. Does anyone want another 12 years of Ed Reyes? I think not.

      Susan

      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "clare" wrote:

      > posted by clare.
      >

      > Northeast Democrats Cement Gardea as Democratic Choice in CD-1
      >
      > With nearly 80% of the vote, Jose Gardea wins the endorsement of the only Democratic club in Northeast LA
      > January 17, 2013
      > For Immediate Release
      >
      > Contact: Steve Barkan,
      > 626.535.9616 ext. 2 / 323.533.3106
      > or George Magallanes, 213.308.4791
      > The Northeast Democratic Club, an officially chartered organization of the Democratic Party, overwhelmingly voted last night to endorse Jose Gardea for City Council.
      >
      > Garnering 77.7% of the vote, Gardea's momentum continues to grow in the race for CD-1. The endorsement of the Northeast Democratic Club not only cements Gardea as the Democratic choice but also solidifies him as the choice for local community leaders and neighbors.
      >
      > "I am honored to have earned the endorsement of my local Democratic club," Gardea said."The Northeast Democratic Club is home to me. As a member, I have worked hard throughout the years to elect good Democrats and I look forward to working with my fellow Democrats in our race for District 1."
      >
      > The Northeast Democratic Club joins Democratic leaders including Congressman Tony Cardenas, Senator Alex Padilla, Assemblymembers Jimmy Gomez and Raul Bocanegra and City Councilmembers Ed P. Reyes, Jose Huizar and Joe Buscaino in endorsing Gardea.
      >
      > The Northeast Democratic Club serves Democrats in Northeast Los Angeles, including the communities of Cypress Park, Eagle Rock, El Sereno, Glassell Park, Highland Park, Hermon, Lincoln Heights, Montecito Heights, Monterey Hills, Mt. Washington, and others.
      >
      > Gardea, Chief Deputy to Councilmember Reyes, was born and raised in the First District and has served its communities for more than two decades. Gardea was instrumental in creating the city's first gang injunction to stop the violence. He has directed City resources to build new police and fire stations, as well as new parks, schools and libraries in First District neighborhoods.
      >
      > Jose attended local schools and graduated from UCLA. He lives in Northeast Los Angeles with his wife, Susana, and their two sons, Zacharias and Sebastian
      >
      > For more information about Jose Gardea for City Council, please visit www.josegardea2013.com.
      >
      > # # #
      > Join Our Mailing List at www.josegardea2013.com
      > Paid for by Jose Gardea for City Council 2013. FPPC ID# 1341411

    • car2532002
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 18, 2013
        Crime is up in Northeast. And, now another 12 years of Ed Reyes with Jose. No way Jose!!

        Susan

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
          Brian, respectfully, knowing the area is not enough. We need to elect people that will work for our area.

          In CD 13 Mitch is running for City Council. He works hard. He knows the area. Everyone in the community knows him well. He is respectful of every person regardless of who you are, rich or poor, race, or politics. He has earned the seat he is running for.

          Jose that works for do nothing Reyes hasn't earned the seat. People do not know him. He has not attended neighborhood council meetings, he has not done anything to improve our area. He works for a do nothing city councilmember and he has done nothing. Don't vote for no way Jose. William and Jesse Rosas are the only two that are not city hall re-run employees just looking for their next job. They have done work for the community and for free. It is not about a paycheck for them. It is about putting their heart into the community and doing what is right for the community and not big developers.

        • Eliot Sekuler
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
            I completely disagree: Jose Gardea has attended many of the meetings in which I've participated,  has helped assemble
             and has supervised a field staff that's been extremely responsive and cooperative,  has lived right here in Highland Park for decades and knows how to make City Hall work for our community. He has my vote.
            --Eliot Sekuler

            Brian, respectfully, knowing the area is not enough.  We need to elect people that will work for our area.

            In CD 13 Mitch is running for City Council.  He works hard.  He knows the area.  Everyone in the community knows him well.  He is respectful of every person regardless of who you are, rich or poor, race, or politics.  He has earned the seat he is running for.

            Jose that works for do nothing Reyes hasn't earned the seat.  People do not know him.  He has not attended neighborhood council meetings, he has not done anything to improve our area.  He works for a do nothing city councilmember and he has done nothing.  Don't vote for no way Jose.    William and Jesse Rosas are the only two that are not city hall re-run employees just looking for their next job.  They have done work for the community and for free.  It is not about a paycheck for them.  It is about putting their heart into the community and doing what is right for the community and not big developers.

            Susan

            --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher"  wrote:

            > The GPIA held a candidates forum last night at the Senior Center at Public
            > Storage.
            >

            > All 4 candidates expressed their opinions on a variety of topics, nothing
            > earth shattering, but nonetheless interesting as these are all new people to
            > our area, not the "same old guy"..
            >

            > I got a chance to speak with a couple of the candidates after the meeting
            > and I was talking to Jose Gardea and I mentioned that my mother had grown up
            > on a street south of Glassell Park in Lincoln Heights, back in the 20s and
            > it had a lot of churches on it, I could not remember the street name, but he
            > rattled off "oh, Altura Drive"..I was very impressed and this also
            > reinforced the fact that he actually grew up in this area he wants to
            > represent.
            >

            > It's nice to get to talk to them up close and personal.
            >

            > Brian Frobisher
            >
            > Glassell Park.
            >

            >  _____

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                nelalist-digest@yahoogroups.com
                nelalist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Eddie Rivera
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
              I have worked closely with both Mr. Morrison and Mr. Rosas. Neither of them is in any way, shape or form, ready or qualified to run for any political office of any kind. The less I share with all of you about the two of them, the better. Lets leave it at that.

              On Jan 20, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Eliot Sekuler wrote:

              > I completely disagree: Jose Gardea has attended many of the meetings in which I've participated, has helped assemble
              > and has supervised a field staff that's been extremely responsive and cooperative, has lived right here in Highland Park for decades and knows how to make City Hall work for our community. He has my vote.
              > --Eliot Sekuler

              > From: car2532002

              > Brian, respectfully, knowing the area is not enough. We need to elect people that will work for our area.
              >
              > In CD 13 Mitch is running for City Council. He works hard. He knows the area. Everyone in the community knows him well. He is respectful of every person regardless of who you are, rich or poor, race, or politics. He has earned the seat he is running for.
              >
              > Jose that works for do nothing Reyes hasn't earned the seat. People do not know him. He has not attended neighborhood council meetings, he has not done anything to improve our area. He works for a do nothing city councilmember and he has done nothing. Don't vote for no way Jose. William and Jesse Rosas are the only two that are not city hall re-run employees just looking for their next job. They have done work for the community and for free. It is not about a paycheck for them. It is about putting their heart into the community and doing what is right for the community and not big developers.
              >
              > Susan
              >

              > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" wrote:
              > >
              > > The GPIA held a candidates forum last night at the Senior Center at Public
              > > Storage.
              > >

              > > All 4 candidates expressed their opinions on a variety of topics, nothing
              > > earth shattering, but nonetheless interesting as these are all new people to
              > > our area, not the "same old guy"..
              > >

              > > I got a chance to speak with a couple of the candidates after the meeting
              > > and I was talking to Jose Gardea and I mentioned that my mother had grown up
              > > on a street south of Glassell Park in Lincoln Heights, back in the 20s and
              > > it had a lot of churches on it, I could not remember the street name, but he
              > > rattled off "oh, Altura Drive"..I was very impressed and this also
              > > reinforced the fact that he actually grew up in this area he wants to
              > > represent.
              > >

              > > It's nice to get to talk to them up close and personal.
              > >

              > > Brian Frobisher
              > >
              > > Glassell Park.
              > >

              > > _____

            • car2532002
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
                He has never attended one neighborhood council meeting in Cypress Park. Most people do not know who he is. And, Highland Park is not his area, that his Councilmember Huisar's.

                He knows how city hall works or really doesn't work. He has done nothing for our community. It took 12 years just to get some bus benches and only because Reyes is leaving office and wants to look good at the end. What has "no way, Jose done?" I don't see anything. The streets are dirty and full of potholes. Should I go on?

                Susan
              • car2532002
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
                  Eliot, thanks for letting the cat out of the bag. "No way, Jose", does not live in the district. Thanks for the info.

                  Susan

                  --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Eliot Sekuler wrote:

> [...]
                  > > Hills, Mt. Washington, and others.
                  > >
                  > > Gardea, Chief Deputy to Councilmember Reyes, was born and raised in the
                  > > First District and has served its communities for more than two decades.
                  > > Gardea was instrumental in creating the city's first gang injunction to stop
                  > > the violence. He has directed City resources to build new police and fire
                  > > stations, as well as new parks, schools and libraries in First District
                  > > neighborhoods.
                  > >
                  > > Jose attended local schools and graduated from UCLA. He lives in Northeast
                  > > Los Angeles with his wife, Susana, and their two sons, Zacharias and
                  > > Sebastian
                  > >
                  > > For more information about Jose Gardea for City Council, please visit
                  > > www.josegardea2013.com.
                  > >
                  > > # # #
                  > > Join Our Mailing List at www.josegardea2013.com
                  > > Paid for by Jose Gardea for City Council 2013. FPPC ID# 1341411

                • Tina Gulotta-Miller
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
                    Jose Gardea works hard and has shown his enthusiasm and vision with many of us in the community. He has the capacity to make CD1 a stronger and more vibrant community. He is a real leader.

                    Tina Miller

                  • Clyde Williams
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 22, 2013
                      Does this say something about "E" perhaps as much as "G" or "J" or "E2"?  or Does it say something about the LACity Council and how it works...Maybe only people like "E" and "G" can really function in the LACC and even "J" and "E2" may become like "ER"...

                      Tom or T

                      From: Eddie Rivera

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 23, 2013
                        Sometimes someone's heart makes them more qualified than sitting in city hall doing nothing. Book learning does not make one smarter than life experiences. William and Jesse Rosas live in the community. They both do work to improve the community for free. That is something that "no way, Jose" has not done even while collecting a paycheck.

                        If "no way, Jose" lives in Highland Park, he does not live in the district. Thanks for the information.

                        No more 12 years with another "do nothing Ed Reyes" with "no way Jose."

                        Susan

                        "no way, Jose" does not live in the district. He does not qualify. And, neither does "Gil the 710 supporter".