Carlin G. Smith Rec Center hosts Gymnasium For The MInd

  • leh.robert@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Hi there, NELA neighbors! This is my first post on the board, and I want to invite everyone to the Gymnasium For The Mind workshops starting Tuesday, January 8th, at the Carlin G. Smith Center. These free, one-hour workshops are a program of games and exercises specifically designed to stimulate the mind and imagination. They exercise a wide range of mental cognitive activities, including working memory, attention, processing speed, imagination, problem solving, and verbal fluency.

      Our games and exercises are played in a safe and encouraging atmosphere, and stimulate `playfulness.' Having fun makes us smarter and produces vitality and enthusiasm in the players. Since the games and exercises are group activities, they encourage social interaction, as well as benefit the health of the mind.

      Gymnasium For The Mind workshops are held every Tuesday from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. starting January 8th at the Carlin G. Smith Recreation Center, 511 West Avenue 46 Los Angeles, CA 90065 (323-225-4960). Workshops are free and open to adults of all ages.

      We hope you'll come by and join us!

      Robert Leh and Michael D. Nye, Instructors