hit and run by Dakota Truck

  • AngelicaG
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 22, 2012
      Please be on the look out for a Chrysler/Dodge Dakota truck with front right headlight/bumper damage and rear bumper damage. If you see one, please contact me immediately. I am trying to find the driver who hit my car leaving significant damage and no note.

      The hit and run happened in the early morning on Friday morning, December 21, 2012 between 1:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. The Dakota truck smashed my Honda's rear driver side corner, while it was parked in front of my house on Glenalbyn/Camino Real. The Dakota truck struck my neighbor's parked Ford Escape in the rear bumper as well.

      No note was left. However, a fragment of a shattered Chrysler Dakota right head light was found at the scene.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Angelica Garza
      garzapi@...
    • car2532002
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 22, 2012
        Put in the claims. If you have collision coverage, let your auto insurance company pay for your damage. If you think the amount is under your deductible have your auto insurance company write you an estimate.

        Susan

        --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "AngelicaG" <garzapi@...> wrote:

        > Please be on the look out for a Chrysler/Dodge Dakota truck with front right headlight/bumper damage and rear bumper damage. If you see one, please contact me immediately. I am trying to find the driver who hit my car leaving significant damage and no note.
        >
        > The hit and run happened in the early morning on Friday morning, December 21, 2012 between 1:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. The Dakota truck smashed my Honda's rear driver side corner, while it was parked in front of my house on Glenalbyn/Camino Real. The Dakota truck struck my neighbor's parked Ford Escape in the rear bumper as well.
        >
        > No note was left. However, a fragment of a shattered Chrysler Dakota right head light was found at the scene.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Angelica Garza
        > garzapi@...

      • Joe Walker
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 22, 2012
          There was a big big piece on KFI Radio on Friday about the thousands of hit an runs in the City of LA that take place--something like 40% of all accidents. It takes weeks for LAPD to investigate them, and most are never even looked into.
          Joe

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
            How did you ascertain that it was a headlight from a Dodge Dakota?

            Brian
            Glassell Park

            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
              Would this be comp or collision coverage?

              Charles Inman

            • JVegaTrio@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
                Recent cover story (hit & runs) in the L.A. Weekly, too.

                Cheers,
                JV

                Juan Vega

                In a message dated 12/23/2012 8:37:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                joe_walker_2000@... writes:

                There was a big big piece on KFI Radio on Friday about the thousands of
                hit an runs in the City of LA that take place--something like 40% of all
                accidents. It takes weeks for LAPD to investigate them, and most are never even
                looked into.

                Joe

                ._,_.___
              • monique gaudry
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
                  I am confused.  How do you know it was a Dakota truck if you don't know the time of the accident?

                  monique
                  ________________________________
                  From: Charles Inman <ChasInman@...>

                  Would this be comp or collision coverage?

                  Charles Inman

                  Put in the claims. If you have collision coverage, let your auto insurance company pay for your damage. If you think the amount is under your deductible have your auto insurance company write you an estimate.

                  Susan

                  --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "AngelicaG" <garzapi@...> wrote:

                  > Please be on the look out for a Chrysler/Dodge Dakota truck with front right headlight/bumper damage and rear bumper damage. If you see one, please contact me immediately. I am trying to find the driver who hit my car leaving significant damage and no note.
                  >
                  > The hit and run happened in the early morning on Friday morning, December 21, 2012 between 1:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. The Dakota truck smashed my Honda's rear driver side corner, while it was parked in front of my house on Glenalbyn/Camino Real. The Dakota truck struck my neighbor's parked Ford Escape in the rear bumper as well.
                  >
                  > No note was left. However, a fragment of a shattered Chrysler Dakota right head light was found at the scene.
                  >
                  > Any help would be appreciated.
                  >
                  > Angelica Garza
                  > garzapi@...

                • Bob Bailey
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
                    Charles it doesn't matter just put the claim in let your insurance deal
                    with it. That's what you pay insurance for.
                    RWB
                    On 12/23/12 9:43 AM, Charles Inman wrote:

                    > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                    >
                    > Charles Inman

                  • Brett
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
                      Not making any assumptions about how much insurance you have.I have a friend who is a genius at accident repair and will help. He will fix it for free.
                      Brett

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Dec 23, 2012, at 4:10 PM, monique gaudry <moniqueg42@...> wrote:

                      > I am confused. How do you know it was a Dakota truck if you don't know the time of the accident?
                      >
                      > monique
                      > ________________________________
                      > From: Charles Inman <ChasInman@...>
                      >
                      > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                      >
                      > Charles Inman

                    • AngelicaG
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 23, 2012
                        I am making an educated guess a Dakota truck hit my Honda based on the vehicle fragments left on the street. I found a small black flat piece of plastic which by complete and utter luck had a label with the following printed on it: "automotive lighting 12.0v," a large letter "R," a Chrysler symbol, the label "Dakota RH," miscellaneous numbers and a bar code. I also found other fragments that do not match the Honda.

                        It is possible and likely that the truck drove into my car with their passenger (right) headlight making impact on my car's rear driver's side taillight. That entire corner of my Honda was destroyed.

                        Again, I am only making an educated guess and I am hoping to find the driver in order to avoid paying the $500 deductible. Unless I can identify the other driver, I will not be fully covered for uninsured motorist as per the insurance policy.

                        I was inspired to make this post in the first place by the story in The Weekly. I haven't called any Dodge or Chrysler dealers to see if "my Dakota truck is ready," because a Dakota is not quite as specific to pinpoint as a brand new Jaguar.

                        In any case, any info you might have is appreciated. One neighbor emailed me to let me know that she happened upon all the debris while walking her dog before 7:00 a.m. She moved a lot of the fragments out of the street because cars were driving over it.

                        Angelica
                        --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Bob Bailey <n6yvy@...> wrote:

                        > Charles it doesn't matter just put the claim in let your insurance deal
                        > with it. That's what you pay insurance for.
                        > RWB
                        > On 12/23/12 9:43 AM, Charles Inman wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                        > >
                        > > Charles Inman

                      • Brian Frobisher
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 24, 2012
                          Good detective work...

                          Hope you find the guy..

                          Just a wild thought, but possibly LATIMES delivery truck? That is about the
                          time they are out cruising, I know, long shot but hey.

                          Also, I doubt if you even find them you would not have to pay your
                          deductible until at least the smoke clears etc.

                          Brian

                          Glassell Park

                          _____

                          --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:nelalist%40yahoogroups.com> , Bob
                          Bailey <n6yvy@...> wrote:

                          > Charles it doesn't matter just put the claim in let your insurance deal
                          > with it. That's what you pay insurance for.
                          > RWB
                          > On 12/23/12 9:43 AM, Charles Inman wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                          > >
                          > > Charles Inman

                        • AngelicaG
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 24, 2012
                            Brett,

                            Thanks so much. Insurance will cover all but $500, but I still want to know who your guy is for a different car. Good to hear from you. Hope you're having a good holiday. Talk soon.

                            Angelica

                            --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Brett <brettgoldstone@...> wrote:

                            > Not making any assumptions about how much insurance you have.I have a friend who is a genius at accident repair and will help. He will fix it for free.
                            > Brett
                            >
                            > Sent from my iPhone
                            >
                            > On Dec 23, 2012, at 4:10 PM, monique gaudry <moniqueg42@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > I am confused. How do you know it was a Dakota truck if you don't know the time of the accident?
                            > >
                            > > monique
                            > > ________________________________
                            > > From: Charles Inman <ChasInman@...>
                            > >
                            > > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                            > >
                            > > Charles Inman

                          • car2532002
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 25, 2012
                              Hit and run is collision.

                              Susan

                              --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Charles Inman <ChasInman@...> wrote:

                              > Would this be comp or collision coverage?
                              >

                              > Charles Inman

                            • john garcia
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 25, 2012
                                the dakota truck has a dodge badge on it not chrysler, such as dodge dakota.

                                JOhn garcia
                              • car2532002
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 25, 2012
                                  Warning - Do not fix your car UNTIL your auto insurance company writes you an estimate for the damage and takes photos.

                                  If you fix your car without your auto insurance company doing an estimate and taking photos and you find the person later on you are out of luck in getting any help from your auto insurance company. You MUST get an estimate and photos done from your auto insurance company BEFORE you fix it. And, if the damage is over your deductible, take the check, no matter how small. If you find the other party later you will get your deductible back as long as you had your auto insurance company write you an estimate and take photos BEFORE you fix your car. Otherwise, your out of luck.

                                  Susan
                                • Angelica Garza
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 26, 2012
                                    Dodge is a division of Chrysler. Found another fragment; it was a white Dakota.

                                    Yes, it is being handled as a collision. Thanks for the insurance advice.

                                    Angelica Garza
                                    PI 21015
                                    323-221-8409 office
                                    323-353-7246 cell
                                    garzapi@...

                                  • AngelicaG
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Dec 26, 2012
                                      Yup, still thought I'd give finding the other person a try.

                                      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher" <froby@...> wrote:

                                      > Good detective work...
                                      >

                                      > Hope you find the guy..
                                      >

                                      > Just a wild thought, but possibly LATIMES delivery truck? That is about the
                                      > time they are out cruising, I know, long shot but hey.
                                      >

                                      > Also, I doubt if you even find them you would not have to pay your
                                      > deductible until at least the smoke clears etc.
                                      >

                                      > Brian
                                      >
                                      > Glassell Park
                                      >

                                      > _____

                                    • car2532002
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Dec 30, 2012
                                        Your welcome. I have been serious mistakes made. It pays to have a good insurance agent with a good company. Sometimes you do get what you pay for, steak or hamberger.

                                        Then sometimes you get lucky by posting an issues and getting an expert. Hope you find the truck. I drive around a lot and was looking out for it but never found it. Good Luck.

                                        Susan