MWPTA New Blog Posts

  • Christopher Howard
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      Mt. Washington Elementary PTA

      MWPTA New Blog Posts

      Link to Mt. Washington Elementary PTA

      Shop Amazon to Earn Money for MWES

      Want to avoid lines and earn money for Mt. Washington Elementary School? You can do both by doing your holiday shopping using AMAZON SchoolRewards which gives Mt. Washington Elementary School 10% back from EVERY purchase! Just use the following link: Mt. Washington Amazon Page

      Coffee with the Principal will be on Monday, December 10th in the Parent Center

      Join Mrs. Valentino for coffee this Monday, December 10th in the Parent Center immediately following the morning assembly.  This is your chance to hear directly from her what is going on at our school and to ask questions and have discussions in an informal setting.

      Our Fresh & Easy Shop for Schools is this Wednesday, 12/12/2012 from 4:00pm-8:00pm

      Our total fundraising to date is $2,344.  Our school has a chance to drive this amount up, up & up.  Our Shop Night is this Wednesday, 12/12/12 between 4pm and 8pm.  We will be collecting receipts from patrons and bagging groceries and earning 5% on all sales in the store.  So bring your brothers, your sisters, your neighbors and anyone else you can think of to shop at our local Fresh & Easy.  Last year we raised $971 at our Shop Night, this year let's try for $1,500. But we can only do it with your help.  We will have coupons to pass out to our parents & patrons and the best attended class, wins a Fresh & Easy party.

      Plus Fresh & Easy is fully stocked up on the following gift cards:  Starbucks, Macys, ToysRUs, JC Penney, Barns & Noble's, Home Depot, Kohls, iTunes, Best Buy, Red Lobster, PF Changs and many, many, more. Gift cards count towards our fundraising, so make sure you turn in your receipt.

      Winter Wonderland is this Friday, December 14th, 2012

      The MWES chorus will perform! Food will be served!  Home Alone 2 will be shown!  A wonderful way to end the week and start the holiday vacation!  Bring family, friends, neighbors.  Be on the lookout for more information...

      TOYS FOR TOTS – Reminder to drop off your new, unwrapped toys by December 14, 2012

      The TOYS FOR TOTS program sponsored by the United States Marine Corps collects new, unwrapped toys during each holiday season to help less fortunate children throughout America.  Starting December 3rd thru December 14th be sure to bring joy, and a message of hope, by donating any new, unwrapped toy during this  Holiday Drive as a gift for needy children in our communities.  Please drop off your new, unwrapped toy in the TOYS FOR TOTS box located in each classroom.  The classroom donating the most toys will win a cupcake party!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Mari Mejorado, Chair at mejorado@....

      New After School Enrichment Classes are Coming

      Be on the lookout for sign up flyers for the enrichment classes starting up after winter break.
      1. Intro to Conversational Spanish 2nd Session.  New and returning students are welcome.  Classes will be on Tuesdays, starting January 15, 2013 and ending March 19, 2013.  Class times are: Grade K-1: 1:45-2:15 and grades 2-6: 2:30-3:00.  The 10 week session is $100.  For more information please see the Spanish Flyer.
      2. Maya-ya Dance and Wings.  Classes will be on Fridays, starting January 11, 2013 and ending March 8, 2013 (no class on February 15th).  More information will be coming so be sure to watch your child’s backpack for the flyer.
      In addition, new enrichment classes will be starting up after winter break:
      1. In February, Eagle Rock Center for the Arts will be bringing the very anticipated Clay Hand Building class to Mount Washington Elementary School on Mondays.
      2. Wednesdays in the new year will see the return of Barbara Sultan teaching the popular Sketching for Fashion Design.
      More information on these classes and others will be forthcoming.

      PTA Thank Yous!

      The PTA wants to give a great big thank you to Kathy Takarabe for bringing us such insight and laughter during the parent workshop on Re-Inventing the Holidays.