Please Join Us This Upcoming Second Saturday

  • Kathy gallegos
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012

      Benefit Art Auction
      Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 7-10 pm
      in The Annex Gallery

      Avenue 50 Studio's Benefit Art Auction
      Saturday, December 8, 2012

      7-10 pm   Wine, refreshments, and Silent Auction

      Avenue 50 Studio, Inc.
      a 501(c)(3) non-profit art gallery
      131 North Avenue 50
      Los Angeles, CA  90042
      323/258-1435

      www.avenue50studio.com

      To place a phone bid, please contact
      Kathy Gallegos at 323/258-1435 or ave50studio@...

      Our year-end fundraiser, 8" x 8" Square will take place in our Annex Gallery.  Auction proceeds will be used to help fund the renovation of one of our gallery's walls.  We will also be sharing a portion of the proceeds wiith participating artists.

      Participating Artists Include:

      Linda Arreola, Lili Bernard, Joe Bravo, Billy Burgos, Carol Colin, Art Carillo, Martin Charlot, Raoul De la Sota  Kikki Eder, Ricardo Estrada, Gwen Freeman, Margaret Garcia, David Glynn, Pat Gomez, Yolanda Gonzalez, Mark Greenfield, Rebeca Guerrero, Tina Gulotta-Miller, Frank Gutierrez, Cid Hart, Kevin Hass, Sergio Hernandez, Peter Hess, Heather Hogan, Victor Horcasitas, Amy Inouye, Lindsley Lambert, Leo Limon, Jose Lopes, Pola Lopez, Jose Lozano, Heriberto Luna, Oscar Magallanes, Poli Marichal, Jesus Molina Garcia, Andres Montoya, Toti O’Brien, Pat Payne, Ester Petschar, CCH Pounder, Jose Ramirez, Ramon Ramirez, Bobby Rojas, Nancy Romero, Armando Rosete, Suzanne Siegel, Roderick Smith, Gregg Stone, Melly Trochez, Hector Velez, J Michael Walker, Lamont Westmoreland, Wendell Wiggins, Howard Zwerdloff

      About the Avenue 50 Studio:

      Avenue 50 Studio is an arts presentation organization grounded in Latin@ Chican@ culture. Our monthly shows principally exhibit artists of color who display a high quality of work, and who have not been represented in mainstream galleries. We seek to build bridges of cultural understanding through artistic expressions. Using content-driven art to educate and to stimulate intercultural understanding, we build relationships and collaborations with artists and communities. Our twelve year track record of over 300 shows in the Northeast LA area has ranged from international exchange exhibits to presenting Asian and African American artists in a largely Latino community. The art openings are a testament to the mix of cultures, national origins, and races that make up metro LA and our Highland Park neighborhood. We feel the showing of multicultural arts on a monthly basis in a working class community can go a long way in educating people to the importance of diverse art in our lives. Along with this, Avenue 50 Studio is a center for cultural activities with workshops in art, spoken word and other creative forms of expression. Our community gathers around the exhibits and poetry readings. We are constantly evolving and our goal is to continue the exhibition and spoken word presentations.

      In the main gallery:

      The Power of Movement
      Student Curators Explore the Enduring Legacy of Chican@ Art

      Organized by Sybil Venegas, Professor, Chicana/o Studies Department, East Los Angeles College

      Laura Aguilar
      Abel Alejandre
      David Botello
      Joe Bravo
      Yreina Cervantez
      Ofelia Esparza
      Daniel Gonzalez
      Alma Lopez

      Special thanks to East Los Angeles College President, Farley Herzek for his generous support

      Saturday, December 8, 2012, 7-10 pm

      Wine and refreshments

      Avenue 50 Studio, Inc.
      a 501(c)(3) non-profit art gallery
      131 North Avenue 50
      Los Angeles, CA  90042
      323/258-1435

      www.avenue50studio.com

      Avenue 50 Studio is supported in part by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission; the California Community Foundation; the Department of Cultural Affairs; the California Council for the Humanities; and The James Irvine Foundation