Glassell Park NC Executive Committee Mtg 12/4/2012

  • Brian Frobisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2012
      GLASSELL PARK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
      EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
      MEETING
      Tuesday December 4, 2012 7pm – 8pm
      Glassell Park Community & Senior Center
      3750 N. Verdugo Road
      Los Angeles, CA 90065

      1. Welcome And Introductions (7:00pm)
      2. Official/Public Comment (Non-Agenda Items) (2 Min. Max.)
      A. Agenda Items to Discuss/Consider/Take Action Upon (7:10pm)
      (Agenda items may be subject to a motion /action by a simple majority of the Committee Members Present. at this meeting. All
      Correspondence is available to the public upon written request)
      1. *Agenda Items to Discuss/Consider for Tuesday December 18, 2012 GCS Meeting. (7:30pm)
      2 New Community Activities/New Business & Developments/Issues and/or Concerns. (7:45pm)
      B. Adjourn (8:00pm)
      *
      The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the
      public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda
      that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. The timelines indicated are for the purposes of moving
      agenda items along only and do not constitute official times to discuss and/or take actions on items presented. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker,
      unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review at Super A Foods Store 2925 Division Street, Glassell Park Post Office
      3950 Eagle Rock Blvd., Out Of The Closet 2425 N. San Fernando Road, Public Storage 3810 Eagle Rock Blvd., and Glassell Park Recreation Center 3650
      Verdugo Road. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability
      and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive
      listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. "In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt
      writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board members in advance of a meeting may be viewed at the Glassell Park Neighborhood Council
      Constituent Service Center located at 3750 N. Verdugo Road (in back of the Public Storage Bldg) or visiting our website by clicking on the following link:
      www.glassellparknc.org at an upcoming scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the
      GPNC Office Manager, Art Camarillo at (323) 256-4762 or 256-GPNC or GPNC41@.... To ensure availability of services, please make your
      request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the GPNC Office Manager or Board Members separately

    • Brian Frobisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1 3:57 PM

        Forwarded on behalf of Maggie Darett-Quiroz of Glassell Park

        Dear GPIA Members,

        It's the time of year to unite and participate in our 5th annual tree lighting event.

        This year's Tree Lighting Ceremony will surely be yet another wonderful evening, filled with the joy of the Season. As always, children’s’ choirs and performances, from our various local schools, special dignitaries, and, of course, Santa Claus ,himself, arriving via the Los Angeles Fire Department, will all be in attendance.

        In the median of Eagle Rock Blvd , across from the Rite Aid parking lot, located at 4044 Eagle Rock Blvd  on Sunday, December 9th, 2012 starting at 5pm.

        For the Winter Holidays, the Tree is decorated with strings of holiday lights, bringing forth the holiday spirit.

        For the last four years, the community has come together to herald in the Winter Holiday Season, by lighting our tree to the carols and cheers joyful spectators. While engaging in the festivities, feel free to enjoy a delicious hot chocolate and a big happy face cookie.

        As always, children’s’ choirs, and performances from our various local schools, special dignitaries ,and ,of course, Santa Claus ,himself, will usher in the lighting of the tree.

        Once again we hope you can participate in our annual tree lighting event. Come and partake in the festivities, while sharing your holiday spirit.

        Best,

        Maggie Darett-Quiroz

        Event Coordinator

        323-788-1323