Eagle Rock NC meetings next week, 12/4
- Hello there,
The next Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council (ERNC) board meeting will be on Tuesday Dec. 4. Following is the agenda. Hope to see you there!
EAGLE ROCK NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
REGULAR FULL BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 • 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Eagle Rock City Hall, 2035 Colorado Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90041
Call to Order - Presiding Officer
Welcome announcement to the public, note the procedures that will be followed during the meeting.
Minutes of Previous Meeting(s): Review and Approval
President's report, Public Safety report, Land Use report, and Treasurer's report (to include a summary of
current funding procedures)
Updates from City Council, CD-14, State Assembly, and other elected officials.
PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS
1. Discussion - Presentation from Sarah Lieving on a proposed community trash pick-up on MLK day.
2. Discussion/Action - Reconsider $4900 funding request for The Eagle Rock Association (TERA) on
behalf of Take Back the Boulevard (TBTB), which was rejected by the Department of Neighborhood
Empowerment, with a presentation from one or more members of the TERA/TBTB board.
3. Discussion/Action - History of the "Eagle Node" security camera and wifi system, with discussion
of providing free wifi along Colorado Boulevard, as per its original intent.
4. Discussion/Action - Report from the ad hoc Bylaws committee, and results of meeting with
Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE). Vote on proposed changes to ERNC bylaws,
subject to DONE approval.
5. Discussion/Action - Nominate and elect the Finance Committee, which will re-evaluate ERNC
funding procedures, with an eye toward streamlining the process of receiving and disbursing funds,
establishing deadlines, and making applications more informative and vendors more accountable.
6. Discussion/Action - Nominate and elect one or two representatives to a proposed East Planning
Region group of Neighborhood Councils, as suggested by Commissioner Paul Park.
7. Discussion/Action - Discuss hosting an L.A. Mayoral Candidates' Forum, to be run in collaboration
with other members of the East Planning Region of Neighborhood Councils.
8. Discussion/Action - Proposed purchase of more tables for ERNC meetings at City Hall, to
accommodate Board members and guests. Discussion of entering into a contract with local vendor to
provide refreshments at meetings.
9. Discussion/Action - Re-schedule the next Executive Committee and Board meetings, which fall on
Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council
Vice President and Sub District 8 Director
posted by c howard