Updates from School of Self-reliance

  • Christopher Nyerges
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2011
      Hello Friend:

      Here we are again practically at year’s end.  Here are some updates for your
      consideration:

      ROAD KILL BILL
      Many of you may remember “Road Kill Bill,” the wild ranting man who lived in
      Hahamongna Park, and occasionally would approach us as we had our classes
      there.  He was found dead in the park on Oct. 12 or 13.  I’ll miss him.  I
      posted a story about him on my Blog at www.ChristopherNyerges.com, along with a
      poem I once wrote about him.  Additionally, I did a podcast about him which will
      air on October 27 on Preparedness Radio Network.  Bill must have had a hard
      life. As far as I can tell, he lived out there for the past 30 years!  Rest in
      peace my friend!

      GIFT CERTIFICATES
      Remember, you can buy Gift Certificates for our classes for friends and family
      members, and pay 10% off the face value.  We then mail (or email) you the
      certificates.

      DISCOUNTS
      If you go to our Store at www.ChristopherNyerges.com, you’ll see some of our
      discounts if you buy several items.  Also, for every purchase of $75 or more,
      you will receive a free DVD of your choice.  The purchase can be made via mail,
      phone, email, or paypal, and you should then let us know which DVD you want.

      OTHER PODCASTS
      You can go to Preparedness Radio Network, search for “christopher nyerges” and
      see a listing of my archived shows.  Here is a link to a recent show when Urban
      Nature Girl Helen and Christopher explore the desert town of Nipton, CA.

      http://www.blogtalkradio.com/doctorprepper/2011/10/14/weekly-report-with-christopher-nyerges-1

      SCHEDULE
      We’ve updated the Schedule of outdoor classes through the end of the year, and
      will add 2012 classes soon.  See Schedule at www.ChristopherNyerges.com
      Holiday and Spiritual Studies events can be seen there too, but if you’re
      interested in the WTI events, go to www.wtinc.info.

      FLORIAN CLIPPERS
      We now sell the quality Florian ratchet clippers that Christopher uses all the
      time on the outings.  These are not the cheap knock-offs, but hand clippers that
      will last years.  They are $30 each.  These are not yet on the web site.  If you
      order now via email, we will pay the postage.

      YOUTUBE
      There are a few new YouTube videos you might enjoy.  Go to YouTube, search for
      “Christopher Nyerges,” and you will find a short segment of the program Dolores
      and I did with Huell Howser for KCET.  To see some of my work with the X Show on
      Fox TV, look for “Ice Fishing” and “Making Fire from an Auto Headlamp.”

      See you on the Trail!  Christopher
    • Christopher Nyerges
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2012

        UPDATES FROM THE SCHOOL OF SELF-RELIANCE – Oct 2012

        RAIN AND COOLER WEATHER

        Now that it looks like fall and rain has fallen, we’ll start to see lots of wild greens popping up.  We’ll do our best to continue weekend classes, and some mid-week classes.  Also remember, we are available to come to your school, scouting group, library, church, neighborhood group, etc. and share the principles of self-reliance.

        ORIENTEERING

        This weekend learn about Orienteering – using a map and compass. Go to Schedule at www.ChristopherNyerges.com to learn more.

        CLASSES AND OUTING

        Check out the DEAL for outings where you can save money.  Sign up for three classes but pay for only two!  The schedule of the School of Self-reliance’s classes and outings can be seen at Schedule at www.ChristopherNyerges.com. New classes are regularly added, on the subjects of identifying and using wild foods, with themes on weaponry, fire-making, survival packs, and more.

        WANT YOUR WILD PLANTS IDENTIFIED?

        Bring your wild plants to either of the Farmers Markets managed by Nyerges and have them identified at no charge.  On Tuesday, he is at the Highland Park Old L.A. F.M. at Figueroa and Avenue 58 from 3 to 8 p.m., and on Thursday, he is at the Glendale Farmers Market on Brand between Wilson and Broadway from 9:30 am to 1:30 p.m.

        WTI Events

        There will be events for Halloween at the WTI site in Highland Park.  Also there is an every Sunday discussion-presentation at their outdoor amphitheatre at 5835 Burwood Ave. See their site at www.wtinc.info.

        BACKCOPIES OF WILDERNESS WAY?

        We’ll soon be able to sell you back issues of Wilderness Way on pdf for you to download and print if you wish. You can contact us about this, or just watch the Store at www.ChristopherNyerges.com.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2013

          SCHOOL OF SELF-RELIANCE UPDATES,

          July 2013

           First, relax, click on our Link at www.ChristopherNyerges.com and listen to Nat King Cole sing Nature Boy!

          As always, you are welcome to send questions our way.  Remember, we offer classes to your School, Church, or group. And we offer Consultations as well.

          POPULAR VIDEO
          After we attended the Self-Reliance in Expo, we found that our most popular items were Christopher’s “Testing Your Outdoor Survival Skills” and “How To Survive Anywhere” books, the video of Huell Howser where he interviewed the Nyerges’ collecting wild food in downtown Los Angeles, and our big surprise was the popularity of our Wild Food Seed Kits!  These can now be found on our web site.

          WILD SEEDS

          We’ve recently added a “Wild Food Growing Kit” to our website store. Check it out. You get some easy-to-grow wild seeds and instructions for less than you’d pay for the tip at a restaurant.  Go to Store at www.ChristopherNyerges.com

          SCHOOL OF SELF-RELIANCE T-SHIRTS

          We’ve finally got some of our own T-Shirts, with our logo and quote.  100% cotton, and reasonably priced. Check them out at our Store.

          UPDATED CLASSES

          We’ve added some new classes to our Schedule at  www.ChristopherNyerges.com.  More dates will be added periodically, such as some Wednesday outings for those of you who are free during a weekday.  Our bow-making class was very popular. We’ll have more in the upcoming months.

          STORE DEAL

          Through August, here is a special that recipients of this email  can take advantage of:   For any order over $50, you will get a free copy of “Extreme Simplicity: Homesteading in the  City.”  Be sure to mention it when you place your order.

          BLOG

          We hope you enjoy the Blogs that are posted more or less weekly.  If you have comments, please sign up and add your comments.

          SUNDAY MORNINGS

          We have ongoing Sunday Spiritual Studies sessions in Highland Park, every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.  See www.wtinc.info for details, and subject matter.

          FARMERS MARKETS
          Have your wild plants identified for free at the Glendale Farmers Market, every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., on Brand Blvd. between Broadway and Wilson.  https://www.facebook.com/GlendaleCertifiedFarmersMarket.

          Also visit the Old L.A Farmers Market in  Highland Park, on Avenue 58 at Figueroa. Here is the link to their Facebook page.

          See you on the trail!