Finally! A New Hermon Grocery Store!

  • Mark Legassie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      The Highland Park-MountWashington Patch online news service published the following article on Hermon's new Fresco Community Market, which opens on Thursday Jan 6th:

      Highland Park residents will soon have a new "community market" to choose from for their grocery shopping.

      Fresco Community Market, located at 5914 Monterey Road in nearby Hermon, will open its doors Thursday, January 6.

      The new market is less than a minute outside of Highlad Park, and can actually be seen from Avenue 60 while driving toward the neighborhood of Hermon.

      The store will offer "a combination of conventional foods and some natural and organic groceries," said Gary Orona, the store's manager.

      The market will also sell meats, produce and baked goods and will feature a kitchen which will offer ready to eat meals prepared by a Le Cordon Bleu Academy trained chef, Orona said.

      more...
      http://highlandpark-ca.patch.com/articles/new-grocery-store-coming-to-hermon?ncid=M255

      I am delighted that the store is no longer empty, and I bet many other locals feel the same way...

      Mark