Glassell Park NC Stakeholder Meeting, July 21

  • james33h
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2009
      7pm - GP Community Center

      1. Welcome and Introductions (7:00pm)

      2. Acceptance/Review of. GCS Mtg. Minutes for Sept. 16/08, Oct. 21/08, Nov. 18.08, Dec. 16/08 and April, 21/09, May 5/09, May 19/09, and June 23/09 (if provided)

      3. Official/Public Comment (Non-Agenda Items) (2 Min. Max.)

      A. Agenda Items to Discuss/Consider/Take Action Upon (7:30pm)
      (Agenda items may be subject to a motion /action by a simple majority of the Board Quorum Present. at this meeting. All Correspondence is available to the public upon written request)

      1. Consideration/Acceptance of Tony Butka's Resignation as Chair/EXEC. Position per Letter dated, July,7, 2009, Bradley

      2. Acceptance of vacant EXEC. Bd. Seat of Chair to Vice-Chairperson, Bradley as Interim Chair, Jim Heubach.

      3. Accept Nominations for EXEC.Bd. Seat of Vice-Chairperson in "Interim" capacity." , Jim Heubach

      4. Report and Recommendations from Treasurer, Maggie Darett-Quiroz

      5. Recommend/Consider for Approval "Request to Purchase Office Supplies" by Officer Mgr., Art Camarillo

      6. Consideration/Acceptance of Brian Fitzburgh Resignation dated May 18, 2009 as Business Rep, Bradley

      7. Consider Nominations for Business Representative Seat vacated by Brian Fitzburgh, Bradley

      8. Consider Removal of vacated seat of Mark Quiroz, Other Representative as per By-Laws Sect. F2, Bradley

      9. Consider Nominations for Other Representative seat vacated by Mark Quiroz, Bradley

      10. Discuss/Consider/Take Action on Grievance(s)/Complaint(s) Procedures per By-Law Article IX Re:

      a. Grievance dated 04/23/09 Re: By-Law Violations by Tony Butka, GPNC Chair –Aggrieved Party: Bradley; and

      b. Grievance dated 04/23/09 Re: By-Law Violations by Paula Bagasao, Board Mbr. Aggrieved Party: Bradley; and

      c. Grievance dated 06/09/09 Re: Violation of Article VIII by GPNC Board – Aggrieved Party: Brian Frobisher

      11. Area Representative Updates:

      a. Area 1, Bradley

      b. Area 2, Maggie Darret-Quiroz

      c. Area 3, Alma Esquivel

      d. Area 4, Jesse Medina

      d. Area 5, Joseph Elkins

      f. Area 6, Brian Kinney

      e. Area 7, Gladys Pinto-Muñoz

      12. Motion to approve Board Mbr. Assignments per Standing Rules as per Sign-In-Sheet dated May 19, 2009, Bradley

      13. Motion to forward all Committee Business/Documentation/Developments to every Bd.Mbr. &Alternates, Paula Bagasao

      14. Committee/Ad Hoc Committee Updates

      a.Economic Development and Land Use Committee, Tony Butka

      b.Grants and Funding Ad Hoc Committee, Maggie Darett-Quiroz

      (1) Update on Pending or/Unpaid Demand Warrants (if any)

      (2) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($1,000) "Veteran's Day Parade Event."

      (3) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($4,000) for "Tree Lighting Project."

      (4) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($1,500) for "Winter Festival Event."

      (5) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($3,500) for "Non-Violence Education & Training."

      (6) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($3,500) for "Delevan Drive Elementary School PTA."

      (7) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($3,000) for "Girls Youth Softball League Program."

      (8) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($5,000) for American Legion Improvement Project."

      (9) Recommendations/Request for Funding ($2,000) for "GP Pool Christian Center Project."

      (10) Recommendations/Request for Funding (2,200) for "Washington-Irving MS Project,"

      c. By-Law Committee, Jim Heubach

      d. Budget and Finance Committee, George Smith

      e. Outreach and Communications Ad-Hoc Committee, Bradley

      f. Education Ad Hoc Committee, Paula Bagasao

      g. Public Safety Ad Hoc Committee, (Not Assigned)

      h. Transportation Ad Hoc Committee, Brian Kinney

      i. Legislative Ad Hoc Committee, Paula Bagasao

      j. Website Ad-Hoc Committee, Brian Kinney

      k. Veteran's Memorial Ad Hoc Committee, Maggie Darett

      15. Business Representative Updates

      16. Organizational Representative Updates

      B. Announcements/Public Comments (8:45pm)

      1. GPNC EXEC. Board Meeting Tuesday August 4, 2009 at 7pm

      2. GPNC GCS / Board Meeting Tuesday August 18, 2009 at 7

      C. New Community Activities/New Business & Developments/Issues and/or Concerns (8:55pm)

      1 Saving LA Project GPC/SC, Saturday July 19, 2009

      2 NOE Area Senior Lead Officer Summit at Dodger's Stadium, Wednesday July 29, 2009 at 6:30pm

      3. National Health Care Forum, Monday August 10, 2009

      4/ Media Center Charter School Forum October/November 2009

      5. LAUSD Forum

      6. State Park Forum

      D. Adjourn (9:00pm)

      - james posted this to nelalist
    • Brian Frobisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2009
        Delevan Elementary School is NOT IN GLASSELL PARK'S NC boundries.

        I recall an early "Dust-up" when Bradley held preliminary meetings there before the GPNC even existed. People were concerned holding meetings out of the Glassell Park area.

        The boundry map on the GPNC websit clearly shows that Delevan is not in GPNC boundries, so I would say no funding should be sent there from GPNC funds.

        http://glassellparknc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=10

        Brian Frobisher
        Glassell Park

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2009
             As a Neighborhood Council Board Member in another community, I have read the concerns here and will give my opnion on how this can be addressed.
             1) Does the school provide services (accept children from GPNC) and educate the children as stake holder evenly?
             2) Even if the school is outside the boundaries, it may qualify for funding.
             3) Funding should be used in the district boundaries as much a possible.
             4) Is the other NC in which the School fall into, providing funding?

          Consider the information above.

          Rose Hills Review,
          Anthony Manzano

          Delevan Elementary School is NOT IN GLASSELL PARK'S NC boundries.

          I recall an early "Dust-up" when Bradley held preliminary meetings there before the GPNC even existed. People were concerned holding meetings out of the Glassell Park area.

          The boundry map on the GPNC websit clearly shows that Delevan is not in GPNC boundries, so I would say no funding should be sent there from GPNC funds.

          http://glassellpark nc.com/index. php?option= com_content& task=view& id=9&Itemid= 10

          Brian Frobisher
          Glassell Park

          > (6) Recommendations/ Request for Funding ($3,500) for "Delevan Drive Elementary School PTA."
          >

          >- james posted this to nelalist
        • ruby devera