38281Please join us this Upcoming NELA Second Saturday

  • Kathy gallegos
    Jul 8, 2014
      cropped-2-2

      invites you to our

      Opening Night Reception

      Saturday, July 12th 7pm-10pm

      spitze-york-avenue-50-saturday-night  1
      "York Avenue" Kevin Spitze

      Highland Park Painted:

      The Mt. Washington Plein Air Painters

      Featuring:
      Diane Behrens | Jose de Juan | Ann Dudrow | Kevin Spitze
      Richard Willson | Chris Zambon
      "At the turn of the century, most "serious" artists in America were trained in Europe. French Impressionist painters at the time preferred to work en plein air, meaning "in open air," which took the practice of painting outdoors, using natural light. When artists returned home to America the artistic styles and techniques they brought back with them often took on novel forms. This was certainly the case when European-schooled artists migrated to Los Angeles and found a city in close proximity to deserts, beaches, chaparral and snow capped mountains -- ideal settings for development of the California Plein Air movement." - KCET Departures
      We're proud to feature the work of our local Mt. Washington Plein Air painters whom, through their work in this exhibit, have captured the light of our beloved hometown; Highland Park.
      ***
      and the Annex Gallery Presents
      torylin inediblefood
      Inedible Food, Tory Lin

      Tory Lin

      Art in Various Forms

      "My sculptures and writings are interconnected. I start out by writing strange nonsensical stories that goes on to inspire a visual sculptural piece that is meant to bridge the imaginary world and the real world. I am always looking for a new way to break the boundaries of art making and explore the blurred lines between existing art genres, and by working in multiple forms helps me expand as an artist.” - Tory Lin

      Opening Night Reception

      Saturday, July 12th 7pm-10pm

      Exhibits run: July 12 through August 2 2014

      ***
      281743 10150406079353989 514572 n
      Avenue 50 Studio, Inc.
      a 501(c)(3) non-profit art gallery
      131 North Avenue 50
      Highland Park, Ca 90042
      (323) 258-1435
      Avenue 50 Studio is supported in part by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission; the California Community Foundation; and the Department of Cultural Affairs
      Avenue 50 Studio is a proud participant in Northeast LA’s Second Saturday Gallery Night. For a map of all sites, please visit, www.nelaart.com