      From: Rebecca Prine <piratebec@...>
      Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2014
      Subject: NELA Homelessness: Get Involved!

      Good evening friends and supporters of Recycled Resources for the Homeless,

      Welcome those of you who have joined us in the past and an enthusiastic new welcome to those of you who are interested in getting involved.

      The goal of Recycled Resources for the Homeless is to improve the lives of our homeless neighbors and to support putting an end to chronic homelessness in our NELA community.

      In the next 30 days we have two activities and we are hoping you can join us as we work toward improving lives.

      Saturday July 12th
      Recycled Resources Hosts Monthly Outreach & Engagement
      10AM-2PM
      Meet at 715 Nolden Street Highland Park 90042
      This event is great to attend if you would like to be directly involved in working with our homeless neighbors. The event entails volunteers forming groups and going out into our community, distributing hygiene lunches and clothing to our homeless neighbors and providing support and resources to them. This work is important as it allows us to gather vital information needed to advocate for local resources as well as letting our homeless neighbors know people care about them. More information can be found on our website. If you plan to attend PLEASE RSVP!

      Tuesday August 5th
      NELA Homeless Coalition Meeting
      7PM - 8:30PM
      Eagle Rock City Hall (downstairs room)
      2035 Colorado Blvd Eagle Rock 90041
      This is a monthly meeting where NELA neighbors, stakeholders, providers, leaders, businesses, and groups interested in ending chronic homelessness meet to share ideas and resources.
      This is a good event to attend if you want to be involved in addressing homelessness however may not be sure what to do or where to start or if you have concerns or suggestions about a local homeless issue.

      Also, if you haven't yet, please join both Recycled Resources for the Homeless & the NELA Homeless Coalition on Facebook to show your support and stay connected:

      As the downright HOT summer season is upon us we can use your support to ensure our homeless neighbors stay hydrated and cool in these hot months.
      Donations of water, socks, and underwear are always needed!
      If you are able to attend our outreach on Saturday, consider bringing ice bottled waters and your cooler to offer a much needed cool resource to those in need.
      Please respond to this email if you are able to join us, would like to donate something, or have any questions.
      We are a nonprofit organization and all donations are tax deductible. We operate on a zero percent profit margin and are staffed 100% by volunteers.

      In unity change IS POSSIBLE. Please help us assist our 200+ NELA homeless neighbors.

      Have a great & cool week,
      Rebecca Prine
      Director, Recycled Resources for the Homeless
      (323) 697-0001