37291Re: [nelalist] Local lawmakers doing wrong by the L.A. River - dailynews.com

  • hauntedcasa@...
    Sep 2 11:14 AM
      For once you are right Susan.  It's like this.  Can you imagine if they said the same thing about DDT or lead in paint.  We have to save the jobs in those industries?  I think not.  People do have to make adjustments in life.  If you are working in a job that is illegal then you need to switch to one that is not.  The other side of the coin is when all super market plastic bags are banned, then people will be using their reusable bags over and over.  But wait.  A lot of people won't want to wash them when they get really disgusting.  What will they do?  They will simply throw them in the trash.  The land fills will take up much more space than any plastic bag.  We use our disposable plastic bags to throw out trash.  Now we will have to buy plastic bags to throw out our trash.  Maybe we can have NASA launch all our trash out into outer space so they can become some kind of trash meteors.  It's a never ending story.

      Belen

      In a message dated 9/2/2013 10:49:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, car2532002@... writes:

       As you mentioned the reason they voted against banning plastic bags was because jobs would be lost.

      First plastic bags came in and we were told they were good because it would save trees.  Now we are told they are bad.   It all comes down to jobs.    I support buying paper bags where you have to.   Support jobs.  And, for those that want to keep using their own reusable bags, please wash them!!  Don't carry those germ filled bags to the store with you.

      Support jobs.  Buy the paper bags.