      From: car2532002
      To: nelalist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:59 AM
      Subject: [nelalist] Re: NorthEast Dems endorse Jose Gardea for CD 1

      Brian, respectfully, knowing the area is not enough.  We need to elect people that will work for our area.

      In CD 13 Mitch is running for City Council.  He works hard.  He knows the area.  Everyone in the community knows him well.  He is respectful of every person regardless of who you are, rich or poor, race, or politics.  He has earned the seat he is running for.

      Jose that works for do nothing Reyes hasn't earned the seat.  People do not know him.  He has not attended neighborhood council meetings, he has not done anything to improve our area.  He works for a do nothing city councilmember and he has done nothing.  Don't vote for no way Jose.    William and Jesse Rosas are the only two that are not city hall re-run employees just looking for their next job.  They have done work for the community and for free.  It is not about a paycheck for them.  It is about putting their heart into the community and doing what is right for the community and not big developers.

      Susan

      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Frobisher"  wrote:

      > The GPIA held a candidates forum last night at the Senior Center at Public
      > Storage.
      >

      > All 4 candidates expressed their opinions on a variety of topics, nothing
      > earth shattering, but nonetheless interesting as these are all new people to
      > our area, not the "same old guy"..
      >

      > I got a chance to speak with a couple of the candidates after the meeting
      > and I was talking to Jose Gardea and I mentioned that my mother had grown up
      > on a street south of Glassell Park in Lincoln Heights, back in the 20s and
      > it had a lot of churches on it, I could not remember the street name, but he
      > rattled off "oh, Altura Drive"..I was very impressed and this also
      > reinforced the fact that he actually grew up in this area he wants to
      > represent.
      >

      > It's nice to get to talk to them up close and personal.
      >

      > Brian Frobisher
      >
      > Glassell Park.
      >

      >  _____

      <*> Your email settings: