35843Re: City, Reyes, Seek Comments on Draft LA River Recreational Zone Program

  • car2532002
    Jan 20, 2013
      Improving the river for the community is great. But not for outsiders. I do not want to see the quality of life ruined for people that live in Elysian Valley. Improve the river for the residents, not for outsiders. Outsiders will destroy the small community by bringing their trash, noise and other unwelcome things.

      Susan

      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "christo90065" wrote:

      > Susan,
      >
      > The proposal says "The pilot recreational zone program will be implemented... by the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA)..." Doesn't that means it's the MRCA rather than the City paying for the program?
      >
      > Personally, I applaud Reyes's forward thinking. Couldn't this area of the River and it's surroundings easily have remained industrialized? I think getting people down into to the River's a great advance.
      >
      > - chris
      >

      > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "car2532002" wrote:
      > >
      > > The city does not fix the streets or hire more police officers, or fix sidewalks that would take 100 years to fix or trim trees but it can afford to waste money on a project like this one?
      > >
      > > Fix the streets, sidewalks and hire more police before spending any more money on "goodies".
      > >
      > > Susan
      > >
      > > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Howard wrote:
      > > >
      > > > To authorize and execute a temporary program to allow public recreational use
      > > > of the Glendale Narrows portion of the Los Angeles River, including a pilot
      > > > boating program, from May 27th (Memorial Day) to September 2nd (Labor Day) 2013.
      > > >
      > > > The pilot recreational zone program will be implemented in accordance with the rights of the Public Trust Doctrine of the California Public Lands Commission by the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA) in partnership with the City and County of Los Angeles and US Army Corps of Engineer.
      > > >
      > > > The Program will result in the clear identification of the pilot zone area, including installation/public notification of the pertinent use regulations and Program oversight/monitoring. The goal of the Program is to provide expanded opportunities for safe public access to recreation within a designated stretch of the LA River, which is consistent with the goals and past actions of the partner agencies in pursuing LA River revitalization.
      > > >
      > > > Complete details:
      > > >
      > > > http://ens.lacity.org/councilcmte/lariver/events/lariverevents265280702_01152013.pdf
      > > >
      > > > posted to nelalist by c howard

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic