35842Re: City, Reyes, Seek Comments on Draft LA River Recreational Zone Program

  • car2532002
    Jan 20, 2013
      Those with means? Property owners can not afford more taxes.

      Councilmember Ed Reyes has not hired more officers. The city attorney's budget has been cut in half. The potholes in the street are big sinkholes. The sidewalks are broken. The trees go untrimmed.

      Your asking to ruin the quality of life for those that live in Elysian Valley. It is a very small community with very little room. You are asking to bring in more traffic, trash, noise and other garbage and dump it in their backyard. And, then all those visitors go home and the residents have to live with the garbage the visitors leave behind. Every time there is a small nice community some government figure, Councilmember Ed Reyes and councilmember Eric Garcetti, and Reyes employee "no way Jose" has to come in and ruin it. Get your dirty hand's off of Elysian Valley.

      Susan

      --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "ollinband" wrote:

      > Every major city in the world uses its river for commerical, recreational and quality of life reasons. Property values, tourism, business and the tax base all benefit from having a vitalized river- this is not a zero sum game. This is an investment that will pay off well.
      >
      > LA is that unusual city that has ignored and diminished a major asset and it's about time we get it together to put it in its rightful place in the City. The budget for police (we have hired more) and sidewalk repair is because of the reduced tax base and reluctance of those with means to pay their fair share. Not because we make investments in the development of the City.
      >
      > Nillo
      >
      > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, "car2532002" wrote:
      > >
      > > The city does not fix the streets or hire more police officers, or fix sidewalks that would take 100 years to fix or trim trees but it can afford to waste money on a project like this one?
      > >
      > > Fix the streets, sidewalks and hire more police before spending any more money on "goodies".
      > >
      > > Susan
      > >
      > > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Howard wrote:
      > > >
      > > > To authorize and execute a temporary program to allow public recreational use
      > > > of the Glendale Narrows portion of the Los Angeles River, including a pilot
      > > > boating program, from May 27th (Memorial Day) to September 2nd (Labor Day) 2013.
      > > >
      > > > The pilot recreational zone program will be implemented in accordance with the rights of the Public Trust Doctrine of the California Public Lands Commission by the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority (MRCA) in partnership with the City and County of Los Angeles and US Army Corps of Engineer.
      > > >
      > > > The Program will result in the clear identification of the pilot zone area, including installation/public notification of the pertinent use regulations and Program oversight/monitoring. The goal of the Program is to provide expanded opportunities for safe public access to recreation within a designated stretch of the LA River, which is consistent with the goals and past actions of the partner agencies in pursuing LA River revitalization.
      > > >
      > > > Complete details:
      > > >
      > > > http://ens.lacity.org/councilcmte/lariver/events/lariverevents265280702_01152013.pdf
      > > >
      > > > posted to nelalist by c howard

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic