35836Re: Greater Cypress Park NC Agenda - Marijuana shop discussion

  • Ray Bacon
    Jan 19, 2013
      Susan,

      Please forgive my cynicism, but would the pot store owner's attendance
      convince you that his customers are only "patients" in need of medication?

      Park outside any pot store during business hours for a while and see the
      types of folks who are "filling their prescriptions." The doctors who are
      used by these pot stores to refer potential customers have often written
      these "prescriptions" on a wholesale basis with little more proof than a
      claim of "migraine" headaches.

      I'm in favor of regulated decriminalization of cannibas merchandising, but
      the hypocricy currently in place which allows cannibas and drug
      paraphernalia sales in our neighborhoods would be laughable if not for the
      implied community consent.

      --Ray B

      On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM, car2532002 wrote:

      > **
      >

      > The owner of the 2 businesses should have been invited to hear the
      > community concerns. They were not.
      >
      > When I was on the board I invited the owner to attend the meeting and he
      > gave very useful information. He put to rest lies and rumors. Too bad that
      > did was not the case at this last meeting. Next time I strongly suggest to
      > invite the owners and let them defend themselves and give the truth about
      > their businesses.
      >
      > Susan
      >
      > --- In nelalist@yahoogroups.com, hauntedcasa@... wrote:
      > >
      > > The Neighborhood Council did not invite anyone. It was requested by some
      > > of the businesses for that item to be placed on the agenda.
      > >
      > > Belen
      > >

      > > In a message dated 1/16/2013 6:24:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      > > car2532002@... writes:
      > >

      > > This was one of the most attended meetings because of the discussion on
      > the
      > > medical marijuana stores. But, the owners of the 2 stores were not
      > > invited. The neighborhood council did not want them there.
      > >
      > > Susan
      > >
      > > --- In _nelalist@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:nelalist@yahoogroups.com) ,
      > > "rourk_us" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > hi, everyone,