Re: [negourdvine] SAVE THE DATE GORDERS GATHERING

  • Leah Reed
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hi Diane,

      That is wonderful that you will be able to attend.   I will be sending out an e-mail to everyone as it gets a little closer with directions.   Make sure you bring some of your pieces.  I will have micro saw available, sanding and cleaning supplies, paints and dyes etc.... for working on projects etc.... while we all chat.    My gourd prices are from .50 cents to $6.00.    I have attached a few pics of some of the ones I have available.    You are more than welcome to come before the gathering to check them out.         I am having a wonderful crop growing in the garden this year - I tell my husband it is better than x-mas gathering them in October.

      I look forward to meeting you.    Leah

      Leah Reed
      Epping, NH
      603-679-1961

      Date: Sept 29th
      Time: 10:00 - 4:00 (can't make it the whole time - no big deal come
      when you can)
      Location: Blue Whale Arts, Epping NH
      RSVP (so I can make sure I have enough chairs and drinks) -
      Leah@bluewhalearts. com or 603-679-1961

      We can do bag lunch or order out -

      I have raw gourds from last year available for sale... and this
      years crop is proofing to be my best yet.

    • Lucille
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2007

        Leah,

        Does that mean this year's crop won't be ready when we go at the end of Sept?  I would like to get a few gourds when we do go up.

        Date: Sept 29th
        Time: 10:00 - 4:00 (can't make it the whole time - no big deal come
        when you can)
        Location: Blue Whale Arts, Epping NH
        RSVP (so I can make sure I have enough chairs and drinks) -
        Leah@bluewhalearts. com or 603-679-1961

        We can do bag lunch or order out -

        I have raw gourds from last year available for sale... and this
        years crop is proofing to be my best yet.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • Leah Reed
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
          The ones in the ground now won't be picked end of Sept/October pending on frost  -  They are all still green -  It takes any where from a month to a year for them to dry.   So the ones that I sent you were picked in October of 2006 - so those would be considered this years raw/dry gourds.    Does this make sense.   Leah

          Leah Reed
          Epping, NH
          603-679-1961

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
            Yes Leah,  I understand what your saying.  I just wondered if those in the ground now would be ready at the time we go up at the end of Sept. since that's so close to Oct.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
              You should be able to see what is there again pending frost.  I am not sure I would have them picked yet because I have to pick the soft shelled/ornemental gourds first because they will rot if they are hit by the frost.  I have patch at my house and another at my parents.  This takes me between two/three weekends to pick them.

              I personally won't buy green gourds anymore.  One year I spent allot of money on some and not one was a usable for art -  they ended up rotting or shriveling.  I was very disappointed.      However, if there are some gourds that strike your fancy I don't mind putting them aside with your name on them and we can see what happens when they dry or I would be willing to sell them green, but could not guarantee they will dry so that they are usable.

              How does that sound -  Leah

              Leah Reed
              Epping, NH
              603-679-1961

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
                Sounds good to me Leah.  Thanks.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2007
                  Leah
                   Fabulous! Maybe I will give you a call or email during the week and we can work something out before the gathering. You sound like an avid gardner, that's wonderful.
                  Many thanks,
                  Diana

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
                    Hi Leah - Just got back from vacation, can't wait for
                    our meeting - I heard from Lucille that our group is
                    growing from our little town of Killingworth. Talk to
                    you soon - Virginia

                    === message truncated ===
                  • Diana Boyle
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 10, 2007
                       Leah
                         If you will let me know what day next week is convenient for you, I will try to get out to buy some gourds.
                      Diana Boyle
                      Brookline, NH