Gourd Classes at Sugar Loaf NY - April

  • Leah
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
      Is anyone going to be taking the classes that the Gourd Gallary in
      Sugar Loaf NY will be having - Bonnie Gibson will be the instructor.

      I would like to take them but did not know if anyone else would be
      attending and would like to share a room and even a ride? Leah
    • STELLA dillon

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
            When I did a map quest it is about 4 hours from Epping NH -  Towards the CT border I believe.   Leah

            Leah Reed
            Epping, NH
            603-679-1961

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 31, 2007
              Classes will be April 14th and 15th and I really would love to take classes from Bonnie.    I will pull the information from my other e-mail and send it to the group.  Leah

              Leah Reed
              Epping, NH
              603-679-1961

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
                --- In negourdvine@yahoogroups.com, STELLA dillon
                <stella_d_dillon@...> wrote:

                > where is Sugar loaf New york?
                >
                > Leah <duckcros@...> wrote: Is anyone going to be taking the
                classes that the Gourd Gallary in
                > Sugar Loaf NY will be having - Bonnie Gibson will be the instructor.
                >
                > I would like to take them but did not know if anyone else would be
                > attending and would like to share a room and even a ride? Leah

                I would be interested in more information about the classes. Eleanor
              • ifye74
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2007
                  All --

                  Thank-you Leah & Stella for posting this information! I don't often
                  write to everyone . . . but the messages re: Bonnie Gibson really
                  caught my attention.

                  So . . .. I just called the Gourd Gallery in Sugarloaf, NY. to find
                  out more details. April 14th = 10am - 5 pm with River Bed Gourd &
                  Inlace Inlay - Cost $90 with lunch; April 15th = 10am - 5pm with
                  PowerCarving - Cost $95 with lunch. (Photos are on Bonnie's webiste!
                  http://www.arizonagourds.com/classes.html)

                  And. . . I learned there were only 5 seats left for each day -- so I
                  signed up immediately over the phone. There are 20 seats for each
                  workshop.

                  You can call Devon Cameron, Gourd Gallery @ 845-469-5090. Her shop is
                  open this afternoon!

                  Note: My permanent residence is in Gill, MA - - but I also have an
                  apartment in Clinton Corners, NY near my current job. Turns out
                  that's about 1 1/2 hours from Sugar Loaf, NY. Most likely I'll be
                  commuting. I have a guest room (double fouton bed) and a double,
                  inflatable mattress - - if anyone would like to stay at my apartment
                  and commute with me. Others welcome, if you bring your own cot, etc.

                  Again THANK-YOU Leah & Stella!!!!
                  Linda

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 4, 2007
                    Re: Gourd Classes at Sugar Loaf NY - April Hi Linda:

                    Thanks for the info...I would like to go, perhaps to each class.  By then I’ll be living in Westminster, MA, which is in north central MA, right off of route 2.  Anyone wishing to commute with me (if you’re on the eastern side of MA, NH, or ME), let me know...
                    I just called to sign up, but the shop was closed so I left a message...  And Linda, thanks for the offer of hospitality; I’d like to take you up on it if you have enough room.  I have my own inflatable twin mattress....ooh, I’m so excited!!

                    --Lori (Shirley, MA)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 5, 2007
                      HI ALL,

                      I apologize to the group for not getting back timely about the details so a BIG Thank you Linda for posting the details,  I don't know where time is going, I have been out straight with my job, and getting ready to head out for vacation soon, working on pieces to enter into the FL gourd show.    I have also signed up for the classes with Bonnie.   I may  take you up on the community Lori,    My husband is deciding if he would travel with me and stay at the camp ground not to far away.   Thanks Linda for the hospitatility as well.     When I return from vacation, I will be able to think about this.

                      Leah Reed
                      Epping, NH
                      603-679-1961

                    • Pennypitts@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 7, 2007

                        Linda, Penny Pitts here.  I've just signed up for the Bonnie Gibson workshops, both days, and join you in being totally excited about it!  And I'll get to see you and perhaps other new England gourders!  I am very homesick for both New England and my workshop!  I've taken up free form knitting to keep my creative juices working, as there's no room for gourd crafting in this small apartment in DC.  I do grandma duties, which I enjoy, but haven't yet found my "place" here - it takes time to adjust.  I'm working on it though.  Meanwhile, I'd love to take you up on your offer of overnighting at your place - I can't wait for the drive back and forth to chat chat chat!!  Thanks so much for the offer.  We'll stay in touch..... thanks again!!  Penny

                        --- In negourdvine@yahoogroups.com, "Eleanor" <sebjor@...> wrote: > > --- In negourdvine@yahoogroups.com, STELLA dillon > <stella_d_dillon@> wrote: > > > > where is Sugar loaf New york? > > > > Leah <duckcros@> wrote: Is anyone going to be taking the > classes that the Gourd Gallary in > > Sugar Loaf NY will be having - Bonnie Gibson will be the instructor. > > > > I would like to take them but did not know if anyone else would be > > attending and would like to share a room and even a ride? Leah > > > I would be interested in more information about the classes. Eleanor > Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/negourdvine/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/negourdvine/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:negourdvine-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:negourdvine-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: negourdvine-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/