Welcome

  • Leah
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26, 2006
      Welcome to NE Gourdvine. I look forward to learning and sharing
      information, photos, events and anything to do with gourds. Enjoy
      please post pic of your work. Leah
    • d_l_boyle
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
        Eleanor
        Welcome to the group! Do you know Marty Schofield, she is in York
        also. The American Gourd Society is great, even if you only use it to
        see what other gourders are doing. In answer to the seed question, you
        might get a true strain the first year, but probably not after that,
        but I find odd shapes the most interesting to work with. Anyone can
        work with a perfect shape, use your imagination with the odd ones, you
        never know what you might accomplish.
        Diana Boyle
        Brookline,NH
      • Marty Schofield
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 16, 2006
          -OK! I've been reading all week and now I've read my name. Eleanor,
          welcome! I didn't realize you were from York. I grew nothing this
          year. My daughter broke her elbow the last week of school so the
          garden never got planted. Then I had foot trouble the 1st week of
          August and I'm still dealing with that.

          My mom lives in Ohio and went to the Gourd Festival. It was moved
          this year and according to her MUCH better. She was really impressed
          with the art work that was there.

          I'm also a member of the American Gourd Society (love their book) and
          the Ohio chapter since I'm from there. My mom is coming for Christmas
          and is supposed to pull in on Monday if anybody has any questions
          about the show.

          In the past, I've grown some pretty decent gourds. Some years are
          better than others. I'm sure stuff is rotting this year because it's
          been so warm. I usually have worse luck getting them to dry than I do
          in growning them.

          Eleanor, I've got back issues of the AGS magazine if you are
          interested in looking at them. Everyone, have a wonderful Holiday. I
          wish I was ready.

          Marty
        • eleanormartell
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 19, 2006
            Hi Marty
            Thanks for the offer to look at your back issues. That would be
            great. You can call me when it would be a good time for you to have
            me pick them up. (363-5772).

            I took pictures of my nativities but for some reason my picture
            program went dead. So I lost all my picture (of the grandchildren etc.
            My son will be here on Christmas and said he will try to pull them
            off the hard drive.???? What picture programs do any of you use?

            Eleanor (York Maine)

            (Marty would you husbands name be John?)

            n negourdvine@yahoogroups.com, "Marty Schofield" <mmaj65@...> wrote:

            > -OK! I've been reading all week and now I've read my name.
            Eleanor,
            > welcome! I didn't realize you were from York. I grew nothing this
            > year. My daughter broke her elbow the last week of school so the
            > garden never got planted. Then I had foot trouble the 1st week of
            > August and I'm still dealing with that.
            >
            > My mom lives in Ohio and went to the Gourd Festival. It was moved
            > this year and according to her MUCH better. She was really
            impressed
            > with the art work that was there.
            >
            > I'm also a member of the American Gourd Society (love their book)
            and
            > the Ohio chapter since I'm from there. My mom is coming for
            Christmas
            > and is supposed to pull in on Monday if anybody has any questions
            > about the show.
            >
            > In the past, I've grown some pretty decent gourds. Some years are
            > better than others. I'm sure stuff is rotting this year because
            it's
            > been so warm. I usually have worse luck getting them to dry than I
            do
            > in growning them.
            >
            > Eleanor, I've got back issues of the AGS magazine if you are
            > interested in looking at them. Everyone, have a wonderful
            Holiday. I
            > wish I was ready.
            >
            > Marty

          • Marty Schofield
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 19, 2006
              Eleanor-My husband is John.  I've got an Adobe picture program that I got thru Road Runner but I've also got a Canon camera and some software came with it.  I like the Microsoft one that came on the computer best for organizing my pictures on the computer.

              I'll give you a buzz about the books.
              Marty

              Thanks for the offer to look at your back issues. That would be
              great. You can call me when it would be a good time for you to have
              me pick them up. (363-5772).

              I took pictures of my nativities but for some reason my picture
              program went dead. So I lost all my picture (of the grandchildren etc.
              My son will be here on Christmas and said he will try to pull them
              off the hard drive.???? What picture programs do any of you use?

              Eleanor (York Maine)

              (Marty would you husbands name be John?)

              n negourdvine@ yahoogroups. com, "Marty Schofield" <mmaj65@...> wrote:

              > -OK! I've been reading all week and now I've read my name.
              Eleanor,
              > welcome! I didn't realize you were from York. I grew nothing this
              > year. My daughter broke her elbow the last week of school so the
              > garden never got planted. Then I had foot trouble the 1st week of
              > August and I'm still dealing with that.
              >
              > My mom lives in Ohio and went to the Gourd Festival. It was moved
              > this year and according to her MUCH better. She was really
              impressed
              > with the art work that was there.
              >
              > I'm also a member of the American Gourd Society (love their book)
              and
              > the Ohio chapter since I'm from there. My mom is coming for
              Christmas
              > and is supposed to pull in on Monday if anybody has any questions
              > about the show.
              >
              > In the past, I've grown some pretty decent gourds. Some years are
              > better than others. I'm sure stuff is rotting this year because
              it's
              > been so warm. I usually have worse luck getting them to dry than I
              do
              > in growning them.
              >
              > Eleanor, I've got back issues of the AGS magazine if you are
              > interested in looking at them. Everyone, have a wonderful
              Holiday. I
              > wish I was ready.
              >
              > Marty

            • morgansoni
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
                What a delightful and warm group. I did seen something at the meeting
                in Oct. and would like to be able to attend. Sounds like fun, and it
                would be nice to meet everyone. I have been in CT almost 3 years and
                except for people at work I really haven't met anyone.
              • virginia nedza
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2008
                  Where did you come from originally? How long have you been working with gourds? I lived most of my life in Middletown,ct.
                  Don't let Lucille fool you she has done some beautiful work on eggs and other mediums.
                  I've been working with gourds and like Lucille I have to buy them. We have another gourder in Madison  (Stella) who grows her own gourds and has great ideas and beuatiful gourds. Jane who lives in Milford also does gourd art but we only get together when we go to Leahs' homestead.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 20, 2008
                    Hi - It's been awhile since I talked with you, sorry about that. If you are still intrested in going to the Mass. meeting, do a search for "Blue Whale Arts" to get ahold of Leah Reed and she can give you the info.
                    Ginnie