1566[NEBULA] "THE NEWEST NEW KID"

  • tess691@aol.com
    Mar 14, 2010
      MD: 01.1650
      Scene: USS NEBULA

      She had just arrived to the ship with a mat hanging down her back. Her curly, blonde hair was trying to remain tied as the hairpins threatened to explode.

      Her name was Nina Alexander and she had been transferred from the LINCON to the NEBULA. Another transfer. With just 23 years old, her life was a conjunct of bad moment and fights to be part of something.

      She was born on the failed colony of Wayren III. Her mother died at the childbirth, and her father had to take care of her older sister Amelia that was 4 and she.

      Nine years later, and after the revolt eructed her father died and Amelia and she were alone. A friend of her family took them in custody, but time after they were abandoned and they had to learn to survive. They were hard years for them. Nina still had nightmares about what she saw then.

      When she was 16 and her sister disappeared. Nina discovered years later that she was taken by orions and obligated to do horrible things. She was not sure if Amelia was still alive or not.

      A year later she managed to stow away inside a cargo ship. She worked there as cook assistant, but she was left in a Starfleet base. She lived there for some weeks after she was arrested. She was condemned but avoided prison as she decided to enter Starfleet. She couldn’t enter into the Academy, so she entered into the NCO School.

      The training was easy compared to the year on the colony. But the hell was just about to start for her. She was moved from posting to posting as for her it was very hard to adjust. She was always walking on the line, with one foot on each side, and that was always given her problem after problem.

      And the NEBULA was another step in her tortuous road.

      Security was preparing the departure. Nina left her bag aside and looked for the SEC officer.

      Alexis was in her office preparing the shifts when a strange appeared at her door.

      “Ma’am I’m PO2 Nina Alexander, reporting.”Nina said trying to show as martial as she could as in her interior she felt like she was about to blow another opportunity.

      Alexis looked up. "Come in. Have a seat." She pointed to the vacant chair. "What can I do for you, Ms Alexander?"

      Nina stood in front of the desk. She had nothing against the LTCDR but she was strangly stubborn and proud. As always that was not a good start but she couldn’t do a thing to avoid it.

      “If you don’t mind, I’m fine standing, Ma’am.” Nina took a PADD with her orders and file and gave it to Alexis. “I’ve been transferred here, Ma’am.” She stated although she knew all that info was inside that PADD.

      Alexis cooly observed the newcomer. "Have a seat." She said again.

      Nina decided that was enough self-importance for a day and she sat. She was quiet while Alexis read the file. Everything was inside; her childhood, her problems with law, her problems inside the Fleet, all about her short but intense life.

      The question was always the same. How could she stay inside the Fleet and achieve her actual rank?

      The answer was simple, because she was that good, and her file reflected that too.

      "Impressive. You take pride in being a trouble maker and a maverick. So do I. And there can be but one on a ship. I was here first and I'm the maverick and the trouble maker." Alexis said. "So here's the deal. You want to work here, you follow orders. My orders. That's the only option. You don't like the way I work, you still got time to catch a shuttle to somewhere they have time to put up with your shit. Take it or leave it." Alexis threw the PADD back on the desk, folded her hands and looked up at Nina. "Ball's in your court Ms. alexander."

      In that moment of the conversation Nina always asked why she was there, why she was still doing that. She was looking for the one thing she missed, a family, the family she had never had during her life. The problem was she was not use to be around normal people. Could that be the final place, the place she could call home?

      “Understood, Ma’am. I’m not going to pee to mark this territory. I just want to be here and be happy.” But she couldn’t promise that problems would rise around her.

      "It's what we all want. Find the quartermaster and he'll assign you to quarters. Report back here at 0500 hours." Alexis said.

      When they young woman had exited her office,Alexis sighed. "That one is going to test my mettle."

      Respectfully submitted by

      Juan Angel Romero
      as
      PO2 Nina Alexander
      Security

      Mary McNeely
      Lt. Cmdr Alexis French
      Chief of Security
      USS NEBULA

      -- Quality is to do it right the first time.
      Calidad es hacerlo bien la primera vez.

      We will either find a way or make one.
      Encontraremos un camino o haremos uno.