Galactic Arms Race is Indie Game Challenge Finalist

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      I'm happy to report that Galactic Arms Race (GAR), which is built around a variant of NEAT called "content-generating NEAT" (cgNEAT), has been selected as one of 12 finalists in the Indie Game Challenge, out of more than 250 submissions:

      http://www.indiegamechallenge.com/home/

      http://www.indiegamechallenge.com/finalists/galactic-arms-race/

      I know a lot of people on this group are interested in seeing neuroevolution someday appearing in a commercial game, which is something of course we're hoping to encourage with projects like GAR. While much of the industry is skeptical about cutting edge AI technologies, such technologies offer the potential for new kinds of gaming experiences in the future.

      Part of the contest is a "Gamer's Choice Award," which allows the general public to vote for a favorite, so you can show your support for neuroevolution in games :) (Or vote for any of the other great finalists there that you prefer!)

      We've posted two publications on GAR:

      Journal (including lots of interesting multiplayer server stats):
      http://eplex.cs.ucf.edu/publications/2009/hastings.ieeetciaig09.html

      Conference:
      http://eplex.cs.ucf.edu/publications/2009/hastings.cig09.html