NEAT/rtNEAT/hyperNEAT Implementation

  • Erik Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
      You all have been a great help pointing me in the proper direction. I appreciate it.

      Is there any documentation on the actual source code of NEAT? Something that describes the classes along with useful implementation information? I could examine some of the samples, but that will only show me what the samples are doing, and their specific implementation.

      Thanks again all.
    • Jason Gauci
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2008
        The header files are individually documented but I will compile a
        doxygen pdf with the next release. I will have the new release done
        before friday.

        --- In neat@yahoogroups.com, Erik Rodriguez <erikcss@...> wrote:

        > You all have been a great help pointing me in the proper direction.
        I appreciate it.

        > Is there any documentation on the actual source code of NEAT?
        Something that describes the classes along with useful implementation
        information? I could examine some of the samples, but that will only
        show me what the samples are doing, and their specific implementation.

        > Thanks again all.

      • Kenneth Stanley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
          I am not sure if you are more interested in NEAT or HyperNEAT, but for
          what it's worth my original NEAT C++ code does come with a tutorial pdf:

          http://nn.cs.utexas.edu/soft-view.php?SoftID=4

          However, the tutorial is more about how to use the package than about
          the source code itself, although it does point to some specific
          routines to explain them. I also commented extensively in both that
          release and the newer rtNEAT release:

          http://nn.cs.utexas.edu/soft-view.php?SoftID=88

          The rtNEAT release includes some explanation of how to interface it
          into a real-time game.

          Jason also replied about his HyperNEAT release.

          ken