Re: Double Pole Balancing

  • Kenneth Stanley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      The pole balancing code did not originate with me; I copied it from
      the prior-existing ESP source code for the experiment. I believe the
      ESP version may in turn have come even from a package before ESP
      (like SANE for example). In any case, I don't recall the original
      source for the code, but as you can see it has been passed down for a
      few generations of systems, which is actually a good thing to make
      comparisons consistent.

      Unfortunately I therefore do not know the explanation for the missing
      term. It is likely that Jean-Baptiste's explanation is correct. In
      any case, I think the important thing is that the domain code is
      consistent among systems being compared.

      ken