6377Re: [neat] Multiobjective NEAT/HyperNEAT papers

  • Joshua Auerbach
    Jul 17, 2014
      Hi Jared,

      I know there have been a number of papers where some sort of multiobjective NEAT derivative has been used.  I know Jean-Baptiste Mouret has done some work with this (sorry, I do not have references handy), and I believe several others have as well.

      I actually used a multi-objective version of CPPN-NEAT in my recent PLoS Comp Bio paper (http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2  F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1003399).  There, I omitted crossover and speciation and used NSGA-II for selection on my primary objectives as well as a genotypic diversity objective based on NEAT's compatibility metric (in some sense this serves a similar function as speciation).

      Hope this helps, and that others will chime in with additional references.

      Cheers,
      Josh

      On 07/16/2014 08:44 PM, Jared Moore swiftfoottim@... [neat] wrote:

      Hello all, I'm interested in work with both NEAT and HyperNEAT in the muktiobjective domain.  Are there a set of papers that describe the approach?  I'm told it's been used before but I'm a bit unsure where to look.

      Thanks!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic