6246Postdoctoral Position in Evolutionary Robotics at the IT University of Copenhagen (available immediately)

  • Sebastian Risi
    Jan 20, 2014
      Hello all,

      I am recruiting a postdoctoral researcher in neuroevolution/evolutionary robotics. Please find the description below and forward this email to anyone who might be interested.

      Postdoctoral Position in Evolutionary Robotics at the IT University of Copenhagen (available immediately)

      The IT University of Copenhagen  (www.itu.dk), Denmark invites applications for a full-time postdoctoral research position.

      Starting date: immediately

      The position is fully funded until the end of 2014.

      Questions about the positions can be directed to Assistant Professor Sebastian Risi, IT University of Copenhagen, sebr@....

      We are seeking an outstanding postdoc with experience/interest in topics such as evolutionary robotics, neural networks, neuroevolution, deep learning, neuroplasticity, 3d printers, and artificial life.

      The successful candidate will work closely with Sebastian Risi (www.cs.ucf.edu/~risi/) and  Kasper Stoy (www.itu.dk/~ksty/) on an internally funded project on neuroevolution focussing on the advantage of having a human in the loop, evolution of morphology and control in the context of robotics. The specific project depends on the qualifications and interests of the applicant. Creative thinking, excellent problem solving skills, and good communication abilities in English are must-haves.

      Application material (CV, list of publications, brief research statement) should be send to sebr@....

      General information:

      The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) is a teaching and research-based tertiary institution concerned with information technology (IT) and the opportunities it offers. The IT University has more than 50 faculty members. Research and teaching in information technology span all academic activities which involve computers including computer science, information and media sciences, humanities and social sciences, business impact and the commercialization of IT.

      I am looking forward to your applications.

      Best regards,
      Sebastian Risi

      --
      Dr. Sebastian Risi