No activity in last 7 days
Near Northeast Citizens is a community group centered in the neighborhood north of the Capitol Hill Historic District in Washington, DC, east of Union Station and the Union Station railyard, and bounded by Florida Avenue NE on the north. Founded in 1984 by Mrs. Loree Murray, a stalwart civic activist and decades long resident of the neighborhood, in response to neighborhood crime and safety issues, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization works on a variety of issues including: (1) land use and historic preservation; (2) public space and gardening; (3) education; (4) public safety; and (5) business and workforce development.
- Government & Politics
- Jan 6, 2005
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.