Update to SSEA Symposium and Scholars' Colloquium

  • lyngreen2004
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012

      CITIES IN THE SAND:

      Urban Life in ancient Egypt

      38th Annual Symposium of the
      The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities /
      Société pour l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne

      From November 30th to December 2nd, 2012, The Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities/ Société pour l'Étude de l'Égypte Ancienne (SSEA/SÉÉA) will once again hold our Annual General Meeting, Scholars' Colloquium and Annual Symposium.
      Our 2012 Symposium, "Cities in the Sand", focuses on the towns and settlements along the ancient Nile. This year we will be partnering with the Royal Ontario Museum's Friends of Ancient Egypt and the event will take place on December 1st, 2012 in the Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park Cres, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
              Confirmed speakers include Prof. Kathryn Bard (Boston University), Prof. Katherine Blouin (University of Toronto at Scarborough), Dr. Krzysztof Grzymski (Royal Ontario Museum), Dr. Sally Katary (Laurentian University), Dr. Miriam Müller (University of Vienna), Nicholas Picardo (Harvard) and Dr. Nigel Strudwick (University of Memphis).  For more information on the speakers and their topics, email info@... or visit www.thessea.org/

      The event will take place on December 1st, 2012 in the Eaton Lecture Theatre, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park Cres, Toronto, Ontario from 9am to 5pm.

      Price: SSEA Members $80.00; Public $90.00; ROM Members $80.00; Students $40.00

      Register with the Royal Ontario Museum at their website  [http://www.rom.on.ca/programs/lectures keyword "sand"] or phone 416-586-5797 [the Program ID is 8602] or email programs@...
      Download a poster here and help publicize our event,

      For more information, contact info@...

      2012 SSEA/SEEA SCHOLARS' COLLOQUIUM

      This year's Scholars' Colloquium will take place on The Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park Cres. Friday, November 30th (Day 1) will take place from 9am to 5pm.

      Day 2 (Sunday, December 2nd) will be devoted to Papers dedicated to Dr. J.S. Holladay, Jr.and will take place from 1pm to 5pm in the Eaton Theatre of the Royal Ontario Museum. Schedules for both days of this event will be available later this fall.

      posted by Lyn Green for The SSEA