Tr : Damqātum 7 (2011)

  • Juan Manuel Tebes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011

      ----Forwarded Message -----

      From: "Virginia Laporta" <virglaporta@...>

      The Centro de Estudios de Historia del Antiguo Oriente (CEHAO),
      Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina, announces the publication
      of Damqātum - The CEHAO Newsletter, Volume 7 (2011).

      As usual, versions in English and Spanish are available.
      The English version is available completely free at the CEHAO website:
      http://www.uca.edu.ar/damqatum

      Contents:
      p. 03. Sinai Project / Silvia Lupo
      p. 16. Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI) and Ancient Egyptian
      Material Culture / Kathryn Piquette
      p. 21. When the Egyptians made the history, and not the Pharaoh! / Heba
      Abd El Gawad
      p. 22. Stop! Let’s Protect Nubia / Carolina Quintana
      p. 23. Ancient Near East Monograph Series / Alan Lenzi
      p. 26. The Lost Scroll: A Play for Children / Joyce Tyldesley
      From the New Editors:

      Damqātum is an electronic publication, freely available since 2006 both in
      English and in Spanish.
      Even though it is an institutional newsletter, as incoming editors we
      intend to broaden the scope of published material. For this reason we have
      decided to implement several editorial changes in content and layout,
      seeking to maintain the high scholarly standard set in the previous
      volumes. These improvements were thought to:

      1. Create and reinforce scholarly connections between local universities
      and foreign institutions related to Ancient Near Eastern Studies.
      2. Increase the diffusion of scholarly meetings and research carried out
      in Argentina and Latin America.
      3. Facilitate the access to a large range of information (articles,
      research projects, conferences, courses, new insights and discoveries) in
      a bilingual format, to reach an even wider readership.

      Therefore, we encourage the scholarly audience to get in touch with us and
      send individual or multi-author contributions.

       Francisco Céntola - Virginia Laporta
       Editors