Near-Death Newsletter ------------------------ April 2006

  • Kevin Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2006
      "Death is nothing more than a doorway, something you walk through."
      - George Ritchie, M.D.

      =========================================================================================================================Near-Death Newsletter.......................... April 1, 2006
      www.near-death.com .................. Vol. 05, No. 04, Ed. 01
      on every 15th of the month. The mission of this newsletter is
      to provide the latest news on the subject of near-death
      experiences and related phenomena and to promote IANDS
      (International Association for Near-Death Studies), near-death
      researchers, experiencers, events, and multimedia resources.
      Disclaimer: This newsletter is not affiliated with IANDS; but the
      author of this newsletter, Kevin Williams, is a member of IANDS
      and is dedicated to the IANDS mission. IANDS is the premier
      organization for near-death research. Membership gives you
      access to their prestigious Journal of Near-Death Studies and
      Vital Signs newsletter. You can join IANDS at their website. Get
      connected with IANDS because they will probably be the organization
      who will someday provide the scientific evidence proving that human
      consciousness survives death.

      SUBSCRIBE to this newsletter by emailing a blank message to:
      neardeathnewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      UNSUBSCRIBE to this newsletter by emailing a blank message to:

      =========================================================================================================================Free Downloads & Links of Interest
      =========================================================================================================================
      --- Near-Death Newsletter - April 2006 (online): http://tinyurl.com/zrjcg
      --- Near-Death Newsletter - April 2006 (ebook): http://tinyurl.com/eaykf
      --- PMH Atwater Column - April 2006 (online): http://tinyurl.com/8wwbv
      --- PMH Atwater Column - April 2006 (ebook): http://tinyurl.com/ehbb7
      --- Near-Death Online Store: http://tinyurl.com/bk3td

      =========================================================================================================================Table of Contents
      =========================================================================================================================
      (1) What's New on Near-Death.com
      (2) NDEs in the News
      (3) Q & A with Dr. PMH Atwater
      (4) Books on the NDE
      (5) IANDS in the Spotlight
      (6) Odds and Ends

      =========================================================================================================================(1) What's New on Near-Death.com
      =========================================================================================================================
      --- Scientific Evidence for Survival of Consciousness After Death:
      http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html
      I have greatly expanded this page by adding all 53 items of what I
      believe are scientific evidence supporting the survival of
      consciousness after death. This is an on-going project and as more
      evidence comes to my attention, I will add them to this page.

      --- The Quantum Mind of the NDE: How the New Physics Explains
      Consciousness: http://www.near-death.com/quantum.html
      This new page focuses on some of the qualities of the quantum realm
      as revealed in quantum physics which correspond remarkably to the
      realm of the NDE - a realm which I believer are one and the same.
      This is an on-going project and I will add more on this topic as
      time goes on.

      =========================================================================================================================(2) NDEs in the News
      =========================================================================================================================--------------------------------------------
      News From P.M.H. Atwater
      CHARLOTTSVILLE, VIRGINIA ..... (P.M.H. Atwater's Website)
      Get the latest news from P.M.H. right here!
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/news.html

      HEADLINES FROM P.M.H.:
      (a) An Incredible Documentary About the New Kids
      (b) Memorial to Dr. William G. Reimer
      (c) Schedule: April 15 - The Hanover Writers Group,
      Mechanicsville, VA
      (d) Schedule: April 17-20 - Spiritual Retreat in Missouri,
      sponsored by IANDS, Mercy Center, St. Louis, MO
      (e) Schedule: May 12-16 - Evanston, Illinois. Meeting of IANDS/Chicago

      FREEBIES FROM P.M.H:
      (a) Free Beyond the Indigo "Extras" (online): http://tinyurl.com/8x4yp
      (b) Free Beyond the Indigo "Extras" (ebook): http://tinyurl.com/9rwzg
      (c) Free "The Challenge of Sept 11" (online): http://tinyurl.com/8mmpp
      (d) Free "The Challenge of Sept 11" (ebook): http://tinyurl.com/agsnp

      April 17-20, 2006 Spiritual Retreat for Near-Death Experiencers
      (The venue: Mercy Center, St. Louis, Missouri)
      (April 1, 2006) (IANDS)
      The registration deadline for this retreat was March 27. IANDS is
      sponsoring a truly unique time for NDErs to share experiences and
      gifts in a peaceful and beautiful environment. The purpose is to help
      NDErs integrate their experience, understand the aftereffects, and
      find their spiritual purpose. In addition, tools will be utilized
      to help NDErs better understand their needs, as well as establishing
      a network to share their gifts and wisdom with the world. This retreat
      was open for all NDErs - those who struggle with the aftereffects -
      as well as "seasoned" experiencers. The focus will be about the
      struggles and joys that the integrative process entails - all in a
      loving and supportive setting. There will also be time and space for
      meditation, quiet, and communion in truly beautiful surroundings.
      http://tinyurl.com/f9scs
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: Mercy Center Conference/Retreat at St. Louis, MO
      http://tinyurl.com/93mlw

      --- Directions: Mercy Center directions: http://tinyurl.com/7uxoq
      Google Maps directions: http://tinyurl.com/baelf

      More Information Available on the 2006 North American
      IANDS Conference
      (International Association for Near-Death Studies)
      (April 10, 2006) (IANDS News)
      Be sure to attend the October 25-28, 2006 IANDS Conference to
      be held at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
      The IANDS Conference web page states: "This entire project is, as
      Dr. Peter Fenwick termed it, a "grand retrospective" of the field of
      near-death studies in the three decades since 1975 when Raymond
      Moody published "Life After Life," introducing the term and the
      phenomenon of near-death experiences (NDEs) to public -- and most
      professionals' -- awareness. The 2006 theme of the International
      Association for Near-Death Studies conference will be a celebration
      of "30 Years of Near-Death Experience Research: Integrating the Past,
      Anticipating the Future.": http://iands.org/conference/index.php
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: Use Feedwhip to monitor changes to the IANDS Conference
      page. Or any web page on the internet. It's free!
      http://www.feedwhip.com/

      Visions of the Dying
      (Dr. Peter Fenwick's Deathbed Experiences Research)
      (March 13, 2006) (The Herald)
      The three types of experience: (1) Deathbed visions – seen by
      the person who is dying. The most common are "take away"
      visions, where the person sees figures who have apparently
      come to take them away on a journey through physical death.
      May be a dead relative or religious figure. It is often a joyful
      experience for them. (2) Experience of light – seen by either the
      patient, the carers and sometimes by both. The light is often
      radiant and described as being infused with love; it may envelop
      the body and spread through the room. Sometimes something
      interpreted as a soul or essence of the dying person is seen
      leaving the body. (3) Deathbed coincidences – reported by
      family or friends of the dying. They suddenly become convinced
      a loved one is dying or dead, even though they are far away and
      may not know the person is ill. The dying person may "visit", as
      though saying goodbye, or the relative may awaken at the moment
      of death: http://tinyurl.com/o9ypt
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "Love and Light: the Science of Near-Death
      Experiences" by Peter Fenwick: http://tinyurl.com/856dh

      --- Website: Deathbed Experience Research Network:
      http://tinyurl.com/hkeva

      --- Book: "One Last Hug Before I Go: The Mystery and Meaning
      of Deathbed Visions" by Carla Wills-Brandon
      http://tinyurl.com/hxcvw

      Fascinating Look at Near-Death Experiences
      (A book review of "What Happens When We Die" by Dr. Sam Parnia)
      (April 3, 2006) (Cape Times)
      He also discusses children who have had NDEs. One young boy,
      Andrew, flummoxed his mother when he said he wanted to go
      back to "the sunny place with the lady that floats", who turned out
      to have been his late grandmother. His mother was astounded
      when later a much healthier Andrew looked at a picture of his gran
      as a young woman and said: "That's the lady who floats." This is a
      book that you will want to give friends who have had similar
      experiences, or who have lost someone and are hoping to somehow
      find out where they are and what they would like us back on earth
      to know. Parnia includes enough medical data about the brain and
      our minds to give his account substance and to enable readers to
      do their own research: http://tinyurl.com/hm948
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: Horizon Research Foundation:
      http://www.horizonresearch.org/

      --- Book: "What Happens When We Die?: A Groundbreaking
      Study into the Nature of Life and Death" by Dr. Sam Parnia
      http://tinyurl.com/dbtq2

      Correction in Reportings of Near-Death Experiences
      (The percentage of NDE occurrence is actually lower)
      (April 4, 2006) (P.M.H. Atwater)
      There is now a concerted effort with researchers of near-death
      states to "set the record straight" as to percentages of occurrence.
      Most surveys conducted by various magazines and organizations
      in the past were not scientific or even reliable. The problem is
      ambiguous questions which slant answers. The result: overestimates,
      that are based more on wishful thinking than anything close to
      verifiable facts. The poll used today, giving an estimate of 15
      million near-death experiencers in the United States (or 5% of
      the population), was conducted by U. S. News & World Report in
      1997. However, the figure more in keeping with actual case
      reportings in the United States, Holland, and Germany is 4%
      (which makes 11 million in the U.S.). What is of keen interest to
      researchers is that the 4% figure for general populations is showing
      up in other countries worldwide. Because of this, researchers are
      down-scaling the percentages they quote. Some references: Random
      inquiry in Germany (Schmied, et al) conducted in 1999 and the
      original Gallup Poll done in 1982. For those people who were near
      death, nearly died, or who did die but later revived or were
      resuscitated, the estimate of one-third that was previously used to
      indicate how many would have a near-death experience is also
      over-inflated. The number is closer to between 12 to 20 percent.
      The real problem here, though, is with children. There has never been
      any survey of any kind that addresses child experiencers of near-death
      states. A given assumption in poll taking is that an individual's
      near-death experience occurred in adulthood. Preliminary work by
      Melvin Morse, M.D., a pediatrician in the State of Washington,
      suggests that with child experiencers the figure is closer to 70% -
      more than double that of adults. Since Morse's work has yet to be
      duplicated, especially in other countries, no conclusions can yet be
      drawn as to what this difference might mean. It can be said that
      near-death cases are on the rise. What cannot be said with any real
      degree of confidence is by how much.
      http://www.pmhatwater.com/

      Neuroscientist Finds Possible Explanation of Near-Death Experiences
      (Mysterious Phenomenon May Be Related to Sleep Disorder)
      (April 11, 2006) (ABC News)
      Nelson, now a neurophysiologist at the University of Kentucky,
      published one of the few studies on the subject in today's issue of
      the journal Neurology. The study compares the sleep patterns of 55
      people who have reported unusual sensations during a during
      near-death experience to 55 people who haven't ... He and his team
      of researchers discovered that the near-death study group had a
      significantly higher rate (60 percent compared with 24 percent) of a
      sleep disorder known as rapid eye movement, or REM, intrusion.
      This disorder causes one of the most active dream states of sleep —
      REM — to intrude into wakefulness, causing a person to sometimes wake
      up and feel paralyzed, experience leg muscle weakness or wake up to
      hear sounds other people didn't. This may explain why some people
      have near-death experiences after undergoing a traumatic event that
      causes unconsciousness, Nelson said. When a person is under the
      threat, their fight-or-flight nervous system is evoked. But as they
      come out of unconsciousness, some mental wires may be crossed.
      http://tinyurl.com/kzqyr
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- American Academy of Neurology Journal Article:
      "Does The Arousal System Contribute To Near Death Experience?":
      Authors: Kevin R. Nelson, Michelle Mattingly, Sherman A. Lee, and
      Frederick A. Schmitt Website: http://tinyurl.com/gue5r
      Abstract: http://tinyurl.com/eg68g
      PDF: http://tinyurl.com/fqvjy

      --- Related: "Are Near-Death Experiences a Dream? People who have
      near-death experiences more likely to find REM sleep intruding on
      reality." http://tinyurl.com/gsjwt

      --- Related: "Near-Death Experience: Find Out if You're a Candidate":
      http://tinyurl.com/fahvj

      --- Website: Kevin R. Nelson's faculty listing at University of KY:
      http://tinyurl.com/zdmy6

      --- Other Journal publications authored by Kevin R. Nelson:
      http://tinyurl.com/l26m9

      William Buhlman, Author and Out of Body Explorer
      (An interview with one of America's leading experts on OBEs)
      (April 1, 2006) (Soul Travel Magazine)
      Over the years I have conducted several experiments such as
      attempting to move or alter a physical object. I have also observed
      several physical people and events from the out-of-body state.
      When I attempted to communicate with awake individuals they
      didn't seem to notice my presence. On two occasions when I
      contacted people during their sleep they recalled my interaction
      as a dream state perception. Based on my experiences and the
      feedback I have received from my online OBE survey I feel that
      during an out-of-body experience we are communicating with the
      subconscious mind of the person we contact. The best way to
      obtain personal proof is to self-initiate an out-of-body experience
      for yourself. Only then will you fully appreciate the reality and
      potential of the experience. This is the reason I present over forty
      different techniques in my books: http://tinyurl.com/lkefm
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: The Official Site of William Buhlman:
      http://www.astralinfo.org

      --- Website: William Buhlman's OBE Site:
      http://www.out-of-body.com

      --- Product: All multimedia items by William Buhlman:
      http://tinyurl.com/qg3m9

      The Out-of-Body Experience as Dimensional Translocation
      (A look at scientific theories supporting a multi-dimensional reality)
      (April 5, 2006) (Red Ice News)
      Consensus reality in the "real world" is founded upon corporeal
      entities beholding three-dimensional space. When out-of-body
      explorers or UFO abductees claim that they passed through
      solid walls during their experiences, they are contradicting perhaps
      the most fundamental perceptions of human observers. Scientism
      condemns such assertions as either fraudulent or hallucinatory
      because if they were accepted as legitimate, our entire conception
      of reality would collapse - an appalling prospect, challenging the
      credibility of all self-appointed official observers. Nevertheless,
      when faced with such an abundance of anomalous data any fearless
      spectator might suggest that our concepts of dimensional location
      need to be re-evaluated and clarified.
      http://tinyurl.com/l8ja2
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "A New Interpretation of Psi Phenomena" by Renée Haynes:
      http://tinyurl.com/rx8xp

      --- Products: Out-of-Body Experience Multimedia:
      http://tinyurl.com/s23oj

      "Beyond the Indigo Children" Article at New Dawn Magazine
      (by P.M.H. Atwater, L.H.D.)
      (March - April, 2006) (New Dawn Magazine)
      It doesn't take someone like me to point out that there's something
      remarkably different about the children in today's world. Parents and
      grandparents, school teachers, counselors and therapists, anyone
      who knows a child – all of them – say the same thing: our kids know
      more than we do. And they're right. The kids do. "Two key
      brain-building genes, which underwent dramatic changes in the past
      that coincided with huge leaps in human intellectual development,
      are still undergoing rapid mutations, evolution's way of selecting
      for new beneficial traits," so said Bruce Lahn and his University of
      Chicago colleagues in a study published in the journal Science,
      dated 9 September 2005. Not everyone has both of these genes, yet
      reports of mutation are increasing at an unprecedented rate: 70% of
      the world's population now evidences one of them, 30% both ...
      http://tinyurl.com/o4dlu
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "Beyond The Indigo Children EXTRAS"
      http://tinyurl.com/qbbsg

      --- PDF: "Beyond The Indigo Children EXTAS"
      http://tinyurl.com/qbbsg

      --- Website: The Official Site of P.M.H. Atwater:
      http://www.pmhatwater.com/

      --- Book: "Beyond the Indigo Children: The New Children
      and the Coming of the Fifth World" by P.M.H. Atwater, L.H.D.
      http://tinyurl.com/7fjp4

      New NDE-Related Internet Radio Programs Now Online
      (Internet radio is coming of age. So is internet video.)
      (April 3, 2006) (Near-Death Newsletter)
      Here is a list of some of the best internet radio interviews you will
      ever hear on the internet:

      (1) Reverend Juliet Nightingale's "Toward The Light" Radio Show airs
      Monday 8pm - 9pm PST. She features special guests who are both
      experiencers and researchers; and there are call-in opportunities so
      people can ask questions. http://tinyurl.com/rb63d

      (2) Dr. Jeff Long of www.nderf.org has interviews available to
      listen to on the Coast to Coast Show with George Noory:
      http://tinyurl.com/n2p82

      (3) Dr. Sam Parnia was interviewed on the Coast to Coast Show
      with George Noory on March 6th: http://tinyurl.com/r226n
      (You can also listen to interviews by Raymond Moody, Melvin Morse,
      and other experts on Coast to Coast here: http://tinyurl.com/rxp3l )

      (4) Dr. P.M.H. Atwater interviews are available on these radio shows:
      (a) Interview archive # 1: http://tinyurl.com/8dtdo
      (b) Interview archive # 2: http://tinyurl.com/ckg34
      (c) Interview archive at "Beyond The Ordinary" website:
      http://tinyurl.com/9olo9
      (d) Interview archive at "Mysteries of the Mind" website:
      http://tinyurl.com/7hd4u
      (e) Iinterview archive with psychic Sahar Huneidi:
      http://www.psychicsahar.com/
      a. Topic: "Beyond the Indigo Children": http://tinyurl.com/byu2r
      b. Topic: "Future Memory": http://tinyurl.com/95tvt
      c. Topic: Adult NDEs: http://tinyurl.com/8zrwz
      d. Topic: Children's NDEs: http://tinyurl.com/a6l9p

      (5) Dr. Carla Wills-Brandon's "A Walk to the Other Side" airs
      every other week, Thursdays 9pm - 10pm PST. Carla is the author
      of "One Last Hug Before I Go: The Mystery and Meaning of Deathbed
      Visions". http://tinyurl.com/aamof

      (6) Dannion Brinkley has available radio interviews to listen to
      at the "News For The Soul" website: http://tinyurl.com/pmxlo

      (7) Betty Eadie has radio interviews available on Jerry Pippin's
      Show: http://tinyurl.com/n7pod

      (8) Mike Pettigrew is founder of The Institute for Afterlife Research
      and has several radio interviews available: http://tinyurl.com/rlm4z

      (9) Internet search for audio files about the NDE:
      http://tinyurl.com/s4ucz
      *** Related items of interest:
      --- Article: Are you new to internet audio? Check out these tutorials:
      http://tinyurl.com/ckb2y and http://tinyurl.com/s4bfz

      --- Book: "The Music Internet Untangled: Using Online Services To
      Expand Your Musical Horizons" by Andy Breeding (I highly recommend
      this book/ebook): http://tinyurl.com/mmhvx

      ABC Documentary on Heaven Now Available in DVD and VHS
      ("Heaven -- Where Is It? How Do We Get There?")
      (April 3, 2006) (ABC News)
      People have dreamed of heaven, dedicated their lives to the promise
      of heaven, even martyred themselves - committing heinous acts of
      terrorism - for the promise of paradise. Is heaven simply a myth
      dreamed up to give lives meaning, or is it a real place? Anchored
      by Barbara Walters, this documentary explores the meaning of heaven
      with religious leaders of the major faiths, scientists, people who
      say they believe in heaven because they've been there, celebrities
      who are vocal about their beliefs and even with terrorists. The DVD
      version contains extended interviews with the Dalai Lama, Richard
      Gere, Imam Feisal, Abdul Rauf, and Rabbi Neil Gilman.
      http://tinyurl.com/hu5db
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Videos: View these online video clips on the documentary:
      - Barbara Explores Heaven: http://tinyurl.com/mf878
      - Heaven Explored: http://tinyurl.com/mtrlp
      - Is There Sex In Heaven?: http://tinyurl.com/ngtl3
      - Homicide Bombers Pursue Heaven: http://tinyurl.com/n9jub
      - Search the internet for online NDE videos using Blinkx:
      http://tinyurl.com/g4tud

      --- Article: An interview with Mitch Albom: "The Five People You
      Meet in Heaven": http://tinyurl.com/msxfr

      --- Article: An interview with Barbara Walters: "Heaven Is a Place
      Where You Are Happy": http://tinyurl.com/prg6z

      The Movie "Stay" DVD is Released with NDE Feature "Departing Visions"
      (Participate in their Collaborative Subconscious Experiment)
      (April 1, 2006) (Cinescape Video & DVD)
      The film centers on a suicidal college student and his doctor who
      enter a twisted world of supernatural horror in Stay. Henry Lethem
      (Ryan Gosling) plans to kill himself in three days, unless
      psychologist Sam Foster (Ewan McGregor) can stop him. Henry's been
      hearing disturbing voices and experiencing horrifying visions, but
      where does imagination end and reality begin? Sam suddenly finds he's
      losing his own grip on reality, as he, too, is thrust into a hellish
      place between life and death. With the help of his girlfriend
      (Naomi Watts), Sam races to unlock the terrifying secret behind
      Henry's waking nightmare before it's too late.
      http://tinyurl.com/geaem
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: The Official Site of "Stay" (participate in their
      subconscious experiment): http://www.staythemovie.com

      --- Movie: "Stay" starring Ewan McGregor and Ryan Gosling
      http://tinyurl.com/q92l2

      Hollywood Near-Death Experiences
      (The NDEs of the Rich and Famous)
      (April 2, 2006) (Near-Death Newsletter)
      The following are this month's listing of celebrity near-death
      experiences in the news:

      Steven Spielberg's NDE Mini-Series Coming Soon:
      http://tinyurl.com/a24qt

      Ellen Barkin Survives Near Death Experience
      http://tinyurl.com/m577j

      Star Jones Cheats Death as She Undergoes Plastic Surgery
      http://tinyurl.com/ppvc7

      Tony Soprano's "Near-Death Experience in Newark"
      http://tinyurl.com/pyyje

      Tom Green Cheats Death in Costa Rica
      http://tinyurl.com/o4snd

      Nathan Fillion on "White Noise 2" Movie
      http://tinyurl.com/qbqtw

      The Family Guy Has a Near-Death Experience
      http://tinyurl.com/pqj3j

      Jayne Seymour: "Make the most of life."
      http://tinyurl.com/njkux

      Jerry Falwell: Near-Death Experience Changed Outlook on Life
      http://tinyurl.com/sxha5

      NDEs of the Hollywood Rich and Famous:
      http://www.near-death.com/famous.html
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Book: "The Hollywood Book of Death" by James Robert Parish
      http://tinyurl.com/rbl4t

      April Schedule of NDE-Related TV Documentaries
      (Check your local listings for the correct time)
      (March 30, 2006) (Near-Death Newsletter)
      I recommend www.tv.com or tv.yahoo.com as your online cable TV guide
      to search for NDE and NDE-related cable programs scheduled for
      your area. For online video searches, I recommend the awesome
      mega-search engine www.blinkx.com.

      April 10, 11 - "Heaven: Beyond the Grave" (Documentary) -
      History Channel - Trace the evolution of the afterlife theory from
      ancient Egypt to modern day: http://tinyurl.com/pooul

      April 12 - "Proof Positive: Evidence of the Paranormal" (Documentary)
      - Sci-Fi Channel - A look at three stories which contain convincing
      evidence of the paranormal: http://tinyurl.com/pa5g4

      April 14 - "Visions of Mary" (Documentary) - History Channel
      - Dramatic recreations of credible apparitions of the Virgin Mary
      including archival footage and photos: http://tinyurl.com/qs7he

      April 16 - "The Search for Heaven" (Documentary) - WPXN
      - Examines the scientific studies, personal testimonies and
      experiences of those who have had a near-death experience.
      http://tinyurl.com/np3er

      April 16 - "Dying to Live" (Documentary) - Discovery Health
      Channel - Pioneering neurosurgeons push the boundary between
      life and death by reviving patients who have been clinically dead
      for over an hour: http://tinyurl.com/rkpyj

      April 16, 17 - "Mysteries of the Bible: Heaven and Hell" (Documentary)
      - A&E Channel - Powerful images of heaven and hell have been around
      since recorded history. Where do these images come from?
      http://tinyurl.com/s2bg3

      April 17, 18 - "Brainman" (Documentary) - Discovery Health Channel
      - Meet a savant who can read a book every hour with a photographic
      memory and do formidable calculations in his head within seconds ...
      but cannot tie his own shoes: http://tinyurl.com/m3dyl

      April 18, 19 - "The Unexplained: ESP, Dreams and Disasters"
      (Documentary) - Biography Channel - Several cases suggestive
      of ESP are profiled: http://tinyurl.com/qhf2w

      April 20 - "Naked Science: Telepathy" (Documentary) - National
      Geographic Channel - Scientists puts the phenomenon of telepathy
      to the test with their own tests and experiments.
      http://tinyurl.com/p6mpe

      April 22, 2006: IONS Global Consciousness Conference
      (Venue: Lake Merritt, Oakland, California)
      (April 2, 2006) (Institute of Noetic Sciences)
      The science and study of consciousness offers important pieces
      to the puzzle of global sustainability. This day-long conference
      brings together pioneers at the frontiers of conscious change --
      scientists, spiritual leaders, environmentalists, and social change
      activists -- to expand the dialogue about how we create global
      sustainability. After a vision-expanding morning and a heartfelt,
      inspiring lunch, we'll move into specific action projects in the
      afternoon, finishing the day with a bold, integrative vision and
      celebration. The Global Consciousness Conference will chart the
      path to a spiritually fulfilling, ecologically balanced, and socially
      healthy worldview. It will also serve as the official book launch for
      Entangled Minds, the new book by Dean Radin, IONS Senior
      Scientist. Book signing with Dean will take place during the afternoon
      reception. Presenters include Duane Elgin (Awakening Earth);
      Mark Plotkin (Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice); Andrew Beath
      (Consciousness in Action); as well as IONS leaders James O'Dea
      (President); Marilyn Mandala Schlitz (VP); Dean Radin (Sr. Scientist);
      and Belvie Rooks (Board Member). Afternoon forums will feature
      various community activists, with an opportunity to engage with their
      projects: http://www.noetic.org
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: Download the free PDF schedule of events:
      http://tinyurl.com/oagtd

      --- Website: Register for the Conference:
      http://tinyurl.com/gmm9b

      --- Book: "Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a
      Quantum Reality" by Dean Radin: http://tinyurl.com/owegq

      May 5-6, 2006: Rhine Research Center's "After Death" Conference
      (After death, what do we know?)
      (April 4, 2006) (Rhine Research Center)
      It is one of the great mysteries. But science has been able to
      discover some things.This conference brings together leading
      scientists and physicians in this area of research to present their
      findings, under the auspices of The Rhine Research Center, in
      Durham, North Carolina. Presenters include: Bruce Greyson,
      Jim Tucker, Gary Schwartz, Larry Dossey, Stephan Schwartz,
      Dianne Arcangel, Loyd Auerbach, Ginette Nachman, and Mary
      Occhino. Learning Objectives: By the end of the conference,
      participants will: (1) Have a good understanding of research findings
      related to near-death experiences, children's memories of previous
      lives, afterlife encounters, mediumship communication, and
      apparitions. (2) Have a context in which to understand these
      experiences. (3) Understand what the research is telling us about the nature of consciousness. (4) Understand the implications of nonlocal awareness. (5) Clinicians will be better equipped to support patients who report these experiences: http://www.rhine.org
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: Schedule of Events: http://tinyurl.com/n3cuo

      --- Article: Register for the Conference: http://tinyurl.com/lpkk6

      --- Book: Journal of Parapsychology: http://tinyurl.com/r2mtc

      May 12-14, 2006: Remote Viewing Conference
      (Venue: Alexis Park Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada)
      (March 30, 2006) (IRVA Website)
      The International Remote Viewing Association (IRVA) was organized
      March 18, 1999, by selected scientists and practitioners meeting
      in Alamogordo, New Mexico in conjunction with the first professional
      conference on Remote Viewing in Ruiduso, New Mexico. The
      concluded objective was to create an organization that would
      provide a mechanism for evaluating the discipline called "remote
      viewing", encourage scientifically sound research, propose ethical
      standards and provide overview educational information to the public.
      Presenters include: Russel Targ, Ingo Swann, Dean Radin,
      William Tiller, Jessica Utts, Stephan Schwartz, Jeffrey Mishlove,
      George McMullen, Elias Merhige, Noreen Renier, Lyn Buchanan,
      and Paul H. Smith: http://www.rvconference.org/
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "A Brief Time Line of Remote Viewing History"
      http://tinyurl.com/megpf

      --- Websites: Google rearch results for "remote viewing" sites:
      http://tinyurl.com/e8nm9

      --- Products: Remote Viewing Multimedia: http://tinyurl.com/g4nq7

      Tune Into Your Intuition
      (Avery Center workshop teaches how to tap into your sixth sense)
      (April 1, 2006) (Pensacola News Journal)
      "I've always thought that I have something going on," said Rogers,
      61, of Cantonment, who has taken the workshop. "Things would
      hit me and they would come true. Off and on this would happen."
      But Rogers, like many people, was too busy with career and family
      to pay much attention. Then in December 2003, she had a near-death
      experience and lay in the hospital for 48 days -- 21 of those days
      in intensive care on a respirator, given a 20 percent chance to
      live ..." "The majority of scientists meet the subject with
      prejudice despite hundreds of studies documenting extrasensory
      perception beyond a reasonable doubt," said Charles Tart, an
      instructor at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology in Palo Alto,
      Calif. "We have no idea what the mechanism is that makes this
      happen," Tart said. "If we ever do understand, it will bring a new
      understanding to the universe.": http://tinyurl.com/np93x
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Workshop: "Developing your Intuition", A six-week workshop
      by Teresa Brown, (850) 470-8430, www.averycenter.net
      April 18 to May 23, The Avery Center, 1120 E. Avery Street,
      Pensacola, FL.

      --- Website: The Official Site of Teresa Brown
      http://www.workingintuition.com/

      --- Book: "The Purpose of Your Life: Finding Your Place In The World
      Using Synchronicity, Intuition, And Uncommon Sense" by Carol
      Adrienne, James Redfield: http://tinyurl.com/oqugs

      New Literature and Features Added to the Library of Exploratory
      Science (Lexscien)
      (Access some of the most important scientific information on
      anomalies such as the NDE)
      (March 30, 2006) (Lexscien.org)
      This Library is C-FAR's (Centre for Fundamental and Anomalies
      Research) online library of research literature on anomalies and
      controversies in science and the humanities. It currently contains
      the complete Journals and Proceedings of the Society for Psychical
      Research (1884-present), the complete Journal of Parapsychology
      (1937-present), and a selection of rare books in the field. They
      are steadily adding more of the leading research literature in the
      field. You can register for FREE to explore the open access sections
      of the library. For an inexpensive subscription fee, you can access
      the full library. In my opinion, this is one library whose time has
      certainly come and is certainly worth checking out.
      http://tinyurl.com/rxsne
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: The Library of Exploratory Science (Lexscien):
      http://www.lexscien.org

      --- Website: Centre for Fundamental and Anomalies Research:
      http://www.c-far.org/

      Shocking Examples of Cellular Memory
      (Transplant patients acquire memories of their donors)
      (March 30, 2006) (Daily Mail)
      Professor Gary Schwartz's findings are backed up by Dr. Paul
      Pearsall, author of The Heart's Code, a book dealing with the
      same phenomenon. Their casebook also includes: (1) A woman
      who was terrified of heights until she was given the lungs of a
      mountain climber. Dottie O'Connor, from Massachusetts, is now
      a climber. (2) A seven-year-old girl had nightmares about being
      killed after being given the heart of a child who had been murdered.
      (3) Paul Oldam, a lawyer from Milwaukee, received the heart of
      a 14-year-old boy and inherited his craving for Snickers. (4) And
      a man of 25 received a woman's heart and, to his girlfriend's
      delight, now wants to go shopping all the time.
      http://tinyurl.com/pud3l
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "The Cellular Memory: The Energetic Hologram of the
      Formed Body-Mind": http://tinyurl.com/s4ba7

      --- Article: One of most veridical examples of cellular memory
      (The case of Claire Silvia): http://tinyurl.com/7s2da

      --- Website: Google search results for "cellular memory":
      http://tinyurl.com/lreq4

      --- Book: "Explorers of the Black Box: The Search for the
      Cellular Basis of Memory" by Susan Allport
      http://tinyurl.com/sxmvb

      --- Book: "The Heart's Code" by Paul P. Pearsall:
      http://tinyurl.com/pjfyx

      Debating the Reality of ESP
      (Scientists continue to review the phenomenon)
      (March 29, 2006) (The Daily Evergreen)
      There is a debate over whether ESP is a real phenomenon.
      Dr. Dean Radin, senior scientist at the Institute of Noetic
      Sciences, a nonprofit organization conducting and sponsoring
      leading-edge research on all facets of consciousness, believes
      it is. "The reality of psychic phenomena is now no longer based
      solely upon faith, or wishful thinking, or absorbing anecdotes.
      It is not even based upon the results of a few scientific
      experiments," according to his book, "The Conscious Universe."
      "Instead, we know that these phenomena exist because of new ways of
      evaluating massive amounts of scientific evidence collected over a
      century by scores of researchers." ESP has a very old history, going
      back to the Delphic Oracle in ancient Greece. Throughout history,
      many cultures have believed some people possessed special powers.
      http://tinyurl.com/l89tp
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Blog: The Official Blog of Dean Radin: http://deanradin.blogspot.com/

      --- Website: The Official Site of Dean Radin: http://www.deanradin.com/

      --- Website: Institute of Noetic Sciences: http://www.noetic.org/

      --- Books: List of all titles by Dean Radin: http://tinyurl.com/zzek6

      Pseudo-skeptic/magician James Randi Suffers a Heart Attack
      (Has the "Amazing Randi" seen the light?)
      (April 1, 2006) (Michael Prescott's Blog)
      Anyway, in reading one of these Web sites - a message board
      for fans for the magicians Penn & Teller, who are outspoken
      skeptics - I was struck by some of the comments. I thought I
      would reproduce them here, along with my own remarks. The
      messages begin with the expected good wishes for Mr. Randi.
      Then a gadfly named Musico pipes up: "Hi, has James now
      qualified for an "NDE"(near death experience)? Would he admit
      to seeing "lights in tunnels" or "angelic beings"?? Perhaps he
      might admit he actually prayed when he was going through his
      recent experiences. If he has had an NDE he might now have
      to pay himself the million dollars because he has just proven
      the existence of paranormal phenomena!! I don't want to seem
      cold hearted, just realistic about his whole existence."
      http://tinyurl.com/obdwc
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: "A Skeptical Look At James Randi" by Michael Prescott:
      http://tinyurl.com/8yad3

      --- Article: "James Randi - His Amazing Role in the Great Psi Media
      Circus": http://tinyurl.com/mqbv2

      --- Article: "The Paradigm Police": http://tinyurl.com/oxfto

      --- Books: All titles by Michael Prescott:
      http://tinyurl.com/z2azs

      Art Buchwald Is Choosing To Die
      (The famous author is choosing death instead of kidney dialysis)
      (March 28, 2006) (Compassion & Choices)
      We should all be so lucky. Art Buchwald can abbreviate a relentless
      loss of body, mind and function because he has a life-saving
      treatment to refuse. His death will be peaceful, painless and humane.
      Refusal of medical intervention is legal everywhere. Compassion
      & Choices' counselors can often tell callers that they already hold
      the key to peaceful dying. But what about those who cannot choose
      – those stuck in a dying process that is neither peaceful nor
      painless? They cannot stop their suffering or hasten their death by
      refusing treatment. We believe, and the Second Circuit Court agreed,
      that they and Mr. Buchwald have a constitutional right to equal
      protection of their choices. As we all know, in 1997 the Supreme
      Court disagreed and punted to state lawmakers to correct the
      injustice. We also help people not on life-sustaining treatment with
      aid in dying. This is why we fight for its legalization in
      California and Vermont today, and will fight in every state tomorrow.
      Because, as Art Buchwald says, "If you have to go, the way you go is
      a very big deal.": http://tinyurl.com/mmnj6
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Articles: Free Living Will and Advance Directives download:
      http://tinyurl.com/qx4cz

      --- Articles: Document Database of End-of-Life Information:
      http://tinyurl.com/mux9v

      --- Website: Compassion & Choices Services:
      http://tinyurl.com/m69vo

      --- Website: Art Buchwald entry on Wikipedia encyclopedia:
      http://tinyurl.com/mktd8

      --- Books: All titles by Timothy Quill, M.D. (the leading expert
      on palliative care research and end-of-life issues:
      http://tinyurl.com/mktd8

      How To Have A Good Death
      (A new BBC documentary on terminal illness)
      (March 30, 2006) (BBC Health)
      This BBC documentary aired on March 30, 2006 and explored the
      world of palliative care in Britain's hospitals. At their website,
      you can find out more information about this documentary and about
      end of life care in Britain. You can also download their free ebook
      "Planning for a Good Death." You can also watch a video clip of
      the show and check out all their resources about preparing for
      this important transition. The Planning a Good Death booklet covers
      areas such as care during illness, putting your affairs in order,
      wills and planning a funeral, as well as information to help you
      deal with the emotional aspects of dying and bereavement.
      http://tinyurl.com/lcldh
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- PDF: "Planning a Good Death" Ebook: http://tinyurl.com/o2a2m

      --- Website: BBC Live2Live site: http://tinyurl.com/sykya

      --- Website: BBC TV Channels: http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/

      --- DVD: BBC documentary "The Day I Died: The Mind, the Brain, and
      Near-Death Experiences": http://tinyurl.com/mh8yc

      Renowned Bird Flu Expert Warns: Be Prepared
      ("Even odds" that the virus mutate to an easily transmitted form)
      (March 14, 2006) (ABC News)
      "Society just can't accept the idea that 50 percent of the
      population could die. And I think we have to face that possibility,"
      Webster said. "I'm sorry if I'm making people a little frightened,
      but I feel it's my role." Most scientists won't put it that bluntly,
      but many acknowledge that Webster could be right about the flu
      becoming transmissible among humans, even though they believe the 50
      percent figure could be too high. Researcher Dr. Anne Moscona at New
      York Weill Cornell Medical Center said that a human form may not
      mutate this year or next -- or ever -- but it would be foolish to
      ignore the dire consequences if it did. "If bird flu becomes not bird
      flu but mutates into a form that can be transmitted between humans,
      we could then have a spread like wildfire across the globe," Moscona
      said: http://tinyurl.com/krxx9
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: What You Should Do To Prepare For An Epidemic:
      http://tinyurl.com/mwftm

      --- PDF: Download the free PDF ebook "The Bird Flu Report":
      http://tinyurl.com/lme9q

      Geomagnetic Flip May Not Be Random After All
      (Physicists predict the shift of the Earth's magnetic field)
      (March 21, 2006) (Physics Web)
      One of the most fascinating natural phenomena on Earth is the
      flipping of its magnetic field, which has occurred hundreds of
      times in the last 160 million years. When the magnetic field flips,
      the North Pole becomes the South Pole and vice versa. The
      last time this happened was some 780,000 years ago, so we
      could be heading for another reversal soon. Now, physicists
      in Italy have found that the frequency of these polarity reversals
      is not random as previously thought but occurs in clusters,
      revealing some kind of "memory" of previous events. Although
      a full geomagnetic polarity reversal can take thousands of years
      to complete, the implications could be enormous. As well as
      affecting the migration trajectories of birds and other animals,
      the disruption to the Earth's magnetic field could expose the
      Earth to hazardous cosmic rays -- a scenario that some researchers
      have linked to mass extinction events like the one that wiped out
      the dinosaurs around 65 million years ago. Geoscientists believe
      that our planet's internal magnetic dynamo is responsible for pole
      reversals, but the actual mechanism is not well understood.
      http://tinyurl.com/oavut
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: Cayce's Earth Changes Prediction Fulfilled:
      http://tinyurl.com/peehm

      --- Article: The NDE and the Future: http://tinyurl.com/a9op2

      --- Book: "When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance and
      Planetary Survival" by Matthew Stein: http://tinyurl.com/rwaqt

      Archive of NDEs in the News

      Read all the major news articles concerning the NDE and related
      phenomenon from 1995 to current. This is a permanent archive to
      ensure that these news articles will always be available on the
      internet: http://neardeath.home.comcast.net

      Free Email Alerts

      *** Sign up to receive free news email alerts from GOOGLE News
      concerning the "near-death experience." http://www.google.com/alerts

      *** Sign up to receive free news email alerts from YAHOO News
      concerning the "near-death experience." http://alerts.yahoo.com/

      =========================================================================================================================(3) Q and A with Dr. P.M.H. Atwater
      An in-depth look at the near-death phenomenon
      =========================================================================================================================
      In this section of the newsletter, P.M.H. will answer a question
      submitted to her from subscribers to this newsletter. If you have a
      question that you would like her to answer for this column, just email
      your question to me at: webmaster@... for consideration.

      QUESTION: "My question has to do with my near-death experience
      back in 1979. I was shown what I should be doing with my life and told
      what the purpose of my life is. The problem for me is I am not doing
      what I was shown I should be doing, and I always hope and question
      that what I am doing today - is that good enough? The purpose of my
      life is tied to what I was shown, but I still feel that I am
      accomplishing that or at least partially accomplishing it with the
      life I lead today. Do you, yourself, have a response to this?"
      -- Scott

      P.M.H. ANSWER: "Scott, this is a question that strikes at the heart
      of every near-death or near-death-like experiencer. There is no
      absolute here, for the issue is a spiritual one between the
      experiencer and his or her relationship with God. You were at least
      shown your purpose, Scott. That means you know what it is. Many were
      never even given a clue. There is tremendous comfort in knowing what
      it is. Yet, as you indicated, sometimes that knowledge is not
      necessarily helpful. What if you can't or won't fulfill your task?
      What if ... [ Read more at this web page: http://tinyurl.com/8wwbv ]

      PMH's NDE links:
      --- Her Official Website: http://www.pmhatwater.com
      --- Her Multimedia page: http://tinyurl.com/9nmxc
      --- Her Marketplace (a public service): http://tinyurl.com/q54st

      =========================================================================================================================(4) Books on the NDE
      =========================================================================================================================
      --- NDE books and videos are available at the Near-Death Online Store:
      http://tinyurl.com/bk3td

      The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God
      In Everything, Including Us into the Nature of Life and Death"
      by Gary Schwartz, William Simon (Available: Now)
      Schwartz, a University of Arizona professor of psychology and
      neurology, believes passionately that 21st-century science
      provides clues to G.O.D. -- the "Guiding, Organizing, Designing"
      process animating the universe. With the fervor of an evangelist,
      he draws on quantum physics, psychology, mathematics and
      evolutionary biology to convert unbelievers to the idea that this
      G.O.D. exists. He underwent his own conversion after testing
      the claims of a man who said that his dreams could foretell the
      future. In a kind of double-blind 10-day experiment, Schwartz
      found that the man's dreams accurately described locations,
      randomly selected, for them to visit each day.
      http://tinyurl.com/lvz6g
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: Gary Schwartz's Open Mind Sciences:
      http://www.openmindsciences.com

      --- Website: Gary Schwartz's VERITAS Research Program:
      http://veritas.arizona.edu

      --- Book: "The Afterlife Experiments: Breakthrough Scientific
      Evidence of Life After Death" by Gary Schwartz, William Simon
      http://tinyurl.com/s7mrs

      "Talking With Angel: About Illness, Death, and Survival"
      by Evelyn Elsaesser-Valarino (Available: Now)
      The author has studied near-death experiences for over twenty
      years and collaborated with Ken Ring on "Lessons from the
      Light: What We Can Learn from the Near-Death Experience"
      (2000). She is also the author of "On the Other Side of Life:
      Exploring the phenomenon of Near-Death Experience" (1997).
      "Talking With Angel" is the moving story of a young girl battling
      leukemia. She realizes she is going to die and receives hope
      and comfort through nightly conversations with her favourite doll
      "Angel", who helps her embrace a new perspective on dying
      and the possibility that consciousness may survive after death.
      Her fear of death is ultimately lifted by new-found spiritual wisdom
      and by the account of a near-death experience told to her by a
      young companion: http://tinyurl.com/7gdle
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: The Official Site of Evelyn Elsaesser-Valarino:
      http://www.elsaesser-valarino.com/

      --- Book: All Titles by Evelyn Elsaesser-Valarino:
      http://tinyurl.com/bko3d

      "Animals and the Afterlife: True Stories of Our Best Friends'
      Journey Beyond Death"
      by Kim Sheridan (Available: Now)
      Do animals have souls? What happens when they die? This
      subject has been the author's lifelong passion, and she has
      made it her personal quest to find the answers. Along with her
      own experiences, she has compiled the extraordinary experiences
      of ordinary people that provides overwhelming evidence that
      their does exist an afterlife for pets and animals. Today she
      is a highly respected and sought after expert on this subject.
      Much of her time is devoted not only to animals but to those who
      are left behind when they pass. Kim's book provides reassurance
      to anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet and provides
      insight into the animal kingdom's place in the larger scheme
      of things - both on Earth and in the spirit realm.
      http://tinyurl.com/bxvv8
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Articles: NDEs involving reunions with deceased pets:
      http://tinyurl.com/qumdy

      --- Website: The Official Site of Kim Sheridan:
      http://www.animalsandtheafterlife.com/

      "Divine Nudges: Tales of Angelic Intervention"
      by Catherine Lanigan (Available: Now)
      In a series of illuminating tales, Lanigan takes us through the
      incredible ways in which angels have brought her family and
      friends to a greater awareness of the unseen world. Lanigan
      shares her own near-death experience, the miraculous cure
      of her brother who was in perilous circumstances but narrowly
      escaped, and a visit from the afterlife by her grandmother,
      along with other tales of ghosts and angels. Through these
      experiences, we learn we are not alone and we are always
      protected. Be they angels, or loved ones who have become
      angels, these forces in our lives renew our faith in the divine.
      http://tinyurl.com/9vkvm
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Website: Biography of Catherine Lanigan: http://tinyurl.com/azekp

      --- Books: All Titles by Catherine Lanigan: http://tinyurl.com/afg6o

      "A Casebook of Otherworldly Music"
      by D. Scott Rogo (Available: Now)
      This book is a unique examination of an often-neglected subject:
      psychic music. The book was originally titled "NAD: A Study
      of Some Unusual "Other World" Experiences." What is NAD?
      It's a Sanskrit term signifying transcendental, astral, psychic,
      or paranormal music - music heard from no apparent source.
      This book is Vol. 1 of "Paranormal Music Experiences." Vol. 2
      is entitled "A Psychic Study of the Music of the Spheres."
      Also recently released is another book by Rogo called "The
      Search for Yesterday" which offers a critical and scientific
      examination of reincarnation: http://tinyurl.com/bswq6
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: A Tribute to the D. Scott Rogo: http://tinyurl.com/7zyr2

      --- Article: "Some Personal Thoughts on Survival":
      http://tinyurl.com/7n62h

      --- Books: All Titles by D. Scott Rogo: http://tinyurl.com/bg7hk

      "Conversations on Consciousness: What the Best Minds
      Think about the Brain, Free Will, and What It Means to Be Human"
      by Susan Blackmore (Available: Now)
      NDE skeptic Susan Blackmore began conducting interviews
      with leading figures in the study of consciousness for a proposed
      (but never realized) radio series. Here in book form, organized
      alphabetically, are 20 transcripts with scientists such as the
      late Francis Crick, Daniel Dennett, Roger Penrose, David
      Chalmers, Stuart Hameroff, and others. Blackmore asks, What's
      the problem with consciousness? Why does it differ from other
      targets of scientific inquiry? Blackmore also asks them why they
      chose to study consciousness. Several refer to a fascination with
      altered states of consciousness. Many abandoned fruitful research
      careers in other areas to pursue these questions. Perhaps the
      most extreme case is that of Francis Crick, a physicist who won
      the Nobel Prize by decoding DNA's structure and then at age 60
      turned his attention to consciousness work for a quarter of a
      century. Crick's interview by Blackmore was his last; he died
      shortly thereafter, in July 2004: http://tinyurl.com/78vnc
      *** Related items of interest:

      --- Article: Susan Blackmore on near-death.com:
      http://tinyurl.com/pmlbd

      --- Website: The Official Site of Susan Blackmore:
      http://www.susanblackmore.co.uk/

      --- Book: All Titles by Susan Blackmore: http://tinyurl.com/8hte3

      =========================================================================================================================(5) IANDS in the Spotlight
      =========================================================================================================================
      IANDS is the premier research organization in the field of
      near-death studies. If you haven't yet joined this wonderful
      organization, I encourage you to join online at their membership
      page. There are many benefits for being a member. Their
      quarterly newsletter Vital Signs is alone worth becoming a
      member.

      --- Home page: http://www.iands.org
      --- Join IANDS: http://www.iands.org/joincard.html
      --- Shop at IANDS: http://tinyurl.com/8cxns

      HEADLINES FROM IANDS:
      IANDS News Page: http://iands.org/news/?cat==1
      (a) The Ultimate NDE Video
      (b) IANDS makes "The Day I Died" video available
      (c) Expanded Version of Research Bibliography on CD-ROM

      This newsletter is currently hosted by Yahoo Groups.
      You can visit the home page for this newsletter at Yahoo Groups
      for more information about this free newsletter service:

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others.
      Search for past issues of this newsletter:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters.html