Near-Death Newsletter -- October 1, 2004

  • neardeathexperiencewebmaster
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      "The best way to get to heaven is to take it with you." - Henry Drummond

      =======================================================================================================================================Near-Death Newsletter................................October 1, 2004
      www.near-death.com ..........................Vol. 03, No. 10, Ed. 01
      15th of the month. The mission of this newsletter is to inform,
      enlighten, entertain, and aid the public in understanding the
      latest in all things concerning the NDE and related phenomena
      by promoting the International Association for Near-Death
      Studies (IANDS), NDE researchers, experiencers, multimedia
      resources, and events.

      [Disclaimer: This newsletter is not affiliated with IANDS; but is
      dedicated to the IANDS mission.]

      Visit IANDS website at http://www.iands.org and join the
      premier organization for NDE research.

      Visit the NDE Online Store to find NDE multimedia products such
      as NDE books, documentaries, movies, music, magazines, & journals.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=bed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      To SUBSCRIBE to the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      =======================================================================================================================================Online version of the Near-Death Newsletter
      =======================================================================================================================================
      The online version of this newsletter can be found at this web page:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters/2004/1001.html

      For AOL and Compuserve users:

      =======================================================================================================================================Table of Contents
      =======================================================================================================================================
      (1) NDEs in the news
      (2) Events, conferences, workshops
      (3) What's new on near-death.com
      (4) Q & A with Dr. PMH Atwater
      (5) Books on the NDE
      (6) Websites on the NDE
      (7) Support the search for the afterlife
      (8) Odds and ends

      =======================================================================================================================================(1) NDEs in the news
      =======================================================================================================================================
      *** Will Aron Ralston Settle Down After His Vvivid Near-Death Experience?
      BOULDER, CO -- (The Daily Camera)
      Leaving his body, he walks through an imagined door in the
      wall, into a living room and sees a blond 3-year-old boy, whom
      he immediately recognizes as his future son. He scoops the
      boy into his left arm, and using a handless right arm, balances
      him up to his left shoulder, laughing.
      http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/books/article/0,1713,BDC_2516_3189818,00.html

      *** Heaven Can Wait
      SIOUX FALLS, SD -- (Keloland TV)
      Weston says she had another near death-experience at twenty-nine,
      when her heart gave out. Once again, her encounter with death
      was bathed in soothing light. "As I got closer I could see globes
      of light that were other people, not people in bodies, but people
      in spirit."
      http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=",34773

      *** Hale Recounts Horror on Lake Huron
      GODERICH, ONTARIO -- (Goderich Signal-Star)
      Hale said he saw himself floating on soft clouds above the
      lake and felt calm and had no more worries. He saw a vivid green
      field and a curved wooden bridge with his deceased family
      members and friends on the other side. An angel showed him
      a book of his life's events and said, "let's see what
      you've learned." He didn't feel judged or guilty, just
      thoughtful as his life flashed before him.
      http://www.goderichsignalstar.com/story.php?id=8417

      *** Dale Jr. Says Dad Helped Him Out of Fiery Wreck
      NEW YORK, NY -- (FoxSports.com)
      Earnhardt told 60 Minutes he grabbed one of his representatives
      by the collar, "screaming at him to find the guy that pulled me out
      of the car. He was like, "Nobody helped you get out," and I was
      like, "That's strange because I swear somebody ... had me
      underneath ... my arms and was carrying me out of the car."
      http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3043144

      *** Forensic Pathologist Writes About Those Who Have Seen The Light
      MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- (TwinCities.com)
      Three nights later, she awoke again to see him standing in a gentle
      light, his grandmother at his side. He said, "Tell my mom I am fine;
      tell her I love her and I am not alone." The next day, the woman
      telephoned his mother in the Twin Cities. It was then the former
      baby sitter learned that, three nights earlier, Greg Bare died in a
      Minnesota car crash.
      http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/9774567.htm

      *** Has Paul Gauguin Returned to Discover One of His Own
      Previously Unknown Drawings?
      BREMERTON, WA -- (PRWeb)
      Peter Teekamp is a self-taught artist and near-death experiencer
      living in Washington state who accidentally discovered a drawing
      that might be worth millions. He believes the drawing to be an
      original artwork by the famous 19th century post-impressionist
      artist Paul Gauguin.
      http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/9/prwebxml161161.php

      *** Download FREE ebook "Tranceformers: Shamans of the
      21st Century" by Dr. John Jay Harper
      SACRAMENTO, CA -- (Near-Death Newsletter)
      This is a limited time offer through the month of October.
      All of us have an innate ability to bring our unconscious mind
      into conscious focus through the lens of trance. Shamans,
      such as those old "medicine men" or "doctors of
      souls" are nothing more—or less—than new prototypes, role
      models for mankind. Humanity's third eye is opening to
      miracles, angelic visitations, and life after death. Find
      out more about our evolution into beings of light. We are
      the Shamans of the 21st Century.
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/experts13.html

      *** Resident Looks For Hospice Volunteers
      BLOOMFIELD, CT -- (Bloomfield Journal)
      Elisabeth Kubler-Ross died in August at the age of 78; her
      book "On Death and Dying" helped people talk openly about
      death and produced the hospice movement, which provides
      comfort in life's last hours.
      http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=051386&BRD=50&PAG=F1&dept_id=156&rfi==6

      *** Film Review: The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
      BELFAST, IRELAND -- (Belfast Telegraph)
      Not even Sellers's long struggle with a heart condition can
      salvage much pathos, and the razzle-dazzle pyrotechnics
      that director Stephen Hopkins stages as Sellers undergoes
      a near-death experience are brilliant but empty. It's rather
      hard to care when that heart has been made to look, for
      most of its owner's life, untouchable.
      http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/story.jsp?story=V7723
      Peter Sellers' NDE: http://www.near-death.com/famous.html

      *** Archive of NDEs in the News
      Read all the major news articles concerning the NDE and related
      phenomenon from 1995 to current. This is a permanent archive to
      ensure that these news articles will always be available on
      the internet.
      http://neardeath.home.comcast.net

      *** Sign up to receive free news email alerts from
      GOOGLE News concerning the "near-death experience."
      http://www.google.com/alerts?q==&hl==en

      *** Sign up to recieve free news email alerts from
      YAHOO News concerning the "near-death experience."
      http://alerts.yahoo.com

      =======================================================================================================================================(2) Events, Conferences, Workshops
      =======================================================================================================================================
      *** October 7 - 10, 2004 - 2nd Annual North American Conference
      on Children's Spirituality - Asilomar Conference Grounds, Pacific
      Grove, California, USA - Plan to attend this groundbreaking
      conference – bringing together world-renown scholars,
      researchers, teachers, religious educators, counselors, community
      leaders, parents, grandparents and others interested in exploring
      the remarkable richness of children's spiritual life. Small and
      large group presentations and discussions on numerous topics focus
      on educating the whole child, innovative spiritual and religious
      curriculum, research and theory, intuitive and imaginative
      development, and spiritual parenting, counseling and community. A
      partial list of workshops and topics include: Children's Mystical
      Experiences: Implications for Human Development, Neurobiology
      and Spirituality, Children's Past Life: Revealing the Souls of
      Children, Psychic Experiences of Children: Blessing or Curse?, The
      Sixth Sense of Children, Transcendent Consciousness and the Cultures
      that Inspire It.
      http://www.noetic.org/events/childspirit_04/index.html

      *** October 9 - 10, 2004 - "The Marriage of Science and Spirituality" -
      Living The Field Conference 2004 - The Logan Hall,
      Bedford Way, London, UK - Among the speakers which include Edgar
      Mitchell, Karl Pribram, Raymond Moody and Stanley Krippner, Cleve
      Backster, Craig Webb, Skip Atwater, and Joe McMoneagle. It will be
      two days packed with insights and revelations, and a full workshop
      programme will also give you the chance to put theory into practice.
      It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see and hear some of the
      world¹s leading physicists, psychics and spiritual pioneers - all
      in one insight-packed weekend.
      http://www.wddty.co.uk/thefield/conference_main.asp

      *** October 21 - 24, 2004 - ParaWorldExpo 2004
      Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California, USA - If
      it's outside of the box, it's all under one roof exclusively at the
      ParaWorldExpo - over fifty internationally recognized experts in
      parapsychology including Dr. PMH Atwater (NDEs), Dr. Stanton
      Friedman (UFOs), Dr. David Morehouse (Remote Viewing), Dr. Walter
      Semkiw (Reincarnation), Carol Bowman, MS (Children's past lives),
      and Dr. Hans Holzer (Parapsychology).
      http://www.gtameetings.com/ParaWorld/paraworld_expo.htm

      *** October 23 - 24, 2004 - New Science Ancient Wisdom Conference
      DoubleTree, 6120 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd., Atlanta, GA
      Presenters: Dannion Brinkley, Claude Swanson, Tricia McCannon,
      Ray Dodd, and Lisa VanderBoom. Includes musical entertainment and
      banquet. Sponsored by The Institute of Noetic Sciences, Oracle 20/20
      Magazine, The Twilight Brigade, LightStream Productions, Lisa Iris,
      and the White Wolf Gallery.
      http://www.newscienceancientwisdom.com/

      *** Visit the NDE Conferences page for more upcoming events
      http://www.near-death.com/conferences.html

      =======================================================================================================================================(3) What's new on near-death.com
      =======================================================================================================================================
      The following are the latest additions to near-death.com:

      *** The NDE and Told Not Ready
      Many experiencers are told that they are not ready to die and
      that they must return to life. Sometimes they are told some
      variation of this such as, "Your mission is not complete." So
      many experiencers are told this that it makes one wonder
      how could so many people be hallucinating the same thing
      if indeed the NDE is just a hallucination?
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research31.html

      *** Critique of Susan Blackmore's Dying Brain Hypothesis
      I previously had Greg Stone's old version of his outstanding
      critique on my website for a long time. This is the much newer
      and updated version which includes feedback from skeptic
      Susan Blackmore.
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/articles001.html

      *** Circumstantial Evidence for Survival
      This page was given a much needed update to include all the
      latest evidence supporting the Afterlife Hypothesis. Recommended
      sources were added including links to new phenomena such as
      reincarnation evidence, astrological evidence, evidence from
      consciousness studies, prayer studies, and paranormal evidence.
      http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html

      *** What's New page
      All the recent additions to this website are also listed on the
      "What's New" page on my website.
      http://www.near-death.com/whatsnew.html

      =======================================================================================================================================(4) Q and A with Dr. P.M.H. Atwater
      An in-depth look at the near-death phenomenon
      =======================================================================================================================================
      In this section of the newsletter, PMH Atwater will answer a
      question submitted to her from subscribers to this newsletter. If
      you have a question that you would like her to answer for this
      column, just email your question to me at: webmaster@...
      for consideration.

      P.M.H. Atwater's latest books:

      "The New Children and Near-Death Experiences"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591430208/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      "We Live Forever: The Real Truth About Death"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0876044925/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      QUESTION: "Watching and listening to Reagan's demise due
      to Alzheimer's, I heard two things that glued me ... (1) At a
      point early in his illness it is reported that someone showed
      Reagan a picture of the White House, and he said that he
      recognized it and knew it was important in his life but he
      didn't know how or why. And, of course, in the running of the
      illness, he eventually lost all touch with this realm from all
      appearances. (2) Just before making the transition, he
      looked into the eyes of Nancy in apparent full recognition.
      She reportedly made the remark that it was the best gift he
      could have given her. I don't doubt any of this. When one
      has lost all apparent contact with this reality, is it because
      that essence is gone partly away and is no longer close
      enough to stimulate the physical brain? And would there
      be a final coming close enough of essence just before final
      departure to stimulate the brain to allow it to transmit a message,
      verbal or other, to those nearby? Thanks for your thoughts, Gerry"

      PMH ATWATER'S ANSWER: "Gerry, no one knows for certain
      how this works, but here is what I have seen and sensed. During
      the dying process, the soul of the individual goes in and out.
      I have yet to be around someone whose essence, as you called
      it, stayed intact within the body the whole time ... "
      [Read more at: http://www.near-death.com/atwater/index.html ]

      P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D.
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/ or http://www.pmhatwater.com
      http://www.near-death.com/atwater.html
      Marketplace (a public service):
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/rosen.html
      P.M.H. Atwater's Press kit: http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/pmh%20atwater%20press%20kit.pdf
      Book of Columns: http://www.iands.org/pmh_columns.html

      =======================================================================================================================================(5) Books on the NDE
      =======================================================================================================================================
      *** The NDE Online Store includes NDE books, videos, movies,
      documentaries, magazines, and other media.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=bed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      *** The Mystic Mind-Science and the Supernatural
      by Crystal Love (Availability: Now)
      The author provides scientific, religious, and metaphysical
      evidence support for phenomena such as near-death and
      out-of body experiences, reincarnation, astrology, telepathy,
      hypnosis, and hands-on healing. Appealing to both believers
      and the skeptics, the evidence forces a rethinking of supernatural
      phenomena and offers research the mainstream scientific
      community cannot deny.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904132510/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Out-of-Body Exploring: A Beginner's Approach
      by Preston Dennett (Availability: Now)
      Dennett began his own out-of-body exploring decades ago in
      a quest to contact his deceased mother. He shares the
      techniques he used to go out-of-body, as well as the tricks
      that helped him maintain that state for longer periods of time,
      gaining more clarity and confidence all the while. This book
      is a perfect primer for anyone wanting to try astral projection.
      It takes a step-by-step approach to the techniques for mastering
      out-of-body experiences and includes the author's tricks which
      help him maintain this fragile state of consciousness.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1571744096/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Dream Finder: Discovering the Divine through Your Dreams
      by Philip Dunn, Sangeet Duchane (Availability: Now)
      It is generally understood in metaphysical circles that dreams
      are similar in nature to NDEs in that they are out-of-body
      journeys to other dimensions. In his book, Philip Dunn presents
      four distinct meditation techniques to try before sleep in
      preparation for dreaming (called dream incubation). Instructions
      include specific methods of entering a lucid dream, recognizing
      the dream state, remaining in or returning to the lucid dream,
      performing tasks in and controlling the direction of the dream,
      neutralizing nightmares, and waking from a dream. Dunn also
      provides techniques to use after waking to remember, record,
      and understand dreams, gives helpful guidelines for interpretation.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0740741756/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Forever Ours: Real Stories of Immortality and Living From
      a Forensic Pathologist - by Janis Amatuzio (Availability: Now)
      Forensic pathologist Janis Amatuzio knows from experience
      that there is more to death than simply the cessation of breath.
      From her first experience of a patient dying in her care to the
      miraculous "appearances" of loved ones after death, she began
      recording these experiences which cannot be explained in
      purely physical terms.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1577314816/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Letters from the Afterlife: A Guide to the Other Side
      by Katherine Hart, Elsa Barker (Availability: Now)
      This book is a reprint of the 1914 classic originally published as
      "Letters from a Living Dead Man" which gained widespread
      popularity and was hailed for helping remove the fear of dying.
      It is the true story of after-death communication recorded by a
      woman who discovered that, through a process called "automatic
      writing," she could be an instrument for communication with a
      deceased attorney named David Hatch. The book is the record
      of Hatch's experience after death in minute detail, including how
      loved ones find each other and the relationship with higher beings.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1582701210/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Under The Tree
      by Greg Stone (Availability: Now)
      Readers are transported into the post mortem state in this
      novel of the near death experience. Under the Tree follows in
      the tradition of The Tibetan Book of the Dead. Death, dying
      and the afterlife are explored from the point of view of characters
      entangled in a life-and-death crisis.
      http://www.visitunderthetree.com/book/index.html

      =======================================================================================================================================(6) Websites on the NDE
      =======================================================================================================================================
      IANDS is the premier research organization in the field of
      near-death studies. If you haven't yet joined this wonderful
      organization, I encourage you to join online at their membership
      page. There are many benefits for being a member. Their quarterly
      newsletter Vital Signs is alone worth becoming a member.

      Home page: http://www.iands.org
      Join IANDS: https://www.iands.org/joincard.html

      SEPTEMBER 8 - 10, 2005 - IANDS Annual Conference
      A.R.E. Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
      Check out the IANDS Conference information page.
      http://www.iands.org/conf.html

      The Outstanding Websites of Jeff Long, M.D. and Jody Long, J.D.

      If you haven't yet checked out all three of the Long's research
      websites, you are missing out on a wealth of information.
      See the remarkable changes going on by Jody, the webmaster
      extraordinaire, who has created perhaps the most awe-
      inspiring and most comprehensive metaphysical database on
      the net and in the world. Kudos!

      *** Near Death Experience Research Foundation
      NDERF is devoted to the study of NDE and support of those
      experiencing NDE and related experiences. NDERF has the
      largest selection of published NDE accounts in the world!
      http://www.nderf.org/

      *** After Death Communication Research Foundation
      ADCRF is devoted to the study of after death communication
      and support of those experiencing an ADC, or provides a
      message of hope to those in grieving from loss of a loved one.
      ADCRF has extensive information and resources regarding
      after death communication (ADC), bereavement, grief, and
      life after death.
      http://www.adcrf.org/

      *** Out of Body Experience Research Foundation
      OBERF is devoted to studying the spiritual spectrum events
      that do not fit into the categories of NDE or ADC. These
      include NDE-like experiences, out of body experiences, and
      spiritually transformative events. OBERF Out of Body
      Experience (OBE) spiritually transformative events,
      consciousness studies, extensive information and research.
      People share their stories and learn more about different
      states of consciousness.
      http://www.oberf.org/

      *** If you know of any new NDE website or web article you would
      like to see profiled, email to me the address of the website at:
      webmaster@...

      =======================================================================================================================================(7) Support the search for the afterlife
      =======================================================================================================================================
      *** How can your usual online shopping raise funds for near-death
      research without any extra cost to you? By joining the free charity
      website called iGive.com. Then whenever you shop online and
      make a purchase at eBay, Barnes & Noble, Land's End, Florist.com,
      Amazon.com or over 500 other participating websites, iGive.com has
      arranged to automatically direct up to 27% of the purchase price
      near-death research (IANDS) as a contribution. Become a part of
      the family of people who are working to bring proof of life after
      death to this world! Just click on the link for more info.
      http://www.near-death.com/iands_charity.html

      This newsletter is currently hosted by Yahoo Groups.
      You can visit the home page for this newsletter at Yahoo Groups
      for more information about this free newsletter service:

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others.
      Search for past issues of this newsletter:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters.html

      =======================================================================================================================================Copyright (c) 2004 Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife

      Peace and Light,

      Kevin R. Williams
      "Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife"
      http://www.near-death.com
      "Nothing Better Than Death"
      http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=695
      "After you die, you wear what you are." - St. Teresa of Avila