Near-Death Newsletter -- August 1, 2004

  • neardeathexperiencewebmaster
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      "Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon
      as the end of the ocean." - David Searls

      15th of the month. The mission of this newsletter is to inform,
      enlighten, entertain, and aid the public in understanding the
      latest in all things concerning the NDE and related phenomena
      by promoting the International Association for Near-Death
      Studies (IANDS), NDE researchers, experiencers, multimedia
      resources, and events.

      [Disclaimer: This newsletter is not affiliated with IANDS; but is
      dedicated to the IANDS mission.]

      Visit IANDS website at http://www.iands.org and join the
      premier organization for NDE research.

      Visit the NDE Online Store to find NDE multimedia products such
      as NDE books, documentaries, movies, music, magazines, & journals.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?
      ID=bed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      To SUBSCRIBE to the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ===========================================================================================================================Table of Contents
      ===========================================================================================================================
      (1) NDEs in the news
      (2) Events, conferences, workshops
      (3) Notes from the webmaster
      (4) What's new on near-death.com
      (5) Q & A with Dr. PMH Atwater
      (6) Books on the NDE
      (7) Websites on the NDE
      (8) Support the search for the afterlife
      (9) Odds and ends

      ===========================================================================================================================(1) NDEs in the news
      ===========================================================================================================================
      *** The NDE News Archive is back up with a new address!
      http://neardeath.home.comcast.net/

      *** An Apostle's Farewell
      SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- (The Salt Lake City Tribune)
      "In 1989, Haight gave a memorable speech about a near-death
      experience he had after an aortic aneurysm. Struck with intense
      pain, Haight said he leaned over the tub while his wife called the
      doctor, praying to God for "a little more time to do his work."
      As he lost consciousness, Haight said he had the sense of "being
      in a holy presence and atmosphere" where he witnessed "a
      panoramic view of [Christ's] earthly ministry: his baptism, his
      teaching, his healing the sick and lame, the mock trial, his
      Crucifixion, his Resurrection and Ascension."
      http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2386011

      *** Monkey At Zoo Walking On Two Legs After Near-Death Experience
      JERUSALEM, ISRAEL -- (WFTV News)
      "A young monkey at an Israeli zoo has started walking on its
      hind legs only -- aping humans -- after a near death experience,
      the zoo's veterinarian said Wednesday. Natasha, a 5-year-old
      black macaque at the Safari Park near Tel Aviv, began walking
      exclusively on her hind legs after a stomach ailment nearly killed
      her, zookeepers said."
      http://www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3559961/detail.html
      See video here: http://www.local6.com/news/3582929/detail.html

      *** Spielberg's "Nine Lives"
      LOS ANGELES, CA -- (E! Online)
      "Nine Lives is being produced for cable's Sci Fi Channel. It may
      be beamed to TVs in 2005. Plot details are being guarded as closely
      as Area 51. The network describes Nine Lives as "an epic story of
      love, death and beyond." ("Love," "death" and "beyond" were the only
      descriptors Spielberg allowed to be used in the network press
      release.) (Note: This is an upcoming miniseries which focuses on
      nine people who have had near-death experiences and their attempts
      to bridge the gap between now and the afterlife. Don't miss this!)
      http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,12657,00.html

      *** Lightning Strike Puts Local Man Face to Face with Dead Relatives
      PENSACOLA, FL -- (NBC15.com)
      "Southern was struck by lightning. It was an indirect hit, but the
      jolt knocked him out and seemingly threw him face to face with his
      dearly departed. His sister, who died four years ago in a car
      accident, came through the strongest. "She was looking at me
      really weird like, 'What are you doing here?'"
      http://wpmi.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=±6CB621-4F90-4D8C-B878-E1B915BE7C10

      *** Seeing Lights, Seeing the Light
      PHILADELPHIA, PA -- (Philadelphia Inquirer)
      "Kitei began a four-year leave from her medical practice to research
      UFOs, and to speak with people who saw the Phoenix Lights.
      Many of the witnesses said that the lights had reminded them of
      near-death experiences they had had earlier in their lives. Kitei
      herself had experienced such an event while under ether during
      a childhood operation. Somehow, Kitei says, the lights triggered
      the memories. And, she adds, witnesses felt as though they had
      been given a message: "If we don't wake up, we will destroy
      ourselves and the Earth." (You may need to sign-up for free
      to read this article)
      http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/9156047.htm?1c

      *** The Third Eye
      KERALA, INDIA -- (The Week)
      "Two persons caught me and took me with them. I felt tired after
      walking some distance; they started to drag me. My feet became
      useless. There was a man sitting up. He looked dreadful and
      was all black. He was not wearing any clothes. He said in a rage
      [to the attendants who brought Vasudev, the narrator of this
      near-death experience] `I had asked you to bring Vasudev the
      gardener. Our garden is drying up. You have brought Vasudev
      the student.'"
      http://www.the-week.com/24jul18/currentevents_article10.htm

      *** Cat Brings Solace to Gravely ill
      DAVENPORT, IA -- (QCTimes.com)
      "A pet tiger cat named Sissy Cat has seemed to know when a
      patient is near death. "Sissy has sensed death with that many
      patients that I know of. When a person is terminally ill —
      I'd say actively dying — that psychic cat will plant herself
      in the person's room and stay until the patient's death. That
      can be for days and days, but she will climb on their bed, or
      sit in the chair with them."
      http://www.qctimes.com/internal.php?story_id=30503&l==1&t==Columnists&c=G,1030503

      ===========================================================================================================================(2) Events, Conferences, Workshops
      ===========================================================================================================================
      *** August 5 - 8, 2004 - "47th Annual Convention of The
      Parapsychological Association" - Hosted by the Austrian Society
      for Parapsychology (ASP) and Border Areas of Science -
      Vienna, Austria - The Parapsychological Association, Inc. (PA)
      is the international professional organization of scientists and
      scholars engaged in the study of "psi" (or "psychic") experiences,
      such as telepathy, clairvoyance, remote viewing, psychokinesis,
      psychic healing, and precognition.
      http://parapsychologie.ac.at/pa-2004/convent.htm

      *** August 13 - 15, 2004 - "Experience Sacred Inner Realms"
      Association for Research and Enlightenment (A.R.E.) - Edgar Cayce
      Virginia Beach Conference - Virginia Beach, VA - Cutting-edge
      researchers show you how to safely enter expansive internal
      states, erasing fear of death, enabling deep peace. Speakers
      include Dr. Raymond Moody, Gilles Bedard, Robert J. Grant, Carol
      Bush, L.C.S.W.
      http://www.edgarcayce.org/conferences/hq_va_beach.html

      *** August 14 - 20, 2004 - "Monroe Institute Gateway Voyage" -
      IONS Retreat Center, 101 San Antonio Rd, Petaluma, California,
      USA - Take a five-day voyage into the farther reaches of your own
      consciousness. With the aid of Hemi-Sync (Hemispheric
      Synchronization) sounds through stereo headphones, the guidance
      of senior trainers, feedback and the group sharing of in-depth
      experiences, you will find yourself carried gently into four
      progressively deeper altered states of consciousness. Voyagers
      learn how to return to these deep states easily at home so that
      they can explore each one further and find their own uses for
      them on their own path toward wisdom. After passing through this
      gateway, graduates are certified to take the more advanced
      trainings at the Monroe Institute TMI) in Virginia.
      http://www.monroeinstitute.org/

      *** September 10 - 12, 2004 - "Soul Survival: A Conference Exploring
      the Evidence for Life After Death" - Omega Institute for Holistic
      Studies, Rhinebeck, New York, USA - Featuring with Dr Raymond Moody,
      Brian Weiss, John Holland and Suzanne Northrop - This special
      gathering - a favorite at Omega the past several years - is an
      extraordinary opportunity to explore the evidence for life after
      death with some of the leaders in soul survival, past-life therapy,
      reincarnation, communication with the deceased, and the afterlife.
      http://www.eomega.org/omega/workshops/515197a74ca5895c00f0c9293d6e7b1a/

      *** October 21 - 24, 2004 - ParaWorldExpo 2004
      Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, California, USA - If
      it's outside of the box, it's all under one roof exclusively at the
      ParaWorldExpo - Over fifty internationally recognized experts in
      parapsychology including Dr. PMH Atwater (NDEs), Dr. Stanton
      Friedman (UFOs), Dr. David Morehouse (Remote Viewing), Dr. Walter
      Semkiw (Reincarnation), Carol Bowman, MS (Children's past lives),
      and Dr. Hans Holzer (Parapsychology).
      http://www.paraworldexpo.com/home.htm

      *** Visit the NDE Conferences page for more upcoming events
      http://www.near-death.com/conferences.html

      ===========================================================================================================================(3) Notes from the webmaster
      ===========================================================================================================================
      Kevin Williams writes: Why God Doesn't Know The Future

      QUESTION: I am disturbed by the visions of future events that
      a number of near-death experiencers report being shown. They
      always seem to be so catastrophic in nature. No doubt, Dannion
      Brinkley was correct in his NDE-given visions of the first Gulf War
      and the fall of Communism. But when experiencers report being
      shown visions of future events, and these events do not happen
      in the timeframe suggested, one cannot blame the skeptical for
      believing that they are discredited. Please tell me how I could be
      mistaken.

      ANSWER: This may sound like a cop-out but there is a valid
      reason why prophecies from reliable sources do not come to
      pass. On the face of it, when a specific prophecy does not happen,
      it would appear that it becomes a "false prophecy" from a "false
      prophet". In the Bible, false prophets are especially damnable.
      [Read more here: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/editorial04.html ]

      Peace and Light,
      Kevin Williams

      ===========================================================================================================================(4) What's new on near-death.com
      ===========================================================================================================================
      The following are the latest additions to near-death.com:

      *** Christian Andréason's NDE
      This NDE testimonial is about the most fascinating NDE I have
      ever read. For reasons that you will discover for yourself, I
      consider his experience as the most inspirational I've ever read.
      His testimony is filled with new insights - new "pieces" to fit
      into your NDE cosmology puzzle. I have included his testimony
      in my Notable NDE section. Don't miss this one!
      http://www.near-death.com/andreason.html

      *** P.M.H. Atwater's "A Book of Columns" ebook
      From June of 1981 until 2004, Dr. Atwater has written a column
      for the prestigious IANDS newsletter "Vital Signs". Now you can
      read all of them in a single ebook which you can download for
      only $15. All profits go to IANDS for the continuance of their
      important service as a clearinghouse of information about the NDE.
      Topics include: The Moment of Death, The Out-of-Body Aspect
      of NDEs, Case Studies That Suggest the Survival of Consciousness
      After Death, NDEs in Children, Heavenly Justice, and many others.
      http://www.iands.org/pmh_columns.html

      *** Editorial pages
      All my editorial articles from my monthly newsletters are archived
      here. These articles contain personal commentaries and opinions
      of mine on a variety of subjects related to the NDE.
      http://www.near-death.com/editorial.html

      *** What's New page
      All the recent additions to this website are also listed on the
      "What's New" page on my website.
      http://www.near-death.com/whatsnew.html

      ===========================================================================================================================(5) Q and A with Dr. P.M.H. Atwater
      An in-depth look at the near-death phenomenon
      ===========================================================================================================================
      In this section of the newsletter, PMH Atwater will answer a
      question submitted to her from subscribers to this newsletter. If
      you have a question that you would like her to answer for this
      column, just email your question to me at:
      webmaster@... for consideration.

      P.M.H. Atwater's latest books:

      "The New Children and Near-Death Experiences"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591430208/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      "We Live Forever: The Real Truth About Death"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0876044925/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      QUESTION: On a page in a section of the Dallas paper was a
      story about a woman's near-death experience. It caught my eye,
      and simply out of bored curiosity and the fact that time allowed,
      I read. And as I read, I had a sensation like I'd never had before
      but have had many times since and have come to welcome. In
      short, the woman had been caught under a waterfall and 'died'
      only to be returned to her body. She recounted the story and
      changes in her life since the experience. Suddenly, as if struck
      by lightning, I "knew" the truth. How from reading the article I
      knew, what at that particular time I suddenly knew, who seemed
      determined for me to know - I can't begin to explain or understand.
      But I knew. And with a passion, I knew. I tried to tell my husband
      who smiled and nodded in a very condescending way, as if to
      say: "She needs something to believe, to hold on to." However,
      I knew this went far beyond a need. It was a divine epiphany.
      That day my entire life changed...

      PMH ATWATER: More people are changed from reading about
      near-death experiences than people who have them. It never
      ceases to amaze me how interconnected we all are, how what
      affects one person affects all persons...
      [Read more from the link provided below]
      http://www.near-death.com/atwater/index.html

      P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D.
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/
      http://www.near-death.com/atwater.html
      Marketplace (a public service):
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/rosen.html
      P.M.H. Atwater's Press kit:
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/pmh%20atwater%20press%20kit.pdf

      ===========================================================================================================================(6) Books on the NDE
      ===========================================================================================================================
      *** The NDE Online Store includes NDE books, videos, movies,
      documentaries, magazines, and other media.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=bed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      *** The Buried Soul: How Humans Invented Death - by Timothy Taylor
      This book presents evidence of how the ancients saw their universe
      and asks how we came to have not only a sense of the afterlife but
      also an image of the soul. It is a groundbreaking investigation of
      the human soul that encompasses phenomena such as near-death
      experiences.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0807046728/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** From the Other Side of the Door - by Jo Devlin
      This book is a collection of true stories of spiritual encounters
      that stem from near-death experiences to visions of departed souls
      to a remarkable coincidence that saved the author's mother's life.
      These are moving accounts that will inspire even skeptics.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1413723497/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** The Weird 100: A Collection of the Strange and the Unexplained
      - by Stephen J. Spignesi - This book presents 100 of the strangest,
      most mystifying riddles on earth including: angels, near-death
      experiences, crop circles, poltergeists, Nostradamus, reincarnation,
      time travel, mythological creatures, and more. Filled with dramatic
      photos and drawings, as well as "pro" and "con" evidence.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0806525231/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Soul Bared - by David Oakford
      David's near-death experience begins with a description of his
      state of mind and life directly before his accidental drug overdose.
      While near-death, he meets a being of light who guides him through
      the solar system. David is then taken to a place near our planet
      which is the equivalent of heaven where he has a life review. After
      the review he becomes aware he must decide to remain in the spirit
      city or return to his physical form. He is shown future events in
      his life and is able to ask questions.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1413723071/ref==nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      ===========================================================================================================================(7) Websites on the NDE
      ===========================================================================================================================
      IANDS is the premier research organization in the field of
      near-death studies. If you haven't yet joined this wonderful
      organization, I encourage you to join online at their membership
      page. There are many benefits for being a member. Their quarterly
      newsletter Vital Signs is alone worth becoming a member.

      Home page: http://www.iands.org
      Join IANDS: https://www.iands.org/joincard.html

      SEPTEMBER 8 - 10, 2005 - IANDS Annual Conference
      A.R.E. Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
      Check out the IANDS Conference information page.
      http://www.iands.org/conf.html

      *** Death Is An Illusion website
      This wonderful website presents the scientific, philosophical and
      metaphysical evidence supporting life after death including
      NDEs, reincarnation, and after-death communications.
      http://www.deathisanillusion.com/

      *** In Another Life: Reincarnation in America
      This is one of the best websites on the subject of reincarnation
      and is the home of the "In Another Life" documentary. It contains
      interviews, articles, book reviews, and a stories section.
      http://www.ial.goldthread.com

      *** Possible Fatal
      Joanie Thurston's website contains information concerning her
      NDE including documentation of the automobile accident that
      almost claimed her life and gave her the NDE. The documentation
      includes the police report and photos of the accident.
      http://www.possiblefatal.com.

      *** Association For Research And Enlightenment
      This is the official Edgar Cayce foundation website and it recently
      underwent an excellent facelft. Tons of information about Cayce
      and his revelations can be found here.
      http://www.are-cayce.com
      Unfortunately, their website does not have a good site map, but
      you can find a limited one on my own Cayce web page at:
      http://www.near-death.com/cayce.html

      *** If you know of any new NDE website or web article you would
      like to see profiled, email to me the address of the website at:
      webmaster@...

      ===========================================================================================================================(8) Support the search for the afterlife
      ===========================================================================================================================
      *** How can your usual online shopping raise funds for near-death
      research without any extra cost to you? By joining the free charity
      website called iGive.com. Then whenever you shop online and
      make a purchase at eBay, Barnes & Noble, Land's End, Florist.com,
      Amazon.com or over 500 other participating websites, iGive.com has
      arranged to automatically direct up to 27% of the purchase price
      near-death research (IANDS) as a contribution. Become a part of
      the family of people who are working to bring proof of life after
      death to this world! Just click on the link for more info.
      http://www.near-death.com/iands_charity.html

      This newsletter is currently hosted by Yahoo Groups.
      You can visit the home page for this newsletter at Yahoo Groups
      for more information about this free newsletter service:

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others.
      Search for past issues of this newsletter:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters.html

      ===========================================================================================================================Copyright (c) 2004 Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife
      ===========================================================================================================================

      Peace and Light,

      Kevin R. Williams
      "Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife"
      http://www.near-death.com
      "Nothing Better Than Death"
      http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=695
      "Death is nothing more than a doorway, something you walk
      through." - Dr. George Ritchie (a near-death experiencer)