Near-Death Newsletter - June 1, 2004

  • Kevin Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      "To not think of dying, is to not think of living." - Jann Arden

      Near-Death Newsletter June 1, 2004
      www.near-death.com Vol. 03, No. 06, Ed. 01
      15th of the month. The mission of this newsletter is to inform,
      enlighten, entertain, and aid the public in understanding the
      latest in all things concerning the NDE and related phenomena
      by promoting the International Association for Near-Death
      Studies (IANDS), NDE researchers, experiencers, multimedia
      resources, and events.

      [Disclaimer: This newsletter is not affiliated with IANDS; but is
      dedicated to the IANDS mission.]

      Visit IANDS website at http://www.iands.org and join the
      premier organization for NDE research.

      Visit the NDE Online Store to find NDE multimedia products such
      as NDE books, documentaries, movies, music, magazines, & journals.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=62ed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      To SUBSCRIBE to the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Table of Contents

      (1) NDEs in the news
      (2) Events concerning the NDE
      (3) Notes from the webmaster
      (4) What's new on near-death.com
      (5) Article on the NDE
      (6) Q & A with Dr. PMH Atwater
      (7) Books on the NDE
      (8) Websites on the NDE
      (9) Support the search for the afterlife
      (10) Odds and ends

      (1) NDEs in the news

      *** Child Pronounced Dead Shows Vital Signs
      BOISE, ID - (Associated Press)
      A hospital worker preparing a drowned toddler for a funeral home
      noticed the boy was breathing - more than an hour after he had been
      pronounced dead.
      http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0504/149980.html

      *** Sex That Makes The Earth Move
      SAN JOSE, CA - (Mercury News)
      But what could be better than sex? How about sex that takes you to
      heavenly realms that is a thousand times more powerful than the most
      earth-shattering orgasm? This is not about Tantric sex. It is about lovers
      who engaged in sex as usual and suddenly found the veil between the
      worlds torn open. Jenny Wade states that it is about the best-kept secret
      in human history: that ordinary people, with no special training, can find
      themselves in different spiritual realms while having sex.
      http://home.comcast.net/~neardeath/news/040523.html
      Jenny Wade's new book: "Transcendent Sex: When Lovemaking Opens the Veil'':
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743482174/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20
      Read about Margaret Birkin's sexual NDE:
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/triggers21.html

      *** Near-Death Survivors Show Brain-Wave Abnormality, Study Finds
      TUCSON, AZ - (Arizona Daily Star)
      The finding does not prove or disprove that near-death experiences are
      actual encounters with a heavenly afterlife, but it may help explain why
      lives and attitudes are often dramatically changed by such experiences.
      "This is the first study ever to find neurophysiologic differences in people
      who have had these experiences," said Willoughby B. Britton, the
      UA researcher who led the study, published last month in the journal
      Psychological Science.
      http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/24289.php

      *** Prophetic Notes of a Movie, a Storm Warning, and Those Swerves
      in Climate
      LATHAM, NY - (SpiritDaily)
      The "prophetic pulse" also seems to be registering in Hollywood, which
      has just premiered a new movie called "The Day After Tomorrow" that
      focuses on massive storms and floods due to a climate shift. This is
      fascinating because it nearly perfectly fits a prophecy granted to a
      Long Island man named Ned Dougherty who claims prophetic visions
      during a famous near-death experience.
      http://www.spiritdaily.org/Quickhive%20articles/dayaftertomorrow.htm
      Also: http://www.spiritdaily.org/Prophecy-seers/ned_dougherty1.htm

      *** Guardian Angel
      MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV News 5)
      Ever since a near-death experience at age five, Tina Michelle says
      she's been able to see angels. Ones, she claims, are with ALL of us,
      ALL the time. Not only does she speak to them now; but, as Action
      News Five's Carrie McClure found out, she draws them too. Tina Michelle
      says she doesn't feel she chose to see angels ... she just does.
      http://www.wmcstations.com/Global/story.asp?S=1867217
      Read about Tina Michelle's NDE: http://www.tinamichelle.com/info-bio.html

      *** On The Town With Scary Gary Busey
      TORONTO, CANADA - (GlobeAndMail.com)
      What did he learn on the "the other side"? Hey, in a celebrity interview,
      you go with the flow. "That's a personal conversation. Not now," he says,
      waving his hand in the air. "I want to settle down with you heart to heart,
      eye to eye, spirit to spirit, and let you know the feeling that I had doing
      it, because if I don't do that, it will be like explaining an orgasm to a
      10-year-old. You won't get it."
      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040508/HAMPSON08/TPEntertainment/Columnists

      *** Archive of NDEs in the news
      Read all the major news articles concerning the NDE and related
      phenomenon from 1995 to current. This is a permanent archive to ensure
      that these news articles will always be available on the internet.
      http://home.comcast.net/~neardeath/

      (2) Events concerning the NDE

      *** Dr. Raymond Moody to Present Theories of the Paranormal
      The Scientific and Medical Network in London, UK, is having a special
      weekend on June 19 - 20, 2004 in association with the Natural
      Death Centre. The main presentations will be made by Dr. Moody
      and there will be special dialogue sessions with David Lorimer as
      well as exploratory dialogue with the audience.
      http://www.datadiwan.de/SciMedNet/home.htm

      *** Annual Near-Death Conference to be Held June 24 - 26, 2004
      The International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS) will
      present its annual conference in Evanston, Illinois north of Chicago.
      The conference theme: "Creativity in the Light" will present such
      notable researchers as: Peter Fenwick, PMH Atwater, Paul Bernstein,
      Allan Botkin, Neal Grossman, Jan Holden, Jeff & Jody Long, Kimberly
      Clark Sharp, and many others.
      http://www.iands.org/conf.html

      *** Annual Reincarnation Conference to be Held July 1 - 4, 2004
      The International Association for Regression Research and Therapies
      (IARRT) will present its 24th annual conference in Colorado Springs,
      Colorado. The conference theme: "Spiritual Revolutionaries:
      Evidence of Reincarnation" will present such notable researchers as:
      Walter Semkiw, Raymond Moody, and Peter Novak.
      http://www.iarrt.org/pressroom/052404.htm

      *** Visit the NDE Events page for more upcoming events:
      http://www.near-death.com/events.html

      (3) Notes from the webmaster

      Kevin Williams writes: "Why I Am in Love With Osama Bin Laden"

      The simple message of all higher religions is that we are one with
      the Whole. Separation is an illusion. "Evil" is merely being ignorant
      of these realities. Jesus said to not be so stupid as to hate your
      enemies (paraphrase). Instead, love those who persecute you.
      Osama Bin Laden is an "arm of God" in the same way that we all
      are "arms of God." One might even say that Bin Laden is a "tool"
      of God in the same way that some people believe that Satan is a
      "tool" of God meting out divine justice to "sinners." If a Satan really
      does exist (which I don't believe he does), I am sure that we are
      obligated to love even him unconditionally as well. According to Jesus,
      God loves all his so-called "enemies." So the horrible terrorism that
      Bin Laden is causing, must have a higher purpose for it - even if
      Bin Laden is completely ignorant of it. For example, the Bible reveals
      that the people who killed Jesus were only doing God's will and their
      actions were predestined by God before they were even born. Many
      Christians believe that the unjustified killing of Jesus was the greatest
      atrocity ever committed. But, at the same time, Christians also believe
      his death resulted the greatest good of all - the redemption of humanity.
      Is it possible that the greatest "sin" can also be the greatest "good"
      at the same time? It appears that way. The Bible even states that Jesus
      was made perfect because of what he suffered. [Read more at this link
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters/notes/notes004.html

      Peace and Light,
      Kevin Williams

      (4) What's new on near-death.com

      The following are the latest additions to near-death.com:

      *** Ian McCormack's near-death experience
      Ian was stung by five deadly box jellyfish in 1982 and died for 15 minutes.
      During this time he had a remarkable near-death experience involving
      Jesus and the dark void.
      http://www.near-death.com/mccormack.html

      *** What's new on near-death.com page
      All the recent additions to this website are also listed on the
      "What's New" page on my website.
      http://www.near-death.com/whatsnew.html

      (5) Articles on the NDE

      *** Near-Death and UFO Encounters as Shamanic Initiations:
      Some Conceptual and Evolutionary Implications
      With the May 11th UFO sighting reported by the Mexican Air Force,
      (see http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4955164/ )
      I thought this excellent article by Dr. Kenneth Ring would be timely.
      Ken Ring wrote this article concerning the overlap between NDEs
      and the journeys of the "shaman" - a spiritual teacher who induces
      altered states of consciousness for the purpose of entering different
      dimensions and realities to transcend the illusionary, rational world
      in order to obtain spiritual wisdom. Dr. Ring makes the case that
      NDErs are modern shamans.
      http://www.near-death.com/articles/0022.html

      *** Search the NDE articles archive
      http://www.near-death.com/articles.html

      (6) Q and A with Dr. P.M.H. Atwater
      An in-depth look at the near-death phenomenon

      In this section of the newsletter, PMH Atwater will answer a
      question submitted to her from subscribers to this newsletter. If
      you have a question that you would like her to answer for this
      column, just email your question to me at:
      webmaster@... for consideration.

      P.M.H. Atwater's latest books are:

      "The New Children and Near-Death Experiences"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591430208/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      "We Live Forever: The Real Truth About Death"
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0876044925/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      Question: I came across your web page recently and found it very
      interesting. Years ago I watched you on the Geraldo Show, and as a
      result bought your book, Beyond the Light. In my lifetime, so far, I've
      experienced a few interesting events concerning the afterlife (the next
      realm), or things related. Years ago I had an interesting experience,
      not a near-death experience for me, but from a famous person who had
      just died. The actor Michael Landon (Bonanza, Little House on the Prairie)
      was in a hospital in the Los Angeles area, and he had just passed away.
      I perceived his spirit (because I wasn't really seeing him in a physical sense)
      coming to me. He got very near and said, "Thanks for being such a great Fan."
      Then he moved toward the sun, then around it into the (outer) space behind it
      and kept going. Years later my brother-in-law told me that two of his
      friends had the same experience at the time Mr. Landon passed away.
      I hope this intrigues you. I have never mentioned this to anyone outside
      of my immediate circle of friends or relatives. I never knew where to go
      with such information. You are the first "celebrity" that I have given this
      to." - George R. Zadravec

      Answer: Thank you so much, George, for sharing your story and allowing
      me to reprint it. Michael Landon had quite a reputation for being a caring
      individual. Besides any short-comings he might have had (and we all have
      them), he loved his family and his children and was exceptionally kind to
      his fans. You can look back on his career and note that he appeared
      only in family fare, shows he could be proud of and allow his own children
      to see. I am not surprised that people in far flung places "saw" him leave
      this earth and "heard" him bid a fond farewell. He was a Catholic; his
      religion and the spiritual meant a great deal to him. [Read more at this
      web page: http://www.near-death.com/newsletters/atwater/ ]

      P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D.
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/
      http://www.near-death.com/atwater.html
      Marketplace (a public service):
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/rosen.html

      (7) Books on the NDE

      *** The NDE Online Store includes NDE books, videos, movies,
      documentaries, magazines, and other media.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=62ed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      *** Seven Steps to Heaven: How to Communicate with Your Departed
      Loved Ones in Seven Easy Steps - by Joyce Keller
      This book clears up misconceptions about the afterlife and reveals the
      various ways in which those who have crossed over make contact with
      us. With clarity and compassion she shares for the first time her successful
      Connection Technique that makes it possible for anyone to bridge the
      divide between the living and the dead. Developed over a period of twenty
      years, Keller's Connection Technique involves seven simple and safe tools:
      angels and spirit teachers, prayer and affirmations, meditation, dreams,
      a spirit space, sound, and a labyrinth.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743225600/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Exploring Reincarnation: The Classic Guide to the Evidence for
      Past-Life Experiences - by Hans Tendam, Colin Wilson
      This is the classic guide to past-life recall, written by one of the world's
      leading experts. Hans Tendam's definitive study includes fascinating
      stories and case histories from around the world, as well as intriguing
      theories about the relationship between body and soul. It looks at all
      the issues concerning reincarnation, including: the most recent research,
      the relationship between past-life memories and paranormal abilities,
      cases of sudden recall of past lives, karma, events prior to birth and
      beyond death, and counseling techniques for past-life therapy.On
      the strength of the evidence in this fascinating book, it becomes clear
      that the subject of reincarnation holds great implications for us all today.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0712660208/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** If Morning Never Comes - by Bill Vandenbush
      This is the powerful story of Bill VandenBush's NDE during combat
      in Vietnam and how it affected his life. A tragedy of war nearly destroyed
      his life, but a spiritual force intervened and guided him on an incredible
      lifelong journey. Learn how the Spirit taught him to overcome overwhelming
      odds and find his purpose in life. Bill shares the insights and lessons
      learned from his excursion into a dimension of enlightenment, and his
      return form the hell of combat.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0972161341/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Experiencing the Next World Now - by Michael Grosso
      From the scientific underground of psychic research comes a stunning
      report on the evidence for life after death. But all the proof in the world
      is nothing when compared to actual experience with the place beyond.
      This book takes the reader to the next level -- and offers a more personal
      kind of journey. If there is a "next world," it must be nearby, and the path
      leads through the gateways of our own minds. Philosopher Michael Grosso
      shows us how to open these passages -- or at least peek through a
      keyhole -- and glimpse what may lie beyond. This is the guidebook
      for an adventure that nobody can refuse.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0743471059/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression
      by Michael Newton - Over many years, Dr. Newton developed his
      own intensive age regression techniques in order to effectively take
      hypnosis subjects beyond their past life memories to a more
      meaningful soul experience between lives. With his blockbuster
      books "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls," Newton is considered
      to be a pioneer in uncovering the mysteries about life after death
      through the use of spiritual hypnotic regression. In this long awaited
      follow-up book, Newton now trains other advanced hypnotherapists
      in his techniques which gave him the international reputation for being
      the regressionist who has mapped out much of our life in heaven
      between reincarnations.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738704652/ref=nosim/neardeathexpe-20

      (8) Websites on the NDE

      These websites are exceptionally outstanding:

      *** International Association for Near-Death Studies
      IANDS is the premier research organization in the field of
      near-death studies. If you haven't yet joined this wonderful
      organization, I encourage you to join online at their membership
      page. There are many benefits for being a member. Their quarterly
      newsletter Vital Signs is alone worth becoming a member.
      Home page: http://www.iands.org
      Join IANDS: https://www.iands.org/joincard.html
      JUNE 24 - 26, 2004 - IANDS Annual Conference in Evanston, IL
      near Chicago at the Best Western Hotel. Visit this web page
      for conference information: http://www.iands.org/conf.html

      *** Soul Travel Magazine
      This site is my personal favorite because it has everything! It is filled
      with fascinating articles, links, video, news, and it is beautiful to look
      at. You will find yourself lurking around this site time after time. It covers
      not only NDEs, but OBEs, remote viewing, lucid dreaming, and
      everything related to being outside of your body.
      http://www.soultravel.nu/index-ENG.asp

      *** A Heavenly Paradise website
      What is heaven really like? Is paradise a crystal city? Is there sex
      in heaven? What will we be like there? Will we ever see our departed
      loved ones again? Does a celestial paradise of comfort exist?
      Is it like Shangrila? Walhalla? Nirvana? The Garden of Eden?
      http://www.heavenlyparadise.cjb.net/

      *** The Website of P.M.H. Atwater
      I was pleasantly surprised this month when I visited Dr. Atwater's
      website and discovered that it had been redesigned. All the excellent
      articles and documents on her site are at your fingertips directly from
      her home page using pull-down menus. If the wealth of information
      doesn't knock you out - the beautiful color scheme will. Five stars.
      http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/

      *** Near-Death Experience Research Foundation (NDERF)
      Jeff and Jody Long has put together a vast database of NDEs for
      which they research and profile on their outstanding site. They
      probably have the largest collection of NDE testimony on the net
      (over 300 of them) for which to read online. Check out their excellent
      book review section.
      http://www.nderf.org/

      *** The Campaign for Philosophical Freedom
      Michael Roll developed this outstanding website to achieve a
      philosophical balance in the media which is often dismissive of
      the paranormal and to increase public awareness of the existence
      of scientific proof that everyone survives death. This website is
      overflowing with goodies!
      http://www.cfpf.org.uk/

      *** If you know of any new NDE website or web article you would
      like to see profiled, email to me the address of the website at:
      webmaster@...

      (9) Support the search for the afterlife

      *** How can your usual online shopping raise funds for near-death
      research without any extra cost to you? By joining the free charity
      website called iGive.com. Then whenever you shop online and
      make a purchase at eBay, Barnes & Noble, Land's End, Florist.com,
      Amazon.com or over 500 other participating websites, iGive.com has
      arranged to automatically direct up to 27% of the purchase price
      near-death research (IANDS) as a contribution. Become a part of
      the family of people who are working to bring proof of life after death
      to this world! Just click on the link for more info.
      http://www.near-death.com/iands_charity.html

      This newsletter is currently hosted by Yahoo Groups.
      You can visit the home page for this newsletter at Yahoo Groups
      for more information about this free newsletter service:

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others.
      Search for past issues of this newsletter:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters.html

      Copyright (c) 2004 Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife
      Peace and Light,

      Kevin R. Williams
      "Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife"
      http://www.near-death.com
      "Nothing Better Than Death"
      http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=15695
      "Death is nothing more than a doorway, something you walk
      through." - Dr. George Ritchie (a near-death experiencer)