Near-Death Newsletter - April 1, 2004

  • Kevin Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2004
      The online version of this newsletter can be found at this web page:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters/2004/0401.html

      15th of the month. The mission of this newsletter is to inform,
      enlighten, entertain, and aid the public in understanding the
      latest in all things concerning the NDE and related phenomena
      by promoting the International Association for Near-Death
      Studies (IANDS), NDE researchers, experiencers, multimedia
      resources, and events.

      [Disclaimer: This newsletter is not affiliated with IANDS; but is
      dedicated to the IANDS mission.]

      Visit IANDS website at http://www.iands.org and join the
      premier organization for NDE research.

      Visit the NDE Online Store to find NDE multimedia products such
      as NDE books, documentaries, movies, music, magazines, & journals.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=62ed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      To SUBSCRIBE to the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Near-Death Newsletter, email a blank
      message to: neardeathnewsletter-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Table of Contents

      (1) NDEs in the news
      (2) Notes from the webmaster
      (3) What's new on near-death.com
      (4) Article on the NDE
      (5) Q & A with Dr. PMH Atwater
      (6) Books on the NDE
      (7) Websites on the NDE
      (8) Support the search for the afterlife
      (9) Odds and ends

      (1) NDEs in the news

      *** Towards the Light
      MELBOURNE, AU - (The Age)
      "I remember looking down on my body on the operating table. It was
      a very hot day and the doctors were in their shorts and sandals with
      their aprons over them," says Cameron. "I was surprised at all the
      blood everywhere and slightly horrified at the conversation going on
      between the staff. The gynaecologist was giving me a heart massage,
      thumping my chest and saying: 'Don't you die on me now you bitch.'
      http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/03/22/1079939578423.html

      *** What Happened to the Research on Out-of-Body Experiences?
      STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - (Soul Travel Magazine)
      Torbjorn Sassersson of Soul Travel Magazine interviewed F. Holmes
      "Skip" Atwater, the Research Director at The Monroe Institute, and
      Charles Tart, researcher in parapsychology and one of the founders
      of the field of transpersonal psychology. The answers are pessimistic.
      Almost nothing is being done at the universities in the West.
      http://www.soultravel.nu/2004/040326-OBE-research/

      *** Near-Death Experience Has Changed My Life
      SHEFFIELD, UK - (Sheffield Today)
      "I've changed as a person. I stopped being materialistic and I started
      to realise that life is about people not about places. You don't need a
      posh house as long as you've got a place to stay. It's the people
      inside who count. For the first time in my life I'm completely happy."
      Now Matthew says he appreciates being able to do ordinary things
      in life, like being able to see, get dressed, get to work and to have
      been able to resume his job as a financial adviser.
      http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle.aspx?SectionID=58&ArticleID=752465

      *** I Was Close to God - Blast Man
      PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA - (news24.com)
      Four days after he was admitted, Ackerman had an out-of-body
      experience. He said that while he was in theatre for a skin graft, he left
      his body and viewed it and the doctors from above. "I felt very close to
      God," he said. A week after the explosion he developed a high fever and
      doctors feared for his life. Ackerman said: "That day I saw a pure white
      light with the most beautiful colours inside - it was orange, light blue and
      yellow."
      http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,6119,2-7-1442_1505761,00.html

      *** A Mystical Union
      LONDON, UK - (The Economist)
      Whether the Unio Mystica has anything in common with out-of-body
      experiences, or even phantom limbs, remains to be seen - though all are
      certainly mediated by the brain. According to Dr Blanke, this is only just
      starting to become an accepted topic of research in neuroscience. Perhaps
      its acceptance will depend ultimately on how the knowledge is used.
      http://www.economist.com/science/displayStory.cfm?story_id=2478148

      *** Fast Action, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Save Man's Life
      PITTSBURGH, PA - (Pittsuburgh Post-Gazette)
      "If he'd been anywhere else, he wouldn't be here today," Pat Snyder said.
      "I don't know who runs that mall, but it's wonderful they put those
      AEDs in there." There are six AEDs at the mall designed to help revive
      people undergoing cardiac emergencies. One is in a mobile van that
      security guards use to patrol the parking lot 24 hours a day in case
      someone needs medical assistance.
      http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04070/283474.stm

      *** King's "Hospital" is Unafraid, And That is a Problem
      CHICAGO, IL - (Chicago Tribune)
      In "Kingdom Hospital," the best-selling author's alter ego is in the titular
      medical facility, recovering from being run down by a van -- sound familiar?
      The hospital, of course, is haunted, the result of a 19th Century industrial
      fire on the site that killed child employees. King himself wrote all 15 hours
      of the series as he recuperated from the van crash that nearly killed him
      and affects him still.
      http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/tv/mmx-0403030037mar03,0,3421050.story?coll=mmx-television_heds

      (2) Notes from the webmaster

      Kevin Williams writes on: Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

      For April Fool's Day, I thought I would give everyone a good chuckle by
      presenting my favorite "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy of Saturday
      Night Live television show fame. Lord knows we need a good chuckle
      these days. Here they are:

      We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at
      them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.

      When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or
      pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not,
      mmmmmmm, boy.

      If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and your friends
      are all watching you fall, I think a funny joke would be to pretend you
      were swimming.

      If you go flying back through time, and you see somebody else flying
      forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.

      If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize
      world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until
      the looting started.

      I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
      And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

      Higher beings from outer space may not want to tell us the secrets of life,
      because we're not ready. But maybe they'll change their tune after a
      little torture.

      If higher beings from outer space ever come and we show them our
      civilization and they make fun of it, we should say we were just kidding,
      that this isn't our real civilization, but a joke we hoped they would like.
      Then we tell them to come back in twenty years to see our real civilization.
      After that, we start a crash program of coming up with a new civilization.

      There are many stages to a man's life. In the first stage, he is young
      and eager, like a beaver. In the second stage, he wants to build things,
      like dams, and maybe chew down some trees. In the third stage, he
      feels trapped, and then "skinned." I'm not sure what the fourth stage is.

      If God dwells within us like some people say He does, I sure hope
      He likes the food I'm eating because that's what He's getting.

      My young son asked me what happens after we die. I told him we get
      buried under a bunch of dirt and worms eat our bodies. I guess I should
      have told him the truth - that most of us go to hell and burn eternally - but
      I didn't want to upset him.

      Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there in the
      room talking to you - which is why I don't like to read good books.

      I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't
      have any clean laundry because, come on, who wants to wash clothes
      on the last day of their life?

      My wife was watching the football game with me when she said,
      "You know, most of these sports are based on the idea of men protecting
      their territory." "Yeah," I said while trying not to laugh. Girls are funny.

      Instead of putting a quarter under a kid's pillow, how about a pinecone?
      That way, he learns that "wishing" isn't going to save our national forests.

      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down?
      We might if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

      Once I wept for I had no shoes. Then I came upon a man who had no feet.
      So I took his shoes. I mean, it's not like he really needed them, right?

      Children need encouragement. If a kid gets an answer right, tell him it
      was a lucky guess. That way he will develop a good, lucky feeling.

      If a child asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him
      is that "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute
      thing to tell him is that "It's probably because of something you did."

      I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices
      and just laugh at people.

      Peace and Light,
      Kevin Williams

      (3) What's new on near-death.com

      The following are the latest additions to near-death.com:

      *** Added more prophecies to The NDE and Future web page
      More of Howard Storm's NDE prophecies of the coming "purification"
      of America. I discovered yet another article on Howard Storm's NDE
      visions of the future. I hate to be a messenger of "gloom and doom"
      but it would be irresponsible of me if I did not share this with everyone.
      Remember, the future is not cast in stone. The future is constantly
      changing based upon our actions, current trends, and probabilities
      at any given moment. In a Spirit Daily.com online newspaper article
      on August 18, 2003 by Michael H. Brown entitled Near-Death Prophecy:
      Man was shown Failure of Infrastructure, Power Grid, Reverend Howard
      Storm discussed America's future as shown to him during his NDE.
      He stated:

      "They made it very clear to me that God had given this country the
      greatest blessing of any people in the history of the world. We have
      more of God's blessing. Everything that we have comes from God.
      We didn't deserve it, we didn't earn it, but we happen to be the wealthiest,
      most powerful nation in the world. And God gave us all this so that we
      could be the instruments of God's light in this world, and we are not
      instruments of light. In other countries people see us as purveyors of
      exploitation, military might, and pornography. They see us as completely
      hedonistic and amoral -- we have no morality. People can do whatever
      they want wherever they want with whatever they want. Our amorality
      is a cancer on the rest of the world, and God created us to be just the
      opposite.

      "People get mad at me for saying it," Storm continues, "but God is very
      unhappy with what we're doing. When I came back from the experience
      I was almost out of my mind trying to convert people. God wanted a
      worldwide conversion thousands of years ago. God pulled out all the
      stops 2,000 years ago with Jesus. From God's view, that was the definitive
      moment in human history. And the impact of the prophets and teachers
      and the Messiah has been a big disappointment to God because people
      have by and large rejected it. I was told that God wants this conversion.
      And if we don't get with the program fairly soon, He is going to have to
      intervene in some ways that from a human point of view are going to seem
      cataclysmic. God is really tired of what we're doing to one another and
      the planet and to His Creation. We were put in this world to be stewards
      and live in harmony with His creation and one another and we don't realize
      the important spiritual consequences of what we do when we raise a child
      in a faithless society."

      Storm continued, "I asked how [America's purification] would come about,
      and they said it would be simple, that our society is very dependent on
      a lot of very fragile things -- energy grid, transportation. In each
      geographical area of the United States people used to be relatively
      self-sufficient as far as agricultural products. Now, how long would any
      state survive without the transport of food and energy?

      "What would happen is these very complex and delicate grids of our
      economic system would begin to break down. We've created a society
      of such cruel and self-centered people that the very nature of civilization
      would begin to break down. The angels showed me that what would
      happen is that people would begin robbing the grocery stores, hording
      goods, and killing one another for gasoline and tires, and as a consequence
      everything would break down and would end up in chaos."
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research32.html

      *** Tiffany Snow's NDE - Healer by Lightning Strike
      Read about an amazing woman who was struck by lightning and taken
      to heaven to meet Jesus. She returned with a heavenly gift to heal
      others, a psychic ability, and a mission to teach and help others
      manifest their God-given gifts.
      http://www.near-death.com/snow.html

      *** The Past Lives of Jesus According to Edgar Cayce
      I added more information concerning Edgar Cayce's identification of some
      of the past lives of Jesus. Below are links to some of them:
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen049.html

      (1) Amilius - A higher being who was the "logos" from Atlantis
      http://ascension2000.com/Shift-of-the-Ages/shift15.htm

      (2) Adam - the first "son of man" and "son of God"
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen041.html

      (3) Enoch - the Biblical patriarch who journeyed to heaven
      http://philologos.org/bpr/files/e009.htm

      (4) Hermes/Thoth - the architect of the Great Pyramid and the Hermetism
      http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/hermes.html

      (5) Melchizedek - the mystical High Priest and king of Jerusalem
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen042.html

      (6) Joseph - the son of Israel who became the Prince of Egypt
      [the page on Joseph is a new page which can be found here:
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen043.html

      (7) Joshua - the warrior who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen044.html

      (8) Asaph - the music director and seer who served under David
      http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/asaph.html

      (9) Jeshua - the high priest of Israel who helped organize the return
      from exile and the rebuilding of the temple http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Def.show/RTD/ISBE/Topic/Joshua%20(3)

      (10) Zend - the father of Zoroaster who founded the Magi's religion
      http://www.avesta.org/avesta.html

      (11) Jesus - the man who attained "at-one-ment" with God - the final
      evolutionary transition for human beings to attain a perfect
      human-divine unity also known as "Christhood".
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen04.html

      (12) ????? - the entity who will return to Earth to usher in the kingdom
      of heaven on Earth
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce10.html

      *** Added more to The NDE and Pre-Birth research conclusions
      I added my article "Life is a River" and included more information
      about pre-birth knowledge which we forget when we are born.
      http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research01.html

      *** What's New page
      All the recent additions to this website are also listed on the
      "What's New" page on my website.
      http://www.near-death.com/whatsnew.html

      (4) Article on the NDE

      *** NDEs: Brain Physiology or Transcendental Consciousness?
      Or both? Are NDEs merely the product of brain physiology or are
      they experiences involving consciousness transcending matter?
      Or could they be both? This article discusses these issues and
      presents all sides. This article is the result of an email discussion
      I had with an anesthesiologist named Gerald Woerlee, author of
      the book "Mortal Minds: A Biology of the Soul and the Dying
      Experience" who takes the physiology position. I, of course,
      disagree with the purely materialistic view but I agree that there
      is certainly a biological component involved. I believe there may
      well be a happy medium.
      http://www.near-death.com/articles/0020.html

      *** Search "Articles on the NDE" archive
      http://www.near-death.com/articles.html

      (5) Q and A with Dr. P.M.H. Atwater
      An in-depth look at the near-death phenomenon

      In this section of the newsletter, PMH Atwater will answer a
      question submitted to her from subscribers to this newsletter. If
      you have a question that you would like her to answer for this
      column, just email your question to me at:
      webmaster@... for consideration.

      P.M.H. Atwater's latest book is entitled
      "The New Children and Near-Death Experiences"
      and you can purchase a copy online at this Amazon web page:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591430208/neardeathexpe-20

      In the Summer of 2004, her book entitled
      "We Live Forever: The Real Truth About Death"
      is scheduled for release. Reserve copies can be ordered at this
      Amazon web page:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0876044925/neardeathexpe-20

      QUESTION: "I sincerely believe that I am receiving advice from my
      higher self. I ask questions and receive answers, analogies,
      things that I could never come up with; if I could I wouldn't ask.
      I was, at a point, a totally atheistic material-oriented skeptic.
      After several after-death events when my parents died, I did
      thousands of hours of research into science, and found to my
      amazement that survival was supported by two Nobel prize winning
      physicists; and research done by Pribram, Aspect, Tiller, etc.
      confirmed much of this. I have a problem with an addiction to two
      substances. It's not important which ones. My higher self informs
      me repeatedly that until I conquer this, I am virtually "stuck."
      I cannot proceed to whatever other aspects of my life's lessons
      I am supposed to be learning.

      "My questions are twofold. Do you believe that our higher selves
      offer guidance in this form, and do you believe that what I am
      being told is accurate?

      "Every other bit of information on questions I have asked has been
      extremely logical, not always what I wanted to hear, but exactly
      correct nonetheless. There appears to be a strong sense of urgency
      to my facing this problem, as if time were running "short." Any
      input you can offer would be greatly appreciated." - David

      ANSWER: "Information from such sources as Divine Guidance,
      Holy Spirit, our Higher Self, freely flows to one and all. I can't
      imagine anyone cut off from this flow, unless, because of his or
      her own foolishness or carelessness or belief in separation from
      God, the connection was severed. We are one with The One -
      always have been and always will be. Most near-death experiencers
      return from their "journey" convinced of this, even if their episode ...
      [read more here: http://www.near-death.com/newsletters/atwater/index.html ]

      (6) Books on the NDE

      *** The NDE Online Store includes NDE books, videos, movies,
      documentaries, magazines, and other media.
      http://associatesshop.filzhut.de/shop/index.php?ID=62ed2010a2e86954f2f1f2020e1056af

      ******************** COMING MAY 1 ****************************

      Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression
      by Michael Newton - Over many years, Dr. Newton developed his
      own intensive age regression techniques in order to effectively take
      hypnosis subjects beyond their past life memories to a more
      meaningful soul experience between lives. With his blockbuster
      books "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls," Newton is considered
      to be a pioneer in uncovering the mysteries about life after death
      through the use of spiritual hypnotic regression. In this long awaited
      follow-up book, Newton now trains other advanced hypnotherapists
      in his techniques which gave him the international reputation for being
      the regressionist who has mapped out much of our life in heaven
      between reincarnations.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738704652/neardeathexpe-20

      Visit my web page profiling Dr. Newton's research:
      http://www.near-death.com/newton.html

      Visit Dr. Newton's website to learn more about his latest book:
      http://www.lifebetweenlife.com

      Journey of Souls:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1567184855/neardeathexpe-20
      Destiny of Souls:
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1567184995/neardeathexpe-20

      *** The Birth Called Death: The Remarkable Story of One Woman's
      Journey to the Other Side of Life - by Kathie Jordan (Available: Now)
      From the age of 7 to the age of 22, Kathie Jordan's deceased brother
      came to her at nighttime, pulled her from her body, and guided her
      to heaven. In these nighttime journeys, she was taught about the
      purpose of life in the body, the meaning of death, and about the soul's
      progress in the afterlife. In these moments out of her body, Kathie is
      taken to higher and higher levels of heaven, where she meets and
      learns from spiritual teachers, including Jesus.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1883991773/neardeathexpe-20

      *** My Last Breath - by Matthew D. Dovel (Available: Now)
      This book is a very interesting and intense story of someone who had
      two NDEs which resulted in him first going to heaven and then hell
      the other. This makes his NDEs unique in that one was heavenly
      and the other was hellish. Most NDEs involving a person experiencing
      both heaven and hell are within the same NDE. It is refreshing to
      read the comparison between the two destinations from someone
      who experienced both but at separate times. "My Last Breath" is
      easy to read and thought-provoking at the same time. As it is with
      many NDEs, many of his profound insights requires time to fully
      digest as you reflect more and more on his wonderful message.
      Undoubtedly, such insights require the rest of your life to fully
      appreciate. In essence, "My Last Breath" is not only a fascinating
      read, it is also a guide on how spirituality can be applied in everyday life.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1413701949/neardeathexpe-20

      *** My Proof of Survival: Personal Accounts of Contact With the Hereafter
      by Andrew Honigman (Available: Now)
      For the past fifty years, "My Proof of Survival" has been one of FATE
      magazine's most popular features. Now the best of these stories
      are presented in book form for the first time-true accounts from
      ordinary people who have had extraordinary encounters with the
      hereafter. These firsthand reports of messages, gifts, and assistance
      from the spirit world.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738702641/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of
      Consciousness - by Russell Targ - (Available: Now)
      The psychic abilities of most humans are dampened by the clatter of
      our conscious minds. The author draws on the work of ancient mystics
      and traditions to show readers how to quiet this noise and see into the
      far reaches of time and space through remote viewing. This psychic ability
      offers a path of self-inquiry and self-realization and expands each person's
      limited awareness of the consciousness shared by all humans. Targ
      explores its scientific as well as spiritual implications and offers
      techniques and exercises to nurture this universal but mostly untapped skill.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1577314131/neardeathexpe-20

      *** The Lost Secret of Death: Our Divided Souls and the Afterlife
      by Peter Novak (Available: Now)
      Do the dead resurrect or reincarnate? These apparent contradictory
      concepts of reincarnation and resurrection can be resolved by a very
      interesting theory developed by Peter Novak. His compelling theory,
      which he calls the "Division of Consciousness Theory," is based both
      on modern science and ancient scripture. It explains for the first time
      how each of these ancient perspectives might be true simultaneously.
      Novak ingeniously reconciles the West with the East, the right-brain
      with the left-brain, the rational soul with the emotional spirit, the male
      and the female, the darkness and the light, the yin and yang, to
      explain the unity of the Whole. This is one of the best books you'll
      ever read in my opinion.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1571743243/neardeathexpe-20

      *** Psychic Gifts in the Christian Life - Tools to Connect
      by Tiffany Snow (Available: Now)
      Tiffany was a successful songwriter and record producer in Nashville
      when lightning struck her and almost took her life. It resulted in a
      profound NDE where she received the gifts of healing and psychic
      ability. She discovered her mission in life is to heal, teach, and help
      others manifest their God-given gifts with power and love in their own lives.
      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0972962301/neardeathexpe-20

      (7) Websites on the NDE

      IANDS is the premier research organization in the field of
      near-death studies. If you haven't yet joined this wonderful
      organization, I encourage you to join online at their membership
      page. There are many benefits for being a member. Their quarterly
      newsletter Vital Signs is alone worth becoming a member.

      Home page: http://www.iands.org
      Join IANDS: https://www.iands.org/joincard.html

      JUNE 24 - 26, 2004 - IANDS Annual Conference
      Evanston, IL (near Chicago) at the Best Western
      Check out the IANDS Conference information page.
      http://www.iands.org/conf.html

      *** World Scriptures Website
      This web page has links to every religious traditions sacred texts
      online - some of which you can actually download to your PC.
      http://www.storytellingmonk.org/info/downloads-scriptures.htm

      *** Early Church Fathers Collection Website and Early Christian
      Writings Website
      Download for free all the writings from the first 800 years of the
      Christian Church! If you are into early Christian history, you got
      to check these websites out!
      http://www.redbay.com/newbies/mag/ecfwh.htm
      http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/

      *** Scrolls from the Dead Sea Website
      Read the sacred writings of the Essenes online including historical
      information. This is an outstanding website! Read about the "Teacher
      of Righteousness" and the struggle between "The Wicked Priest"
      and "The Liar". Then read about the compelling theory that the Essenes
      where referring to the historical break in early Christian history between
      James and Paul which led to the victory of Pauline Christianity in Rome
      over Jerusalem Christianity.
      http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/scrolls/toc.html
      http://www.sharif.org.uk/paulianity.htm#James%20The%20Righteous

      Also visit the Center for the Advancement of First Century Christianity's
      articles about "The Two Ways of the First Century Church" to learn
      what REALLY happened after Jesus' death before this information
      became suppressed by Rome.
      http://my.en.com/~anders/intro.html

      *** The Essene Nasorean Church of Mount Carmel Website
      The Essene Nasorean Church of Mount Carmel follows the esoteric
      spiritual Order of the early Christian sect called "Nasorean" (the "Way")
      described in the Book of Acts of the New Testament of which Peter
      and James belonged. The Essene Nasorean Church consists of men
      and women dedicated to studying and teaching the ancient mysteries
      of the higher teachings of Jesus.
      http://www.essene.com/Church/Paulianity.html

      Also visit the "Jesus Betrayed" website to read more about the struggle
      between the Christianity established by Paul and the Christianity
      established by James and the Jerusalem apostles.
      http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/mine/index.htm

      *** The Kabbala Online Website
      The Kabbala is often referred to as the "soul" of the Torah. It is an
      ancient Jewish tradition which teaches the higher mysteries of Judaism
      such as reincarnation and the cosmic plan for the universe as well as
      a detailed understanding of ourselves. NDE testimony can be found in
      the Kabbala.
      http://www.kabbalaonline.org/

      *** Holy Qur'an Resources on the Internet Website
      The holy text of Islam is a message given to Muhammed from God by
      the angel Gabriel. According to the Islamic legend called "Miraj,"
      Muhammad had an experience very similar to an NDE where it is said
      he ascended through seven heavens in the company of Gabriel. In the
      Qur'an, Muhammad's enemies are quoted as saying that they would
      not believe him unless he ascended to heaven and brings down a book.
      Despite the bad actions of fanatics who are giving Islam a bad name,
      understanding the true peaceful nature of the Muslim faith may go a
      long way bringing understanding and peace to the world.
      http://www.quran.org.uk/

      *** The Bhagavad Gita Online Website
      The Gita is considered to be among the greatest spiritual texts ever
      written. The Hindu Lord Krishna beautifully describes the way to
      self-realization and the process by which a human being can become
      one with God. Its primary purpose is to enlighten humanity to the
      the true nature of divinity within all things.
      http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/

      *** The Tibetan Book of the Dead Online Website
      This Buddhist text is a book describing what happens at the moment
      of death and the intermediate phase after death which is followed by
      rebirth into the world. The ancient Tibetan lamas cloaked their mystical
      teachings with heavy symbolism and its esoteric meaning to show that
      it is the death and rebirth of the ego that is described, not of the body,
      which makes this text a book for the living as well as the dead.
      http://www.lib.virginia.edu/speccol/exhibits/dead/index2.html

      *** If you know of any new NDE website or web article you would
      like to see profiled, email to me the address of the website at:
      webmaster@...

      (8) Support the search for the afterlife

      *** How can your usual online shopping raise funds for near-death
      research without any extra cost to you? By joining the free charity
      website called iGive.com. Then whenever you shop online and
      make a purchase at eBay, Barnes & Noble, Land's End, Florist.com,
      Amazon.com or over 500 other participating websites, iGive.com has
      arranged to automatically direct up to 27% of the purchase price
      near-death research (IANDS) as a contribution. Become a part of
      the family of people who are working to bring proof of life after death
      to this world! Just click on the link for more info.
      http://www.near-death.com/iands_charity.html

      This newsletter is currently hosted by Yahoo Groups.
      You can visit the home page for this newsletter at Yahoo Groups
      for more information about this free newsletter service:

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others.
      Search for past issues of this newsletter:
      http://www.near-death.com/newsletters.html

      Copyright (c) 2004 Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife

      "For any culture which is primarily concerned with meaning, the
      study of death - the only certainty that life holds for us - must be
      central, for an understanding of death is the key to liberation in life."
      - Stanislav Grof