Near-Death Newsletter - Vol. 1, No. 2

  • Kevin Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      Near-Death Newsletter Vol. 1, No. 2 March 01, 2002

      The Near-Death Newsletter is a free opt-in newsletter from
      the near-death.com website concerning near-death experiences.
      If you wish to be removed from this newsletter please see the
      unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of this newsletter.

      If you have something of interest to contribute to this newsletter
      pertaining to NDEs, just send it to: webmaster@...

      AOL and COMPUSERVE users:

      An online version of this newsletter can be found at this webpage:

      In this issue

      * NDEs in the news
      * The Forum
      * What's new
      * NDE spotlight
      * From the webmaster
      * Upcoming events
      * New NDE tv listings
      * New NDE books
      * New NDE web links
      * Odds and ends
      * Subscribe instructions

      NDEs in the News

      *** The NDE movie "Dragonfly" premiered February 22
      Costner plays Dr. Joe Darrow, a man who believes that his late
      wife, Emily (Thompson), has been contacting him through his
      patients' near-death experiences. Dragonflies were representative
      of Emily - she had a birthmark that resembled one - and creepily,
      Darrow starts seeing dragonflylike images upon her death.

      *** May Eulitt passed away on February 19, 2002 of complications
      following a surgical procedure to repair one of her heart valves.
      She was 52 years old. Her NDE was one of those very rare ones
      where she shared an NDE with two other people. You can read her
      NDE here: http://www.near-death.com/eulitt.html

      The Forum

      *** Barbara Springer's NDE - the greatest love

      *** Anne Horne's NDE - her original agreement

      *** Paul Carr's NDE - the Greeter

      *** Cindy Massey's NDE - the promise

      *** Paulette Vickery - a blind NDE

      *** Kurt Hilden's NDE - the film of life

      *** Louis Famoso's NDE - the day that lives forever

      *** Olga Jensen's NDE - the beautiful whiteness

      *** Pamela Coupe's NDE - many things to do

      What's new

      *** Major changes or additions to the near-death.com website:

      1) Jerry Gross' out-of-body research

      2) Muhammad's journey to heaven

      3) Dr. Peter Fenwick's NDE research

      4) NDE Book of the Year 2001 - Fast Lane to Heaven

      5) IANDS Conference audio tapes

      NDE spotlight

      *** I have selected my "NDE Book of the Year" for 2001 and
      it is Ned Dougherty's excellent book entitled "Fast Lane to Heaven"
      which was released in March 2001. He was given visions of the
      future during his NDE which are documented in his book. One
      of these visions of the future was the following:

      "A major terrorist attack may befall New York City or Washington,
      DC, severely impacting the way we live in the United States."

      This vision became true September 11, 2001 with the terrorist
      attack in New York City.

      You can read more about this at:

      An excerpt of his book can be found here:

      You can purchase his book online here:

      From the webmaster

      Most NDEs describe an overwhelming, unconditional love from a
      being of incredible Light. This love and light appears to accept
      everyone no matter what their religion or spiritual nature. Some
      have wondered what happens to people such as Adolf Hitler when
      die. Are they accepted unconditionally? Do they receive
      unconditional love?

      I believe the answer to this question is "yes." The light fully
      accepts and loves Hitler unconditionally. The reason, I believe,
      is because many NDEs I have read show that the concept of "evil"
      as it is known here on earth is not the same on the other side.
      What is known as "evil" here on earth is really known as
      "ignorance" on the other side. Howard Storm was told that humans
      are allowed to do wrong and make mistakes in order to grow.
      Here is what he was told:

      "They assured me that mistakes are an acceptable part of being
      human. "Go," they said, "and make all the mistakes you want.
      Mistakes are how you learn." As long as I tried to do what I
      knew was right, they said, I would be on the right path. If
      I made a mistake, I should fully recognize it as a mistake, then
      put it behind me and simply try not to make the same mistake
      again. The important things is to try one's best, keep one's
      standards of goodness and truth, and not compromise those to
      win people's approval. "But," I said, "mistakes make me feel
      bad." They said, "We love you the way you are, mistakes and
      all. And you can feel our forgiveness."

      Here is another excerpt from an NDE (Jayne Smith) that supports

      "I said to him again, "Everything that has happened to me
      since I crossed over is so beautiful. Everything is so perfect.
      What about my sins?" He said "There are no sins, not the way
      you think of them on earth. The only thing that has any meaning
      here is what you think." Then he asked me a question. "What is
      in your heart?" Then in some incredible way that I don't
      understand at all, I was able to look deeply inside myself,
      really into the very core of me to my essence. I saw that what
      was there was love, nothing else. My core was perfect love,
      loving perfection. I had complete love and acceptance for
      everything. I saw my own gentleness, tenderness, harmlessness.
      I simply was perfect and loving.

      I said to him "Of course!" I felt I was connecting with knowledge
      that I had known before. I wondered how on earth had I forgotten
      anything that important. I have known that."

      At the end of Jayne's NDE, she reveals that she believes the
      core of every human being is perfect love.

      Now, imagine Hitler crossing over and having his life review.
      In the light of perfect love and understanding, imagine Hitler
      instantaneously becoming every victim of his atrocities and
      seeing how his actions affected the universe. His life review
      would probably be equivalent to pouring a pot of hot red coals
      over his head. Imagine going through your whole life hating
      and killing people such as Hitler did. Then after death, seeing
      yourself as you really are at the core: perfect love. During
      your life review, while there is no condemnation except what
      comes from yourself, you would see how you transformed
      your being of perfect love into some hideous monster worthy
      only of being utterly destroyed.

      Was Hitler able to overcome his identity of being a monster?
      Personally, I believe Hitler will have to spend many lifetimes
      of suffering to undo the karmic debt he owes for being a mass
      murderer. In order for him to "clean up his mess", feel "redeemed"
      and set the record straight, he will have experience what his
      victims experienced.

      Before Hitler was born, it was quite possible that he
      entered this world with the hopes of influencing millions
      of people through the inspiration of the talent God gave him.
      In fact, he was a great artist and his life could have taken
      the course of a famous artist. Unfortunately, Hitler made
      some very bad choices. Instead of influencing millions of
      people in a positive way, he did so in a negative way. I am
      sure he probably set himself back many lifetimes in his
      spiritual evolution here on earth.

      Nevertheless, the core of Hitler's being is perfect love (God),
      like all of us. Unfortunately, Hitler used his God-given powers
      for the wrong purposes. Hitler was not so much a "very evil man"
      as much as he was a "very ignorant man". God is light.
      Light is knowledge. Darkness is the absence of light and knowledge.

      We all enter into this world in darkness. The goal is
      to bring the light into this darkness - knowledge to this ignorance.
      Because of Hitler's ignorance and his proliferation on a massive
      scale this ignorance, in a sense, caused a darkness so dark,
      it is akin to the kind of darkness that proceeds a great light.

      If Hitler was able to get through the negative "ripples" of his
      life review, he would be able to see the positive "ripples" of his
      life review. The positive thing about Hitler was that he brought
      to mankind an understanding of how horrible this kind of ignorance
      is. The full extent to how horrible human beings can be to one
      another. How this kind of horror must never, ever, happen again.
      The darkness that Hitler brought into this world, helped bring
      a greater light into this world.

      The Edgar Cayce readings indicate that World War II is correlated
      with the last two chapters of the Book of Daniel in the Bible, an
      indication that it may have been the last world war. World War II
      was instrumental in bringing the Jews back to the promised land in
      1948. The Cayce readings do mention the battle of Armageddon, spoken
      of in the Book of Revelation, saying that this a battle fought in
      the air between the souls of light and of darkness. He says that
      the souls of darkness will wage war with "the spirits of light that
      come into the Earth for the awakening." (3976-15). He explains that
      this is a battle between souls coming into the Earth and those
      leaving it - both groups attempting to influence the balance of
      lightness and darkness in the Earth. Eventually, the light forces
      overwhelm the dark ones, the Messiah comes, and the new era of
      awakening begins, lasting for a thousand years.

      Hitler may have been the "messiah" of the dark forces, the
      anti-christ as some people know it, which has been defeated.
      Cayce said the American people have established among the people
      of the world the ideal of world brotherhood, and implied that with
      this ideal now established "war was at an end." It appears we are
      now on the road to a new age of spiritual understanding and

      The lesson of Hitler: ignorance cannot overcome knowledge, no
      matter how powerful the ignorance is. Hitler brought into this
      world an ignorance so great, it indirectly lead to the awakening
      of a more powerful force of light and knowledge - a consciousness
      of the brotherhood and sisterhood of humanity.

      Upcoming events

      *** April, 2002 - University of Wisconsin, Green Bay, Wisconsin -
      Institute on Dying, Death and Bereavement - Ecumenical Center
      The prototypic near-death experience will be described. A case will
      be made that the variations from the prototypic near-death
      experience holds a message for the near-death experiencer.
      For more info, visit:

      *** April 26 - May 1, 2002 - International Conference on Science
      and Consciousness, Albuqerque, New Mexico - "Consciousness
      Exploring Itself" - For more info call (505) 474-0998 or visit:

      *** May, 2002 - 3rd International Congress of Projectiology and
      Conscientiology will be held in New York. This event will focus on
      the scientific exploration of the consciousness and its manifestation
      outside the human body. One of the distinguished speakers will the
      esteemed NDE researcher and experiencer, P.M.H. Atwater.
      For more info, visit: http://www.iipc.org/congress/English/Index.htm

      *** May 24-27, 2002 - 2nd Annual Northwest UFO/Paranormal
      Conference, Seattle, Washington - Researchers, authors and
      investigators who have brought to the public some of the world's
      most intriguing information on sightings, ancient mysteries and the
      paranormal will speak including Janet Colli on "Studies of
      Near-Death and ET Encounters"

      New NDE tv listings

      *** March 5 - Sightings - SciFi Channel
      Claims by people of differing religions and ethnicity of
      visitations by an angel of death.

      *** March 6 - In Search of ... Life After Death - History Channel
      Interviews with people who were revived after being clinically

      *** Search cable listings for "near-death"

      New NDE books

      *** Reincarnation: A Critical Examination
      by Paul Edwards
      Paperback - 315 pages (December 2001)
      Prometheus Books; ISBN: 1573929212

      *** Human Personality and Its Survival of Bodily Death
      by Frederic Myers
      Paperback - 544 pages (November 2001)
      Hampton Roads Pub Co; ISBN: 1571742387

      New NDE web links

      *** Brandi's NDE page

      *** Pam Coupe's NDE page

      Odds and ends

      Please feel free to share this newsletter with others you think might
      benefit from this information concerning near-death experiences.
      Thanks for reading!

      If you would like to contribute some information to an upcoming
      Near-Death Newsletter, email it to Kevin Williams at his email
      address below.

      Kevin Williams

      For past issues of the newsletter please visit:

      Subscribe instructions

      To unsubscribe from this newsletter, send a blank email to:

      To subscribe to this newsletter, send a blank email to:

      2002 Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife

      Kevin Williams
      author of Nothing Better Than Being Dead
      Near-Death Experiences & the Afterlife
      "No heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today." - Fra