FW: FAIRTAX ACTION ALERT
From: FairTax [mailto:info@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:23 PM
Subject: FAIRTAX ACTION ALERT
FAIRTAX ACTION ALERT
ISSUE: Now it is the time to roar!
ACTION: Please e-mail letters, fax communications and call the Secretary of the Treasury office to support the FairTax.
It is important that you communicate to Treasury Secretary John Snow in the next 48 hours your support of the FairTax.
Background: The President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform recently tried to bury the FairTax by using false assumptions and inaccurate research. Their findings, however, have been almost universally condemned as a failure of vision and a continuation of the Washington insider's game. Secretary Snow now must provide his best advice to President Bush on how to reform the federal income tax system. FairTax advocates must now organize the most massive outpouring of taxpayer communications to express your anger over the failure of the Panel to recommend any fundamental change to the dysfunctional federal income tax system.
Your Communications should cite these Reasons to Support the FairTax in your own words:
1. The President should support HR 25 and help enact the FairTax for the good of the nation. The President's Tax Advisory Panel ignored multi-million dollar research and misstated the effects of the FairTax in order to protect the status quo.
2. President Bush charged the Tax Advisory Panel with recommending a plan to promote simplicity, fairness, and transparency. Instead, the Panel merely tinkered with the current complex and confusing tax code, making it even more complex. Not one serious economist could be found to endorse the current system while many highly regarded economists support the FairTax.
3. The Tax Panel's recommendations benefit lobbyists, law firms, and tax advisors and not the American people. The Panel essentially endorsed the current failed system and there was no effort to analyze the FairTax.
4. The FairTax replaces all federal income and payroll taxes with a revenue neutral, 23% national sales tax.
5. The FairTax is fair because it:
a. Has No exceptions, No exclusions = No loopholes
b. Untaxes the poor through a prebate
c. Enables workers and retirees to keep 100% of their paychecks
d. Encourages greater savings, investment, job creation, productivity, and economic growth
e. Increases taxpayer compliance while reducing compliance costs
f. Eliminates the stifling bureaucracy of the IRS
6. The FairTax has strong and growing support among the public because it replaces a broken and destructive tax system with a simple, transparent, and fair retail sales tax that is good for all Americans.
7. The Treasury Department should offer alternatives to the President which include the FairTax since only the FairTax reflects the will of the American people and the principles that President Bush defined as the basis for true tax reform.
Send your letter to:
Honorable John Snow,
Secretary of the Treasury
FAX number: 202-622-0073
Phone number: 202-622-1100
Please open with: Dear Secretary Snow
Please Enlist the Help of Friends, Colleagues and Concerned Citizens Now for This Effort. Now is the Moment for FairTax Advocates to be Heard at the Highest Levels of our Government.
Similar Correspondence Should be Sent to Your Senators and Representatives Urging them to Write Secretary Snow to Reject the Panel's Recommendations and Offer the White House Alternatives that Represent True Reform.
Send copies of your communications to info@... so we can better judge the impact of our work.
Americans For Fair Taxation
You received this e-mail because you joined our list through our online registration, e-mail newsletter, petition, direct mail effort or phone bank. If you do NOT wish to receive e-mail updates about the FairTax, please pardon our e-mail (and accept our apology). You may reply to this message with the word 'remove' and your original registration e-mail address (genie@...) in the subject line to be removed from our e-mail list.
Contributions to Americans For Fair Taxation are not tax deductible because we lobby for you in Washington, D.C.