Fair Tax Volunteers

  • Sam Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2004
      From: Genie Hayes [mailto:geniehayes@...]
      Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2004 4:19 AM
      To: FAIRTAX_DD@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FAIRTAX_DD] From Tom Wright:
      Congratulations! Now we are in really big trouble.

      Hello, FairTaxers:

      Well, we have done it. In his acceptance speech,
      President Bush said that, if reelected, he will lead a
      bipartisan effort to reform and simplify the tax code.

      This is a close as I can recall the line from his
      speech, but there is more.
      His press staff handed out an information sheet that
      has even more information, but we don't have it yet so
      I can't quote it. We'll get it.

      No, the above does not say FairTax. Or national
      retail sales tax.
      But since April 1st, Leader Tom DeLay has said FairTax
      and no flat tax -- very publicly.
      In the last month, Speaker Denny Hastert has,
      privately, said FairTax and very publicly said no flat
      tax.
      In the last month, President Bush has demonstrated his
      intimate knowledge of our legislation quite publicly.
      President Bush's administration has said no flat tax.
      The Democrats have said no flat tax.
      And we're been telling people that all along.
      Due to all of the above, most news outlets have
      defined President Bush's "bipartisan effort to reform
      and simplify the tax code" as either "national retail
      sales tax" or "FairTax."
      There is some support for a VAT, and we will have to
      deal with that.
      But in short, the FairTax is the only game in town.

      All of this means, that should President Bush be
      reelected, we will have our first opportunity to enter
      an end game.

      Congratulations on bringing us this far.

      You are in really big trouble now!

      Very best regards,
      Tom

      Thomas A. Wright