RE: [nde] Re: a quickie...

  • Garry Taylor
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
      I have heard that messing with
      ouji boards can be dangerous.!!
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Matt [mailto:matt89331@...]
      Sent: 30 June 2004 21:34
      To: nde@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nde] Re: a quickie...

      Dear Jessica:

      Thanks for the info. and especially your story.
      Now I'm convinced that it can work.

      Will be getting a board soon.

      Peace & love,

      Matt

      --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, Jessica Potter <jessica@a...> wrote:
      > I'm not sure how many people are needed. The times I tried it there
      were lots
      > of people. But, I think you just need 2. But don't quote me on that.
      >
      > Storytime:
      > I was a friend's house for a sleepover. They had a ouji board.
      Parroting my
      > mom, I told them it was the people moving and not really spirits. I
      decided
      > to prove it to them. I went across the room to the other said and
      told them
      > to have it tell me what I was thinking of. (i said "what" and not
      "who",
      > though I was thinking of a person). Well, it spelled out the name
      of the
      > person I was thinking of, a person they didn't know. They also were
      > expecting an object, not a person. After that, my view of ouji boards
      > changed. =)
      >
      > You can get them in the game section of toy section of wal-mart,
      target, etc.
      > You can also get them at game stores. I think the one in the above
      story was
      > made by a game manufacturer, as odd as that may seem.
      >
      > Jessica

      This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.

      This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.
    • Jessica Potter
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
        But, is that your experience? If you are just going off of what others tell
        you, I'd say don't believe everything you hear. If I'd believe everything I
        hear, I'd have to be Christian and Muslim at the same time to keep from
        burning in hell. I would say go on common sense and experience rather than
        fear. Do you have any stories relating to this assumption that they are
        dangerous? If there is experience related to it, then I'm sure we'd love to
        hear about it.

        If ghosts are what it seems like people tend to agree on this list, then, you
        do have to remember you are talking to spirits who are here because they
        still have some attachment. So, don't trust them as telling you everything
        true. They are just like people. I've heard Some will mimic people you know
        who have died because they can know your thoughts. I think some probably do
        it out of niceness sometimes because they just don't like to see you
        suffering.

        But of course, it might just not be your interest to get involved at all in
        the whole communicating with ghosts.

        Jessica

        On Thursday 01 July 2004 00:49, Garry Taylor wrote:
        > I have heard that messing with
        > ouji boards can be dangerous.!!
      • Mike King
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
          Jessica Potter <jessica@...> wrote:

          You can get them (Ouija boards) in the game section of toy section of wal-mart, target, etc.  You can also get them at game stores.  I think the one in the above story was made by a game manufacturer, as odd as that may seem.

          Jessica

          MIKE: As a kid I got mine there, too, and thus would explain why everytime I played with mine it kept telling me I owned hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place, had to pay rent to B&O Railroad, and kept getting "Get out of Jail Free" cards.

          All along I thought it was telling me that I would grow up to be a rich land barron but instead all I got was this lousy T-shirt.

          ;-)

          Be Well,

          Mike

        • Jessica Potter
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
            LOL!

            Jessica

            On Thursday 01 July 2004 09:13, Mike King wrote:
            > Jessica Potter <jessica@...> wrote:
            > You can get them (Ouija boards) in the game section of toy section of
            > wal-mart, target, etc. You can also get them at game stores. I think the
            > one in the above story was made by a game manufacturer, as odd as that may
            > seem.
            >
            > Jessica
            >
            > MIKE: As a kid I got mine there, too, and thus would explain why everytime
            > I played with mine it kept telling me I owned hotels on Boardwalk and Park
            > Place, had to pay rent to B&O Railroad, and kept getting "Get out of Jail
            > Free" cards.
            >
            > All along I thought it was telling me that I would grow up to be a rich
            > land barron but instead all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
            >
            > ;-)
            >
            > Be Well,
            >
            > Mike
          • Valerie

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 1, 2004
                Oiuja boards ARE dangerous!!! It is sorcery, and opens a door from which
                demons are invited into your life!! Please - don't do this, it isn't worth
                the risk to your eternal soul.

                >From: Garry Taylor <garry.taylor@...>
                >To: "'nde@yahoogroups.com'" <nde@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [nde] Re: a quickie...
                >Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:49:18 +0100
                >
                >I have heard that messing with
                >ouji boards can be dangerous.!!

                Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in
                Technology 101. http://special.msn.com/tech/technology101.armx
              • Jessica Potter
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                  Deborah Lowry wrote:

                  >Oiuja boards ARE dangerous!!! It is sorcery, and opens a door from which
                  >demons are invited into your life!! Please - don't do this, it isn't worth
                  >the risk to your eternal soul.

                  I don't believe in demons. Please define sorcery. There are two
                  definitions in the dictionary: *

                  1* *:* the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil
                  spirits especially for divining
                  *2* *: *Magic*
                  *
                  If it's #1, then I don't believe in evil spirits - just those still
                  learning like the rest of us. And I wouldn't take control of any spirit
                  (not that I could anyways, but if I could, I wouldn't). Also, I
                  wouldn't trust them in helping me with divinition - I'd just do that
                  myself. I don't need their help for that.

                  If it's #2, then we'd get right back into a debate we had on here back
                  when I was on this list before.

                  I also don't see how it would risk my soul. Please explain this. How
                  is it that such a thing could keep me from love? I would actually like
                  to talk to these ghosts and help them to get beyond the earth plane.
                  So, I would risk what in doing this? How would trying to help them
                  cause me to go backwards and into lower vibrations (which is what I'm
                  guessing you mean by risking my eternal soul)?

                  Also, I would like to know the experience you have had that have caused
                  you to have this belief that it is dangerous.

                  Jessica
                • Matt
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 2, 2004
                    Dear Deborah:

                    I appreciate and thank you for your concern.
                    It so happens I don't believe that any demons
                    or spirits can have any power over my or
                    anyone else's soul. According to some
                    traditional religions satan has awesome
                    powers indeed! Now why should God have given
                    them to satan, especially since he has nothing
                    but harm in mind? Does it make sense at all?

                    I think there are ghosts. These are the
                    spirits of those who have died and, for some
                    reason or other, decided to hang around on
                    earth instead of going on. I've also read of
                    cases of "ghostbusters" who go to haunted
                    places and do their best to persuade these
                    souls that they should go forward on their
                    spiritual journey towards God, instead of
                    wasting their "time" here. Some ghostbusters
                    are more successful than others.

                    But outside of cases like these, I don't
                    think there are any demons. I don't believe
                    there is any devil. But we humans have our
                    egos or "lower selves", some of which aren't
                    so pretty.

                    There must be millions of people worldwide who
                    use ouija boards. Some do it for fun, some
                    are more serious about it. It was very popular
                    during WWII, for instance. The favorite
                    question at that time, of course, was "When
                    will the war end?" There would be all different
                    kinds of answers - all of them were wrong. It
                    could be that some of the people were just
                    having fun and pushing the boards themselves.

                    Thanks again for your caring.

                    Peace & love,

                    Matt