Re: for Rosalind/for valarie UK weather

  • Mandy Knight
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2004
      Hi Valarie..

      Uk scorching last week (well, scorching for England anyway), stored
      all winter clothing (except a wise rug or two).

      This week freezing cold, biting winds... spring flowers flattened by
      torrential rain.
      Mouse back in house for the warmth (can hear his teeth chattering)

      May Cassie be free in the vast outdoors of the heavenly realms :)

      Hugs, Mandy

      --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, tyga <tyga1au@b...> wrote:
      > valarie Sumner wrote:
      >
      > > */Confuscious he say, well I think I am in my dotage. How
      about
      > > this, tonight I was meant to ring a friend, but I misread the
      > > number, well I rang one above the number I wanted, and of
      course
      > > you know the scenario, "Hi, is Norman there", Norman being
      the
      > > fellow I was ringing, there was a hush....... "This is the
      > > Emergency room-at Noarlunga Hospital". Aha, I though, Norman
      > > playing games again, but then I realised, my mistake, I was
      > > chuckling by now of course, I don''t know how I have become
      so
      > > silly lately. I daresay I will make an excuse here, I am
      > > recovering from Flu, which was verging on pneumonia. my
      excuse
      > > anyway./*
      > > */So it is your Daughter who has the lump in her chest,
      > > SORRY............ nope would not be a kick./*
      > > */More likely a fatty cyst. If so, it can be removed safely,
      they
      > > use as you no doubt know ice. Freeze it, and then remove it.
      My
      > > sister gets these lumps and they are removed by freezing
      them,
      > > actually she has them removed in the Dr's surgery. Only
      takes a
      > > few minutes. Geez it's cold here today, I thought Oz was a
      warm
      > > place, well when I was in U.K. all the letters we had from
      > > Australia House in London depicted warmth. "The Lucky
      Country", I
      > > don't think so, at least in U.K. when it was Winter, we knew
      > > rug up, and Summer - again rug up, Autumn, yes rug up,
      Spring,
      > > sometimes beautiful, but take a brolly, here each day is
      > > different, hot last week, freezing today. No wonder all
      locally
      > > have the Flu. Amongst red noses, coughing,
      sneezing.etc.etc.etc./*
      > > */One woman said "I think I am having a near death
      experience" I
      > > am so....B.........cold./*
      > > *//*
      > > */Well hope all goes well for your Daughter, and yes that
      > > information is always good to keep for animal friends./*
      > > */Sad News tonight my next door neighbours old Black
      Cat "Cassie"
      > > she died. But she was nearly 18 yrs old, and had a kind and
      good
      > > life, her own boss, she loved staying out, could not be
      coaxed
      > > into staying inside./*
      > > *//*
      > > */Bye for now./*
      > > *//*
      > > */Valerie. 7.31PM 30.4.04/*
      > >
      > Your a funny one Valerie, you bring a smile to my dial :)
      >
      > Some times your passion makes you seem aggressive, which may cause
      > people to read you wrong, well at least thats the impression I get
      > sometimes, but I also get the impression of a dear warm soul that
      can be
      > quite funny and enjoyable. An interesting mix and we wouldn't have
      it
      > any other way.
      >
      > love,
      >
      > tyga
    • valarie Sumner
      Message 2 of 16 , May 1, 2004
        Did your Horse have an anti Strangles injection-immunisation? For an Electuary, you can make up one if you wish. Get some Garlic crushed.+ Honey + Aniseed. Mix well and put into the Fridge to firm up.
        Then give your Horse a piece about the size of a walnut, smear on the tongue, lift the Horse's head a little to coax it to swallow the medication. Aniseed can be bought in powder form, and is in itself loved by Horses. Or buy a ready made Cough Electuary Paste. Some Horses have an adverse reaction to immunisations. Yours must be one. The Garlic is a natural antibiotic. The Honey soothes the nasal and throat membranes. Wish you luck.
        Valerie. 1.5.04

        PS. Go to your local Library and look for a book on Herbs & Horses. Cures.
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2004
          From Valerie,

          Yes, I am a funny one. I don't know where I came from!
          My sister June found a bird under a ledge, this ledge was above a supermarket doorway. June rang me up and said "Val I think I have found a Duck", my eyes widened, Oooh I thought a Duck, I need a duck. so I said "I'll come over now and pick him up, I had just come back from seeing my horses and they are kept over 80km from me, so my sister said "But Val you have driven miles today" No, I said, I am coming for that duck. Of course when I got to my sisters she told me it was in her lounge in the waste-apaper basket on some Kleenex tissues. I went in expecting to see a quacker, but No..... it was a Baby pigeon, you see because it had a wide beak, as they do, and they are called "Squeakers" because obviously they squeak.
          So do I sometimes.
          Anyway she then told me it would not eat anything, "she had offered it some Ham", June, I said, it is a seed eater, and is too young to cope alone, it had some feathers on and most were downy yellow. Also alas it was a "swimmer". No not a marathon swimmer, but legwise. One crooked leg just about under it's body, the other completely sideways sticking out, hip displasia. But Plucky, Unfortunately it had been tossed out by it's Mother as unviable for survival. I felt sorry for it, my sister said she should have left it on the floor, but I knew the ants would get it. So I have the little thing, and named him/her BLUEY, as it is a Blue Barred Pigeon. And sing, can it sing, sure can nothing like a pigeon should. It warbles and pips, and grunts, and really sings like a Thrush. UNIQUE here for a reason, I have a Guinea Pig, named of course "Piggy" a female, and I have Piggy and Bluey together, they snuggle up nice and warm, and Bluey rests his leg on Piggy's back and sleeps that way, Piggy purrs away and appears to like Bluey. They are no bother, little pals.
          I thought about making a plaster cast for the leg which sticks out, the joint is unilateral and can be moved in the socket, no pain is shown when I manipulate the limb, but as I said, Bluey was born that way, and the thigh of the limb is convex. And to cast it could cause pain. So Bluey even though will never be able to use a perch, sure uses the wings OK.

          Valerie. amongst the Clan. 1.5.05

          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2004
            valarie Sumner wrote:
            From Valerie,

[...]

            Valerie, If I was a lame duck (some times I feel like one) I would definitely be fortunate to find myself in your loving hands.

            much love to you,

            tyga
          • valarie Sumner
            Message 5 of 16 , May 1, 2004
              Hello Mandy,

              I often wonder how my Mule "Dusky" is, and if he is still alive, when I left England to come here South Australia in 1982, I retired my Thoroughbred "Diamond" who was a Mare, and a beautiful loyal, fast sweetheart, and my Black Spanish Mule who's name was "Dusky" I named him that, they both went to the "Lockwood Donkey Sanctuary", in Guildford. about 6 mths later here in Oz, I felt a deep sorrow, and I had a very heavy feeling in my head, and then darkness came over me, and then light vibrant feelings of flying, I noted the time and date. and wsrote it down, I told my Mother that Diamond had just died, a friend of mine who used to keep in contact with my Dusky & Diamond at the Home came to Australia for a visit to see me,from U.K. I asked her how was Diamond, fine she said. But Janice I said, Diamond is DEAD. Oh no she is not she said, and then I told her how she died, "she had a haemmorhrage(spelt wrong and spell check says it is correct-lies) anyway she then said "How do you always know Val, you always know, of course I felt her die on that date. The Lockwood Home of Rest for Donkeys was a wonderfully run Sanctuary, and I was told before leaving U.K that is and when a Horse or Donkey whatever died, they NEVER left the Sanctuary, and all were buried with respect and a headstone. I also heard how Diamond had already had one haemmorhage and they had saved her with blood transfusions, but could not save her again, and I heard she had died of a broken heart. You see she followed me everywhere, and nobody else could ride her, or get close to her.only me.
              The little Mule I rescued from the Diddicoys, who had beaten and starved him.

              Valerie. 1.5.05
> [...]

              > >     */Sad News tonight my next door neighbours old Black
              Cat "Cassie"
              > >     she died. But she was nearly 18 yrs old, and had a kind and
              good
              > >     life, her own boss, she loved staying out, could not be
              coaxed
              > >     into staying inside./*
              > >     *//*
              > >     */Bye for now./*
              > >     *//*
              > >     */Valerie. 7.31PM 30.4.04/*
              > >
              > Your a funny one Valerie, you bring a smile to my dial :)
              >
              > Some times your passion makes you seem aggressive, which may cause
              > people to read you wrong, well at least thats the impression I get
              > sometimes, but I also get the impression of a dear warm soul that
              can be
              > quite funny and enjoyable. An interesting mix and we wouldn't have

            • eieiohohoho
              Message 6 of 16 , May 1, 2004
                I love Piggy! What a beautiful story. To be so different from
                Bluey, yet, still they are able to find comfort and acceptance in
                each other. We can learn so much from animals! Could you imagine
                if people could accept each other in this way.

                Sweet Dreams
                Jema

                of Service.
              • valarie Sumner
                Message 7 of 16 , May 1, 2004
                  It was a warm day and Cyril snail was hiding, there beneath the rotting leaves of cabbage. On his head he wore his little bowler hat, enough to keep his head cool. Then he heard a little rusting sound and out of the bottom of an old flower pot came Hugo, he was a centipede, orange and brown overcoat on, his body glistened in the humidity.
                  Hi Cyril what are you doing there, better hide otherwise that old Thrush will be along, Cyrils eyes shut in horror, Thrush, said Cyril, is she about today. Sure is said Hugo, saw her just a moment ago, that's why I left the flower pot, she was raking in there, and nearly ate Wally. You know Wally he got his tail pulled off last week, but luckily he grew another one, that's the way of worms. Poor old Cyril he was such a slow moving chappie, his hat seemed to fall sideways as he tried to pull his head in his shell. Oh dear, I wish I was bigger. Hugo said, now Cyril it could be worse, like you could be Johnnie the Slug. His wife was taken by that Duck last week. "What" said Cyril, Millie, do you mean Millie. Surely not Millie, I liked her, she was all slimy and gave me hope I could move fast when I followed her. Look here, said Hugo, you had better just go into the Greenhouse, hide in there old chappie, lots of food, and nice and cool, they have those sprinklers on in there. Cyril made his way under the old green door, there was just enough room to squeeze under the door. Safely inside he quickly made for the tender lettuces. Bad move Cyril, cried, Toad. Oh hello Toady old chap, how nice to see you, well not really because I just LOVE snails. Not in a loving way you understand, but very "Tasty". Oh dear cried Cyril, please Toady, no please don't, I have living to do, friends to meet, journeys to make. Exits. Amazing how quickly Cyril could move when he had to, the exit was easier than the entry, under the door he went again and safely back under the cabbage leaves, he tried not to leave a slimy path.

                  Valerie. 1.5.04

                  Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

                  I love Piggy!  What a beautiful story.  To be so different from
                  Bluey, yet, still they are able to find comfort and acceptance in
                  each other.  We can learn so much from animals!  Could you imagine
                  if people could accept each other in this way.

                  Sweet Dreams
                  Jema

                  --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "valarie Sumner" <galleon@o...> wrote:
                  >   From Valerie,
                  >
                  >   Yes, I am a funny one. I don't know where I came from!
                  >   My sister June found a bird under a ledge, this ledge was above
                  a supermarket doorway. June rang me up and said "Val I think I have
                  found a Duck", my eyes widened, Oooh I thought a Duck, I need a
                  duck. so I said "I'll come over now and pick him up, I had just come
                  back from seeing my horses and they are kept over 80km from me, so
                  my sister said "But Val you have driven miles today" No, I said, I
                  am coming for that duck. Of course when I got to my sisters she told
                  me it was in her lounge in the waste-apaper basket on some Kleenex
                  tissues. I went in expecting to see a quacker, but No..... it was a
                  Baby pigeon, you see because it had a wide beak, as they do, and
                  they are called "Squeakers" because obviously they squeak.
                  >   So do I sometimes.
                  >   Anyway she then told me it would not eat anything, "she had
                  offered it some Ham", June, I said, it is a seed eater, and is too
                  young to cope alone, it had some feathers on and most were downy
                  yellow. Also alas it was a "swimmer". No not a marathon swimmer, but
                  legwise. One crooked leg just about under it's body, the other
                  completely sideways sticking out, hip displasia. But Plucky,
                  Unfortunately it had been tossed out by it's Mother as unviable for
                  survival. I felt sorry for it, my sister said she should have left
                  it on the floor, but I knew the ants would get it. So I have the
                  little thing, and named him/her BLUEY, as it is a Blue Barred
                  Pigeon. And sing, can it sing, sure can nothing like a pigeon
                  should. It warbles and pips, and grunts, and really sings like a
                  Thrush. UNIQUE here for a reason, I have a Guinea Pig, named of
                  course "Piggy" a female, and I have Piggy and Bluey together, they
                  snuggle up nice and warm, and Bluey rests his leg on Piggy's back
                  and sleeps that way, Piggy purrs away and appears to like Bluey.
                  They are no bother, little pals.
                  >   I thought about making a plaster cast for the leg which sticks
                  out, the joint is unilateral and can be moved in the socket, no pain
                  is shown when I manipulate the limb, but as I said, Bluey was born
                  that way, and the thigh of the limb is convex. And to cast it could
                  cause pain. So Bluey even though will never be able to use a perch,
                  sure uses the wings OK.

                  >   Valerie. amongst the Clan. 1.5.05

                  of Service.

                • Linda ^i^ Stewart
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 1, 2004
                     "eieiohohoho" Saturday, May 01, 2004 [nde] Re: for Rosalind
                    > I love Piggy!  What a
                    beautiful story.  To be so different from
                    > Bluey, yet, still they
                    are able to find comfort and acceptance in
                    > each other.  We can
                    learn so much from animals!  Could you imagine
                    > if people could
                    accept each other in this way.
                    Sweet Dreams
                    Jema
                    Dear Jema,
                    Aha!!  Here is where I think we can just circle our wagons around this topic and bring it on home so that it is ON topic.  Yes, we can learn so much from animals and from our reaction to them.  There is a reason this peopled earth has animals in it and that their nature is so like our own and yet so very different.  For those of us who love our animals........
                    Ahem, let me introduce Tigger, the canine goddess of existence (or at least she believes that because I treat her like that):
                     we have a tendency to express all our best qualities - kindness, patience, gentleness, generosity, loving kindness - with animals.  People should be so lucky if we treated them with the same respect and love.  Why are we more willing to dote on animals than humans?  Is it because humans don't let us love on them so openly?  Do we hug and pet people like we do animals?  They tend to like it.  I have a tendency to do so.  Here's a few pictures from my files.  First is a picture of Mazie and me together when she visited last year  (how's that for hugging?) and a recent visit of my friend from Arizona Here's Mazie and Ed
                    and Stephen and me  My files are full of hugs and kisses and petting.

                     I'm all for letting animals teach us how to treat each other.

                  • Dale Green
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 4, 2004
                      I came to a busy intersection yesterday morning, where a duck and
                      her ducklings were trying to cross. In the spirit of our sister
                      Valarie, I pulled over and herded them to a nearby lawn. It was the
                      thought, "what would valerie do" that gave me the motivation. So
                      maybe the acronym should be WWVD. Thanks Valarie.

                      of Service.
                    • valarie Sumner
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 5, 2004
                        From Valerie,

                        I have been ill, with Bronchitis, still have it, on antibiotics. But apart from that there are a lot of ducks and duckilings around where my sister lives, I came down the road and saw a Mother Duck and her brood just sitting in the road, luckily I saw them as it was quite dark, they waddled off onto a median strip. My Gander "Tootsie" has been chased by my naughty dog, and now is lame, I noticed him hopping(not mad but hopping). Gee I saw Brians Brother again, was it Brother or??????
                        She/He looks like Nothing I can relate to.......Yes I can one of the Simpsons.

                        5.5.04