Re: re~Eating & sex with horses

  • ntv_stompr
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
      --- In nde@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Krebs" <elfking@s...> wrote:
      "Dancing Bull, you have a right to your opinion"

      But Elfking, I said: "An animal is an animal. They have faces like
      us, feelings like us, brains like us, hearts like us, and love like
      us."
      With all due respect, you are obviously confused, because those are
      facts, not opinions.

      EK: I don't know why people would have cows if they couldn't use
      them;

      Mike: I know many poeple who use other people, so why should they
      treat animals any better? We either chose to love one another, or
      use and abuse one another. People have cows because they breed them
      and are clever enough to outsmart them and keep them prisoner.

      EK: so I think the meat eaters deserve credit

      Mike: Now THAT is an opinion.

      EK:for making them so docile you can watch them and not get gored by
      some hormone crazy male cow.

      Mike: It is only the arrogance of human ego which would assert that
      humans are responsible for the peaceful nature of our bovine cousins.
      It is humans who are agressive. War is proof. Carnivorous animals
      are aggressive as well. It is vegetarians who are peaceful.
      Peaceful does not mean defenseless, and although bulls are
      vegetarian and peaceful, they will react if provoked.

      EK: But this last statement "Happy Meals" my ass}:- that is really
      uncalled for.

      Mike: yet another opinion. Uncalled for whom?

      EK: As a person who raises donkeys; and loves his asses; to refer to
      asses and 'happy meals' at the same time is rather revolting.

      Mike: Another opinion, yet I now understand you a bit better.
      Donkeys are referred to as "beasts of burden," and this helps me to
      understand why it is you feel animals are simply here for our use.
      Either that, or you are trying to be funny. If the latter is the
      case, "lol," and I'll close this by saying that you seem to be one
      who knows how to use your ass.
      Hee-haw, Mike};-

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • valarie
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
         Hello from Valerie(Animal Kindom-home maker)I have saved many animals also from the slaughterhouses, and yes I agree with you cows are sweet Mothers, and friends, I saved 3 cows from slaughter, 1 Hereford, she had her whole hoof torn off, and she was only about 10 weeks old, just a bloody digit was there, complete horn missing from 1 back toe, I took her home, and prepared some herbal dressings for that toe, I had to keep the bone sterile, I made special boots for her, and now when I look at the boot which I still have, I wonder how she wore it, as now she is a fully grown cow, and with just perfect feet, the horn all grew back, with the special ointments I made for her with plants, herbal treatments, 1 Jersey, named Bambi, by the way the Herefords name is Rosie, and 1 red shorthorn named Clover. they all come to call, just love peppermints, and being groomed, I have heaps of animals, ferrets, horses, birds,parrots,dogs,cats,rat,finches,goat, BUT NO MONEY OR LAND, never mind I do have lovely friends who all help me. And in return if their horses are lame or whatever, I help them get the horses right.  Well reply if you wish.

        From Valerie in Oz. 1.4.03

[...]

        "Happy Meals" my ass}:-

      • valarie
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi from That Mad COW Valerie in Oz.

          I think you are talking twaddle, if you are a meat eater, bull(ly) for you. And a Male Cow, is not a cow, it is a bovine, a Bull if not castrated, a Bullock if it is, and a Steer if it is young. A Heifer is a young un-mated Cow, and a COW period! is a mated cow, i.had a calf.  And I love my 3 pet cows. And I do not have them to EAT them, surely in this vast huge planet there must be a little corner where they can live their lives out, and I have given them it.with ME. The MAD cow. That is what you are all most probably thinking anyway.
           Lots of folk I know have cows for pets, Not everyone on this planet wants to MURDER all the animals. There are too many people in this world, anyway.

          Hope you enjoy your tumor riddled beef. If you could see inside the abbatoir, I guarantee you would NEVER eat meat again, if you could see the huge tumors that are cut out of a cows abdomens, cancers, then vegetarians you would be.

          Bye for now. Enemy No.1.  Valerie in Oz.
             you have a right to your opinion; I don't know why people would have cows
          if they couldn't use them; so I think the meat eaters deserve credit for
          making them so docile you can watch them and not get gored by some hormone
          crazy male cow.

          But this last statement

        • GeeCalling@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
            In a message dated 3/31/2003 6:54:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dancing.Bull@... writes:

            I believe cows to be the most peaceful and harmless animals there
            are, and they have the sweetest, deepest eyes there are out side of
            Bambi. It truly breaks my heart every time I see them just knowing
            their fate.

            Me too.  And they give us so much!
            Love,
            Georgia
          • Brian Krebs
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
              yep Mike I was pulling a funny! I think you missed the male cow reference
              too :)
              namaste' Brian

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
                Val
                    I cannot disagree with the concept of vegetables and plants being a good source of food and needed nutrition; however; I can only stand so much of it; so instead I let cows eat and eat and eat all the plants they can; then I eat them- thereby consuming tons of plant nutrition.
                                                         Brian