Thank you

  • Lori Crandall
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 1, 2002
      Dear Everyone,

      I wanted to thank you for your comments on my dilema concerning this person
      who is really unhealthy for me. I do need to escape from this.

      Thank you so much for your words and support.

      Love,

      Lori

    • Linda ^i^ Stewart
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 20 5:40 AM
        Good morning,
        The messages of love and support that Ed and I received from all of you were received with deep gratitude.  Truly, in cases like this, words do not matter because the intention of the heart will be felt.  We felt loved and supported by all of you.  I thank you for my heart.
            Why do we tell others when we have large events in our life?  Whether it is "good" or "bad" we are inclined to tell people.  Obviously we are not just sharing information, we are wanting something -- we are wanting the support and love and interest that we know is always available to us from our fellow human beings and, most especially from those we love and trust.  I love and trust you.
        With love,
        Linda ^i^

      • Alfredo
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 19, 2003

          Dear Linda,

          Thank you for the welcome. You asked if there was anything of interest to me. Indeed!

          From my own personal experience, I have known two people that were completely transformed after their NDEs - and that is why I decided to join this list. So, the phenomenon is far from trivial.

          Seemingly to me, this phenomenon is the basis for all religions and reinforces them over and over throughout history. Nowadays I always suspect that people who were transformed and become too religious that they had an NDE. In one case that suspicion eventually was proven true - although the person in question was not comfortable discussing it.

          I am interested in determining to myself the generality of the NDE phenomenon. From the reports in your home page it is not clear to me whether the following aspects happen to people from all cultures: (a) out of body, (b) tunnel, and (c) the light as a presence, a being and (d) the "show of slides" or "final judgment" from the perspective of altruism.

          Do they?

          Cheers,

          Alfredo

        • Linda ^i^ Stewart
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1 11:01 AM
            Hi Folks,
            A quick swing-by.  I'm feeling somewhat better today and want to thank all of you for your well-wishes.  I'm hoping to be a little more active soon.
          • methdwman3@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 23, 2007
              Excuse my ignorance, but what is an orb?

              And why do you think you would be experiencing all of
              this on apparently a near frequent basis? Do you feel
              like you have some sort of special connection with the
              spiritual world?

            • methdwman3@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 23, 2007
                Patti,

                My name is Sarah. Coming from a Catholic background,
                I consider myself a skeptic of all things of this
                nature, but I also am not so arrogant as to think
                things I cannot quite comprehend have no way of
                happening. You seem very passionate on the subject,
                and I have found what you have said to be interesting
                thus far. Thanks for the nice response!

                -Sarah

              • Linda ^i^
                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 7, 2010
                  BOY!!  Did I ever sleep yesterday.
                      I'm still weak as a kitten but I feel a little better.  I just want all of you to know how good it feels that loving people, as all of you are, are thinking well of you and praying for you well-being.
                  I love you all,
                  Linda
                • Eileen Lima
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 12 4:37 AM
                    Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your group.  I have been reading your posts and find them fascinating even though there is a lot I don't understand.  My understanding of reincarnation is that we choose our parents, and environment in with that, in order to learn whatever lessons we need to learn to progress.  Having said that, I have had many moments of doubt...wondering if there really is "something" or if we just die and that is it!!  I do hope not, I hope you are right.  I suppose we can never really know until it happens!!

                    Warmest thoughts to you all
                    Eileen L
                  • Linda
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 12 8:12 AM
                      Welcome aboard, Eileen,
                      Like the millions (yes, millions of reported NDEs) of other NDErs, I can assure you there really is continuing life past death of the physical form.
                      Would you like to read about my NDE?  It can be found at:  www.near-death.com/stewart.html
                      P.S.  In a nutshell, I agree with you about reincarnation

                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 13 1:27 AM
                          Hey there my dear friend :o)

                          So glad you joined .........Eileen is my best buddy here in the U.K. and we
                          sit for hours discussing all aspects of life and death and everything that
                          surrounds it so it will be wonderful to share the knowledge we gain from you
                          all and to then discuss it ourselves. We don't always have the same hand in
                          glove views but that's how we all learn in life by listening to others views
                          and then formulating our own in with what we've gleaned.

                          Welcoming you with warmth and I know your contribution will make valuable
                          reading.

                          Smiles
                          Shells :o)
                          My heart doesn't beat it purrs ={^-.-^}=

                          > Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your group. I have been
                          > reading your posts and find them fascinating even though there is a lot I
                          > don't understand. My understanding of reincarnation is that we choose our
                          > parents, and environment in with that, in order to learn whatever lessons
                          > we need to learn to progress. Having said that, I have had many moments
                          > of
                          > doubt...wondering if there really is "something" or if we just die and
                          > that
                          > is it!! I do hope not, I hope you are right. I suppose we can never
                          > really know until it happens!!
                          >
                          > Warmest thoughts to you all
                          > Eileen L

                        • Eileen Lima

                            > Hello and thank you for allowing me to join your group. I have been
                            > reading your posts and find them fascinating even though there is a lot I
                            > don't understand. My understanding of reincarnation is that we choose our
                            > parents, and environment in with that, in order to learn whatever lessons
                            > we need to learn to progress. Having said that, I have had many moments
                            > of
                            > doubt...wondering if there really is "something" or if we just die and
                            > that
                            > is it!! I do hope not, I hope you are right. I suppose we can never
                            > really know until it happens!!
                            >
                            > Warmest thoughts to you all
                            > Eileen L

                          • Cher Bradley

                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 17 4:40 PM
                                Interesting point you make here Sharon which leads me to ask who would
                                choose a life terrible life - which is why I feel that there has to be a
                                purpose in someone having a dreadful time. I feel at the moment that I wish
                                I hadn't chosen to live the life I'm living and don't feel I'm learning from
                                what I'm experiencing but I have to think that on another level I must be or
                                why would I be going through this current phase in my life?

                                When I think of the people I know, many live a good life without major
                                traumas etc. and others have problems and worries beyond the normal and of
                                course thinking on a global level the horrific suffering that is endured or
                                a dramatic terrible end to a life surely has to have a purpose?

                                Ooooooh these late night thoughts are not the best to have before going to
                                sleep! lol

                                In good faith

                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 17 5:23 PM
                                  Robert Schwartz believes he knows why we would plan a life of hardship.. I am impressed with this man as a speaker. He is calm and intelligent. When I belonged to an NDE group he came as a speaker and we had our biggest turnout for a meeting. Please know, that I don't know if he is "right" with his beliefs.. His interest in pre-birth planning started after he went to visit a medium..
                                  I am not promoting his beliefs but learning about his theory is of interest to many people who are seeking answers like you are..
                                  There is an interview video on his website and he mentions 2 other ways to read 'parts' of his book without buying it..

                                  http://www.yoursoulsplan.com/
                                  Again, I don't know if he is correct but I don't see any harm in looking into this possibility.. Maybe you can give me your thoughts about what he is promoting..
                                  Love, Noni

                                  On 3/17/2012 7:40 PM, Shelley Phoenix wrote:

[...]

                                  ~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~end group email -->

                                • Shelley Phoenix
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 27 1:19 AM
                                    Thanks Noni I will look at this :o) I do feel that some apspects of life
                                    and death *attract* me more than others but in my quest for knowledge and
                                    comfort (the latter I'm struggling with) I'm thirsty to learn - but will
                                    that thirst be quenched? who knows lol only I will at some point :o)

                                    In good faith
                                    Shells :o)
                                    My heart doesn't beat it purrs ={^-.-^}=

                                    > Robert Schwartz believes he knows why we would plan a life of hardship..
                                    > I am impressed with this man as a speaker. He is calm and intelligent.
                                    > When I belonged to an NDE group he came as a speaker and we had our
                                    > biggest turnout for a meeting. Please know, that I don't know if he is
                                    > "right" with his beliefs.. His interest in pre-birth planning started
                                    > after he went to visit a medium..
                                    > I am not promoting his beliefs but learning about his theory is of
                                    > interest to many people who are seeking answers like you are..
                                    > There is an interview video on his website and he mentions 2 other ways
                                    > to read 'parts' of his book without buying it..
                                    >
                                    > http://www.yoursoulsplan.com/
                                    > Again, I don't know if he is correct but I don't see any harm in looking
                                    > into this possibility.. Maybe you can give me your thoughts about what
                                    > he is promoting..
                                    > Love, Noni
                                  • Noni
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 31 7:28 AM
                                      Dear Shells,
                                      There are many mysteries that point to soul/spirit living beyond physical death. The NDE, OBE, ADV, NDA, DBV, and more.. I will mention a few mysteries about the NDE.. Some of the things that I personally feel are the most convincing are;
                                      1. The reports of greeters in the NDE. If seeing people/pets is a product of a dying brain, why wouldn't those having the NDE see 'living' people/pets? Children will often report seeing relatives they didn't even know.. (but would later be verified) If it is some hallucination, why wouldn't children see their parents?
                                      2. People will have powerful dreams and hallucinations but they rarely change people's lives. If someone has an NDE, it can change them dramatically, Many changes (like having more compassion) increases over time and does not decrease..
                                      3. The body is shutting down and in some cases the NDEr was proven to be flat-lined in both heart and mind functions. Yet, they will have new and powerful experiences where they may see colors, majestic surroundings or hear music that they never heard before.

                                      However, the best advice I can give about 'soul/spirit awareness' is not about NDEs. It is about trying to bring more 'presence' into our lives.. We can work at becoming more aware of how much of our thinking is about the past and future. How difficult would it be, to become 'aware' of how our thinking is effecting us? (For many people, they don't look at their thoughts because they believe they are their thoughts.) If this sounds interesting to you, I would suggest reading Eckhart Tolle's books..
                                      Love, Noni

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Mar 31 2:41 PM
                                        Thanks for answering in depth Noni - much appreciated :o)

                                        I understand exactly what you are saying and that awareness will lead me to
                                        think more along these lines which can only be a good thing.